April 19, 2014 | 1618 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by mellyru

When I first applied this mascara, I could see right away the volume and length that it gave my lashes, which was great. But about thirty seconds later, my eyelashes had drooped down. No biggy, the mascara didn't hold a curl for me to save my life, but my lashes still looked thick and super long. Then . . . about half an hour later, I glanced in the mirror and saw that the entire bottom lid of my eyes were black. Maybe it was because of my stick straight lashes or my oily lids, but I've had other mascaras that I do better with. Also, the formula seemed to have dried up rather quick after a month-ish.

If you have decent length lashes that aren't too sparse and don't have a tendency to smudge mascara, this will work wonders (as I have seen on other girls).

If you have short, downward pointing stubborn straight eyelashes that requires strategic curling from the eyelash curler and oily lids, I would probably pass on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGal95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For years this has been my every day mascara. I use brown/black because my lashes are light and day wear.
Never find lash marks on my brow bone or below eyes. It's definitely cry proof, oily lid proof, allergy tearing proof. I change mascara every 3 months for hygiene and to avoid product drying out. Due to this, price is great, never any clumping, always fresh.
Can't do without!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not the ideal mascara for my thin lashes.
I have this in dark brown, which I purchased by accident instead of black. It's a cool, ashy dark brown.
The brush is a long, classic mascara brush with a tapered end. It's nothing special. It's a little too long for my eyes, but it's nothing too dificult to work with.
The formula of this is a little strange. It looks very thing and glossy, but applying it, it's thick and clumps very easily. It also takes a very long time to dry. Since it's waterproof, I would've expected it to be long lasting and hold a curl well. Instead, my eyelashes fall straight after an hour or so, regardless of whether I curled before, after, or both. Since my eyelashes are poited down again, they touch my lower lashline and create a wonderful panda look. It smudges horribly when my face starts to get oily.
This was clearly a failure as a mascara. Now I use it as a gel liner. I put some of the product onto the back of my hand and use an angled eyeliner brush to do my eyeliner when I don't feel like using black. It doesn't smudge as much as a liner than as a mascara, although it does still smudge.
I bought this on sale from Shoppers for about $6 Canadian. I'm not going to repurchase this. I'd much rather buy the Maybelline Great Lash instead, which is my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

One of my favourite makeup gurus on YouTube recommended this mascara, so I tried it out. After being consistently disappointed with my eyelashes' ability to hold a curl, this was a godsend! It goes on smoothly and does everything a mascara should do - lengthens, thickens, darkens, and separates. My eyelashes hold a curl all day (after being curled) and look great!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by materialface

I don't know what the deal is with this mascara but I am extremely disappointed! I used to buy the original Voluminous mascara years ago and I liked it, never had a problem.

Perhaps the new waterproof formula was poorly formulated and tested because this mascara gave me EXTREME raccoon eyes within an hour of every time I used this. The first time I used this was on a night out and I went to the washroom in the club and I had major raccoon eyes when I looked in the mirror (embarrassing!!) I thought it was because I put on more eyeshadow than usual. BUT! today, I applied nothing but this mascara for work and by 10am I had slight raccoon eyes and by 12 noon, all the mascara was under my eyes. WTF!?! I just tried covering with concealer but since its waterproof its harder to cover.

I had been meaning to repurchase this mascara for awhile now and when I saw it on sale at Wal-Mart, I grabbed one. I'm not sure if I want to give the original non-waterproof mascara another chance because I just wasted $8 on this one. Theres no other time I could ever use this mascara. Even with 1 coat of this gives me raccoon eyes. NOT pretty!

I do not recommend this mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by aaval

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would suggest that you don't buy this product. I made the mistake in buying it. . It says that is waterproof but really by the end of the day or even a few hours after putting it on i notice that it has fallen under my eye.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by mzthisnthat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't get the hype or attraction to this mascara. I've tried the WP version several times trying to get it to work for me, but every time I use it I end up with flakes of mascara under/around my eyes. I'm glad it works for so many others, but it's not for me. I'll stick with Great Lash, it doesn't budge.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by rimazima

This is one of the worse mascaras I have tried. The formula says it's waterproof but by the end of the day, I had dark circles underneath my eyes from the mascara falling off and onto my face. The brush is too large and the bristles are too close together. This doesn't really help when defining lashes so the end result I received were globby goops of mascara on stuck together lashes. The design of the tube is also horrible since the brush does not get wiped clean of extra mascara when exiting the tube meaning you have more mascara on your brush than need be.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It's a very average mascara. Having quite good lashes from nature I cannot see this mascara doing anything particularly good to them. The mascara provides average elongation and volume. No particular definition.
It is waterproof though and doesn't smudge.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Rachel76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been my go-to mascara for the better part of 20 years. I've never tried another mascara that thickened as well or that I get more compliments on how amazing my eyelashes are (since the Max Factor line and their amazing 2000 Calorie mascara were discontinued).