March 1, 2015 | 1119 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2015 9:10:00 PM More reviews by blancopanda920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

used to love this product. Now it doesn't work for me anymore, instead it dries out my skin and cause my break outs

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2015 3:26:00 PM More reviews by xpgr1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a very average scrub. I think the good qualities and bad qualities balance out each other, so I gave it a 3 star rating. I have very dry, sensitive skin due to chronic medical conditions so scrubs are very useful to me for getting rid of flakes and dry patches. The problem with this is that it is a very harsh, abrasive scrub and it kind of hurts when you use it. I think it is painful because I have very sensitive skin, but there is no denying that it is very harsh. It does an average job of exfoliating, though. I don't find my skin texture is significantly improved, but it is a little so I think that warrants three stars. I wouldn't buy it again because I have found better scrubs, both in the drugstore and high end.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2015 10:21:00 PM More reviews by erthendrick

My favourite scrub. I used it for a long time as a late teenager but stopped buying it to try out other facial scrubs. I saw it on special for nearly half price on a sale recently and picked it up. I forgot how amazing it makes me skin feel. I love the big, rough apricot seed beads as I feel it gives a thorough deep clean, past the top dead skin layers and deep into the pores. Other scrubs do not feel as deep cleaning as this has for me. I used it every second or third day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2015 10:03:00 PM More reviews by shutupandrea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been a staple in my household since I was 13 years old going in to high school. I do not use this product daily but you will always find it in my bathroom cupboard and I use it a couple times a week. For under 5$ you can't really go wrong. My face feels fresh and clean after use. Wouldn't recommend using this everyday, it would most definitely dry out your skin which would cause problems. Love St.Ives it is my favourite low price point brand that I will continue to use probably forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2015 4:17:00 AM More reviews by candystar11

I bought this cult favourite when my skin was looking congested thanks to use of a Clearasil Cleanser. This cleared my pores and made my skin look bright and awake. I would not recommend this as a daily scrub, but one that should be used three times a week. I found this scrub particularly useful on hot, sweaty days or on days when I wore a lot of makeup. I would recommend this to those with combination or oily skin. It really is worth the hype.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2015 7:02:00 PM More reviews by brooke2010

Dun dun dun...the controversial St. Ives Apricot scrub! Loved by some, abhorred by others. I personally am on the side that enjoys this cheap cult classic..and I'm an esthetician in training! I have oily combo skin that is prone to occasional breakouts. I also have quite a few blackheads in my nose and chin. I find that my skin is always super soft, clearer, and glowing when I use this once or twice a week and it makes my extractions a bit easier. I will say that NOBODY should EVER use this daily. It's wayyy too harsh on the skin for daily use..it will cause your skin to be stripped and then it will overproduce oil to compensate. I am still on the fence about the whole debate with the kernel sizes being uneven and causing tears in the skin...it's scary but I haven't had any issues so I will continue to use this sparingly as long as I keep having good results.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2015 12:53:00 AM More reviews by creamsodasundae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this scrub. It is a staple in my house, even though I do not find it to be amazing by any means. The price is certainly right.

The fragrance is nice, and the formula does not break out my skin. Sometimes I switch this one up with the apricot scrub meant for blemish control if I am experiencing a break out.

The only main drawback of this scrub is that it doesn't do a good job of exfoliating my dry skin in winter. I feel like the amount of scrubby particles in the product is lacking - the product is mostly "lotion". I apply this to my skin in small circular motions, but most of my skin isn't touched by the exfoliating particles, only certain portions of my face are, because there are so few of them in it. Therefore, in the winter, my skin remains flaky if it is dry.

I do like to use this when my skin isn't so dry, and it is perfect for a mild exfoliator.

The exfoliating particles themselves are not too scratchy, so compared to other exfoliators, I find this one to be gentle and I don't think it is doing any harm to my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2015 10:47:00 AM More reviews by dinosaurseatghosts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I used to use this scrub like crazy (nostalgia reasons, I guess) and I don't think it damaged my skin but it dried it out a lot. There are better scrubs out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 8:24:00 PM More reviews by debssx3

I have been using this face wash religiously for about 10 years now and I still love it! The beads are a little big, but I like it since I feel like it scrubs and cleans my face more. It smells really good and leaves your face soft. I started using this in high school when I had horrible acne everywhere, and it really did help clear my acne. I used it twice a day while scrubbing gently as to not irritate my acne prone at the time. Now that I only get hormonal acne, I use it every other day and still works really well. I also got my boyfriend to use it and he loves it as much as I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 10:42:00 PM More reviews by boijer

"If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?" Yes. I have - about 1,000 times. This has been my #1 face cleanser for about 15 years. I have combination skin, very acne prone. This product works wonderfully in combination with my topical prescription acne medication (combination antibiotic and benzoyl peroxide). I find that I need extra exfoliation with the turnaround my face presents. It is an incredibly gritty paste that, when used gently, has given me wonderful results. The scent and package have changed a few times since I started using it and I still miss some of the older formulations though I've hardly noticed a difference in the results. This is the cheapest and most accessible product that I could find for daily use.