October 31, 2014 | 904 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by bymysoultosqueeze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the texture, its rough but not too corse, leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. Dead skin is gone , smells good and the price is great!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 6:08:00 AM More reviews by sophoconnorxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Possibly THE best face scrub I have ever used! Awesome for people with oily skin, also very exfoliating and helped my skin loads. I have a combination skin type, overall an amazing product for me!
Smells so good (even though I am not a huge fan of apricot!)
And the packaging looks appealing!
I recommend this scrub!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Papillon999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this product for the ease of use and the way it makes my skin so dewy and soft after each use. It clogs my pores each and every time I use it and end up picking (very gently, no nails) at my white heads the day after the scrub. I end up with white heads in places I had not before. Always been very gentle when scrubbing and never exceeded a minute. Rinsed it off extremely well after each use. Has someone found anything non pore clogging? I read on the Internet that scrubbing excites the sebaceous glands and they end up producing more sebum. It's true in this case.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by LexiClarice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this until I found that baking soda does a better job exfoliating and is much more gentle on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by HannahSunn

I really do like this stuff, but it burns like hell! It might just be my skin but yeah, it burned my skin really bad! I still use it though because it gives my skin an amazing glow and makes my skin feel really fresh.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Tpoortier

I used to love this stuff!
I started using it again recently and I notice it breaks me out really bad! I like how it makes me skin smoother after every use but after a day or two I get horrible break outs :( I just booth the oatmeal scrubhopefuly that one Is better for me

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by anzwik

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I felt a bit apprehensive about buying this scrub, but I felt that it was something that I had to try myself after reading all of these varying reviews. From what I can tell here, you either love it or hate it. Personally, I love it. I have acne-prone combination skin that is extremely sensitive to chemical exfoliants (they dry out my skin, cause rough red patches, and break me out even when I properly moisturize after use), so physical exfoliants work the best on my skin.

I've found that this scrub works really well for me, and I have been using it for about a month now. I use it before bed whenever my skin begins feeling rough, which is usually every other day. It smells amazing and makes my skin feel wonderfully smooth. My acne has lessened; if I use it when I have a breakout beginning, I can expect to wake up in the morning with my skin looking significantly better (although I have been using the fresh face version rather than blemish control).

It is incredibly important to use it *gently*! If you scrub super hard, you'll definitely damage your skin and experience breakouts, as with any other physical exfoliant. I also use a gentle soap after use, since I'm not sure of how cleansing this scrub necessarily is. Absolutely make sure to moisturize! I haven't had any issues with drying, but I can see how this might be an issue for people with different skin types. Personally, I love this scrub, but it is by no means for everyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't believe people still use this product. Nostalgia, maybe? I don't know. I'm an esthetician and everyone in my field despises this stuff. It doesn't exfoliate your skin, it injures it. It is far too harsh for any skin type. Try a sugar scrub, or a clarisonic, or a chemical exfoliant! But crushed up nuts and cornmeal, really? I know a lot of people associate that scrubby feeling with a deep clean, but if your exfoliation is hurting or uncomfortable, you are NOT helping your skin, you are DAMAGING it. Seriously, ditch this stuff ASAP!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Lpeterso15

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think I've been using this product for about 20 years. When I was younger and had oily skin, it kept my skin clean and from breaking out. As I have aged, it has become a great exfoliator for my face and body.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Reading reviews for scrubs, and when I saw St. Ives Apricot Scrub listed, had to write a review to warn people with sensitive skin to run from this product.

I have a vivid memory of using this scrub several years ago. My skin is dry and sensitive, and doesn't do well with abrasive products and washcloths of a rough texture. This scrub feels like blunted sharp objects are being rubbed over my skin. After rinsing, noticed tiny, minute abrasions on a couple areas of my skin. Horrible stuff!

Would not recommend for any skin type based on my experience.