July 31, 2014 | 1312 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara really works for me. I originally tried the Voluminous waterproof in carbon black. the formula on that one was a lot thicker and made my lashes thicker and longer. However it was too wet on initial application and would always be a complete smudge mess within 3-4hours. Didn't like it and went on to try other new releases. I recently ran out and decided to pick this one up. This is the regular waterproof version( not carbon black) and I must say this is my new HG. That's right. I have straight sparse asian lashes and I find this mascara in waterproof works great at separating every lash as well as give it volume and length. For me, even at two coats I don't get any clumping. I find the formula to not be too wet at all making it perfect. Also doesnt smudge on me and I have oily skin so that's amazing. I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by deluxeccf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Me: straight but long lashes. I always use waterproof mascaras to hold a curl. This mascara is on the cheaper end of L'oreal mascaras (around $5-6 as opposed to others which are around $8-9+). I just can't with this. I tried to give it so many tries but it flakes so badly. I have never experienced so much flaking in my life. All over the sides of my face, on my cheeks, on my upper lip. All due to this mascara. Save your $$ and get Maybelline Volume Express The Falsies in the purple tube which IMO provides a lot more volume and length.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by 4lafleur

This mascara does not clump! It really separates my lashes, and is not that hard to remove with my eye makeup remover. I would buy again because it does not make me have spider looking lashes and the curl lasts all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by mellyru

When I first applied this mascara, I could see right away the volume and length that it gave my lashes, which was great. But about thirty seconds later, my eyelashes had drooped down. No biggy, the mascara didn't hold a curl for me to save my life, but my lashes still looked thick and super long. Then . . . about half an hour later, I glanced in the mirror and saw that the entire bottom lid of my eyes were black. Maybe it was because of my stick straight lashes or my oily lids, but I've had other mascaras that I do better with. Also, the formula seemed to have dried up rather quick after a month-ish.

If you have decent length lashes that aren't too sparse and don't have a tendency to smudge mascara, this will work wonders (as I have seen on other girls).

If you have short, downward pointing stubborn straight eyelashes that requires strategic curling from the eyelash curler and oily lids, I would probably pass on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGal95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For years this has been my every day mascara. I use brown/black because my lashes are light and day wear.
Never find lash marks on my brow bone or below eyes. It's definitely cry proof, oily lid proof, allergy tearing proof. I change mascara every 3 months for hygiene and to avoid product drying out. Due to this, price is great, never any clumping, always fresh.
Can't do without!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not the ideal mascara for my thin lashes.
I have this in dark brown, which I purchased by accident instead of black. It's a cool, ashy dark brown.
The brush is a long, classic mascara brush with a tapered end. It's nothing special. It's a little too long for my eyes, but it's nothing too dificult to work with.
The formula of this is a little strange. It looks very thing and glossy, but applying it, it's thick and clumps very easily. It also takes a very long time to dry. Since it's waterproof, I would've expected it to be long lasting and hold a curl well. Instead, my eyelashes fall straight after an hour or so, regardless of whether I curled before, after, or both. Since my eyelashes are poited down again, they touch my lower lashline and create a wonderful panda look. It smudges horribly when my face starts to get oily.
This was clearly a failure as a mascara. Now I use it as a gel liner. I put some of the product onto the back of my hand and use an angled eyeliner brush to do my eyeliner when I don't feel like using black. It doesn't smudge as much as a liner than as a mascara, although it does still smudge.
I bought this on sale from Shoppers for about $6 Canadian. I'm not going to repurchase this. I'd much rather buy the Maybelline Great Lash instead, which is my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

One of my favourite makeup gurus on YouTube recommended this mascara, so I tried it out. After being consistently disappointed with my eyelashes' ability to hold a curl, this was a godsend! It goes on smoothly and does everything a mascara should do - lengthens, thickens, darkens, and separates. My eyelashes hold a curl all day (after being curled) and look great!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by materialface

I don't know what the deal is with this mascara but I am extremely disappointed! I used to buy the original Voluminous mascara years ago and I liked it, never had a problem.

Perhaps the new waterproof formula was poorly formulated and tested because this mascara gave me EXTREME raccoon eyes within an hour of every time I used this. The first time I used this was on a night out and I went to the washroom in the club and I had major raccoon eyes when I looked in the mirror (embarrassing!!) I thought it was because I put on more eyeshadow than usual. BUT! today, I applied nothing but this mascara for work and by 10am I had slight raccoon eyes and by 12 noon, all the mascara was under my eyes. WTF!?! I just tried covering with concealer but since its waterproof its harder to cover.

I had been meaning to repurchase this mascara for awhile now and when I saw it on sale at Wal-Mart, I grabbed one. I'm not sure if I want to give the original non-waterproof mascara another chance because I just wasted $8 on this one. Theres no other time I could ever use this mascara. Even with 1 coat of this gives me raccoon eyes. NOT pretty!

I do not recommend this mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by aaval

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would suggest that you don't buy this product. I made the mistake in buying it. . It says that is waterproof but really by the end of the day or even a few hours after putting it on i notice that it has fallen under my eye.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by mzthisnthat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't get the hype or attraction to this mascara. I've tried the WP version several times trying to get it to work for me, but every time I use it I end up with flakes of mascara under/around my eyes. I'm glad it works for so many others, but it's not for me. I'll stick with Great Lash, it doesn't budge.