MAC Frost - Angel

on 10/8/2015 9:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've got pale skin with cool undertones. This shade looks horrible on me, I was so dissapointed since everyone seems to love it.. On me this shade looks very peachy/almost orange instead of pink. And it doesn't last long on my lips at all. I think I will avoid Mac lipsticks with frost finish as well, as the finish isnt very flattering.

on 9/29/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you are looking for a lipstick that you can pair with a multitude of make up looks then look no further! Gorgeous fleshy pink colour - think your lips but better. Feels really comfortable on the lips, pigmented and oh so pretty. Prepare for a bit of maintenance (regular top ups) to keep your lips looking good but apart from that, would really recommend this lipstick :)

on 9/19/2015 9:58:00 AM

I bought Angel with doubts because although my skin is neutral(MAC NW/NC 15-20), I have redness so pinks with blue undertones tend to be fake and too barbie-doll-y. After the first time I used it, I fell in love. This is the most gorgeous blue toned pink colour ever. I love it. However, if your lips isn't very smooth, it could clign on to those patchy areas; but with a chapstick, everything's ok.

on 8/29/2015 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

MAC Angel was my first MAC lipstick and I must confess that I bought it because Kim Kardashian claimed that it was her favourite MAC shade. Angel is a pretty baby pink colour with a frost finish. However, I find it tricky to wear for a couple of reasons. One is that the colour is slightly too pale for me to pull off. The second is that the frost formula tends to sink into my lip-lines. This lipstick just looks a bit 'off' on me. I do like the colour though, so when I wear this lipstick, I make sure I have enough time to apply it properly, it's not one I can just throw in my handbag and reapply throughout the day. I usually wear about three layers of Angel, blot it with a tissue between layers, and smooth out the final layer with my finger. This stops it from sinking into the lip lines but is a timely process. The colour is beautiful and I will finish the tube. However, I will not repurchase this lipstick, instead I will try the similar coloured Creme Cup.

on 8/2/2015 7:21:00 PM

This is my all time favourite lipstick so far! It's such a pretty pink, but also neutral colour on me and I love it. I wear it all of the time. It's very creamy and moisturising, it feels like a lip balm. The colour is really pigmented and looks lovely on my very pale skin. It lasts a long time, but not so much if you're eating or drinking, so touchups are required then. But when it fades, it doesn't go patchy, it just goes to a nice neutral colour. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to try a pinky nude lipstick.

on 7/17/2015 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I am not pale I am middle eastern with tanned skin now that it is the summer and I love this lip color!! It is not just for pale people guys!! It looks good on a lot of ranges of skin tones ! I have yellow undertones btw. It is pigmented and smooth and creamy and it really looks sexy! This color along with a a beautiful pink blush (think nars amour) and a shimmery highlighter and a simple winged eye is my daily makeup! I love pink lips that are not crazy pink but subtle pink and I like the frosty mess of it since matte lips kinda look too stiff for me sometimes .

on 7/13/2015 12:30:00 PM

LOVE this! If you are blue-grey eyed and pale.. this one is a perfect day time colour!

I feel like I've been looking for a colour like this for a long time! Very pleased I found it!

on 6/11/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a pretty lipstick, very pale pink, and yes, a bit frosty. I do like it but will not buy again, and here's why. I can really only wear this when I am at my palest, and even then I need to carefully balance my cheek color with it or my lips just sort of disappear. I really prefer it with a liner underneath, just for definition, because again, without it, my lips don't even show up. That said, it's very pretty with a dramatic eye and just enough cheek. Even with a neutral eye, I have to have cheek color with it or it just goes flat.

I don't see this being a shade for everyone at all. I imagine that unless you are super pale, or are darker than medium, you can create a pretty dramatic look with it. But. For others like me who are fair-medium and through the mediums, I wonder if this really gives enough color. I may well be wrong on this, it's just my opinion.

Just a note: sometimes I use Soar liner underneath this, just as an outline that I blur inward (a lot), and this takes on a peachier tone, just ever so slightly. I also like to wear it with Angel glass on top. That gives it a little more polish. (Also, I almost always wear MAC Prep & Prime lip under my lipsticks. It really does do a lot to give your lipstick something to grab onto, and helps wear considerably.)

Wear is not long, but it IS a fun color to wear, very girly. And, of course, the texture is lovely, a little slippy, not dry for me at all. It does transfer to cups and such, but I don't have any problem with it wandering outside my lip line. It just wears away, pretty evenly, actually. The fact that it's pale and sheer helps there. I don't mind having to reapply at all since I don't wear this on "serious" days ever. It's too playful for those days, to my mind, and if I'm busy and focussed, I don't want to have to think about my lipstick.

As others have noted, it has the MAC scent, and is packaged in the typical black MAC case. I enjoy both of those things. Yes, MAC lipsticks are a bit expensive. But anyone who enjoys them knows that going in. It is what it is. I buy lipsticks at all price points, am definitely not tied to any one brand. If I like it, I buy it (within reason).

So, yes, I do like it, but no, I won't buy it again. I will enjoy it while I have it and then move on to something else. No worries at all.

on 5/28/2015 4:02:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product as it is kind of one of the shades that people claim you just have to own in your lipstick collection! And I can see how it would work really nicely for some skin tones. But I find its just too sheer/light to do anything on my skin tone. I like the consistency of it, its smooth and easy to apply. Like other MAC lipsticks, I love the packaging and scent. But it wasn't worth the price to me. It looks nearly the same as wearing a $2 lip balm from the drugstore on me. I prefer "Brave" by MAC for a neutral lip.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Light pink with a little sheen. It has a neutral to almost cool tone which makes it really pretty. It can work on nc or nw skin, it has MACs signature vanilla scent. It's semi sheer but also builds up easily. Love the packaging too! I think MAC makes great lipstick!

Recommended for Medium Skin