St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

Physical exfoliants are actually not good for the skin, because they are abrasive and take dead skin off in patches. Chemical exfoliants take dead skin off evenly - search "physical vs chemical exfoliants" for more info.

This product didn't harm my skin but it gave me a more patchy look because it's a physical exfoliator. I use BHA (salicylic acid) as my exfoliator now and my skin looks WAY better. People have commented on it.

I'm giving this a 3 because I think it's much easier on skin than a lot of physical exfoliators

I love it!!

I also tried the "anti-blemish" one but it dried me out. I use this scrub regularly on my arms where I recently started to get some acne and it really helps. I can see results after just couple of weeks. I also use it on my face once a week.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've literally been using this product since I was 10 and 14 years later its still the love of my life. I will always repurchase this! It clears the top layer of dull skin from your face to reveal the most glowing radiant complexion. Be careful around the sensitive eye area though.

It's a good scrub but the particles are not good for facial skin. I believe this is ground walnuts and they cause micro tears in the skin. Sugar scrubs are less damaging than this one.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I rarely use a scrub because the granules in them are actually very bad for the skin. I tried this one while on vacation with friends and hayed it. The granules in it are so large that they are definitely dong more harm than good. I also did not notice any difference in the way my face felt or looked after using it several times over a period of two weeks.
This is one scrub I would caution people to stay away from. Being that the granules are so large, I can see them very easily digging into the skin and causing redness or irritation. At the very least they are probably making very small cuts in the skin which is not good for it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I used this back when I was in high school and bought into the hype and was willing to try anything for my acne. I can understand why it's such a popular product. My face was always smooth and "clean" after I used it. But over the long run, it aggravated my cystic acne, making my skin redder and feeling very "raw". Do not recommend.

If you're interested, this article details what is wrong with this scrub: http://www.etherealauraspa.com/blog/apricot-scrub. Basically, the ground up walnut granules in this scrub are way too abrasive to be used on your skin. They can cause microtears and leave your pores vulnerable for bacteria to get into it.

As for exfoliating, there are better options. You can find a less harsh scrub (the St.Ives Green Tea scrub is a less harsh scrub) or use a chemical exfoliant like AHA or BHA (I've only tried Paula's Choice ones and they are great; the price range is higher than drugstore but you get a lot of product.)

Awesome scrub! It is a bit harsh and gritty but it gets the job done. I have combination oily and sensitive skin and it doesnt break me out. It takes off all the dry skin and impurities and leaves your face with a fresh and supple skin afterwards. I dont think it does much with acne, but it doesnt make it any worse either so thats okay. I am currently on my second tub now, and i must say this scrub lasts for ages!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. I have really acne prone skin and it's really dry. This is really scrubby but it doesn't irritate my skin. It really helps get the dry skin off and your skin feels really hydrated afterwards. It smells amazing and was only 6 dollars for big bottle

It's a good price, but I don't think this does anything for my skin at all :/ It feels soft after using it, but that's pretty much it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used to use this as a teenager. I think for oily skin, this is a great, natural product.

However, if your skin is dry or sensitive, this stuff is way too harsh on the skin. I personally prefer the synthetic scrubs,even if they aren't as good for the environment.