Aveeno Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

3.6

Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, BHT, Bis Phenylpropyl Dimethicone, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja Seed Extract (Soybean), Isoceteth 20, Laureth 7, Methyl Gluceth 20, Polyacrylamide, PPG 10 Cetyl Ether, Water

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Im 36 with oily tzone dry cheeks very acne and clog prone. Its winter now and I needed moisture my skin was so dry from the weather and I was breakong out as well. after a week of using this noticed small cosmetic whiteheads around chin and mouth area, will be returning this. Also wasnt moisturizing enough and felt as thou it just sat on top of skin. Perhaps my skin doesnt like cones (dimethicone)

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

For months my skin was stuck in a weird cycle. On my temples and cheeks there were blocked pores that turned into skin-coloured raised bumps. These bumps would eventually turn into red and painful acne. I am in my 20's and have never experienced anything like it before. I tried salicylic acid spot treatments and that smelly sulphur resorcinol stuff, which would help a little but the clogged pores would just come back afterwards. I realized the cycle started around the time I started using Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer for sensitive skin (which was SUPPOSED to be non-comedogenic). So I went searching for a moisturizer for acne and found this stuff. It was expensive - $28 at my pharmacy (oh, the joys of living in Canada... lol) but wow. After a week of replacing Neutrogena moisturizer with this stuff, the bumps have almost completely flattened out and disappeared. My acne is healing. This moisturizer is thick, which worried me a little, but a little goes a long way and it absorbs completely to a powdery-smooth finish without feeling heavy, if that makes any sense. My skin feels very soft and moisturized, AND my zits are gone without my skin being dried out. It doesn't burn and it has not set off my sensitive skin. I think It might have even somehow calmed some redness around my nose! I don't know how this stuff works, but it does!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I had used this moisturizer for about a year and half and used up two bottles. It worked amazing and definitely helped with my acne. I ran out and bought a new bottle of this product about 3 weeks ago. I noticed the packaging was different but thought nothing of it. I've come to realize that aveeno most likely reformulated this moisturizer. While it once used to soak into my skin, I feel now that it leaves a weird slippery film. It almost feels like a primer now in that it just sits atop my skin and it has that synthetic feeling. Also I have to started to break out in little tiny whiteheads all over my face which is very unusual and not the typical breakouts I have. I have since stopped using this and those little bumps have gone away. It sucks that this used to work so well and now instead of keeping acne at bay, it actually causes it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

To be fair, I only used this moisturizer for a week. I have oily skin and I wanted a new moisturizer for the winter but this is not what I was looking for. I have used other moisturizers and they give me an even/glowy complexion. This moisturizer made my skin dry with tiny little bumps. It's also really expensive for the fact that it didn't do anything great to my skin.

Been using this for years love it. This is my HG for when my skins freaking out. Its not my everyday favourite moisturizer but I ALWAYS keep a bottle on hand for when I get the odd breakout, or have some bad reaction to some new product and Im feeling hideous-I stop using every other product and start using just this. It always improves my skin immediately, clears my skin, heals any blemish by the very next day, evens my skin tone, makes my face feel soft. I wish I could use this all day every day but its not moisturizing enough for me. But if they ever stopped making it I honestly wouldn't know what to do...other acne products are too harsh and drying for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not sure if I would buy this again but so far so good. I was a little worried about trying this because of all the negative reviews but after spending so much money on high-end skincare that's been a bust; I really wanted to try something drugstore and more accessible. I have adult acne-prone sensitive skin. This hasn't caused any reaction and really soaked in a lot more than I expected based on the other reviews. I will update my review later with progress/if I react.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hate this. It did nothing to clear my complexion or moisturize it. I have dry skin that needs moisturizing creams in the mornings and at night. I hated the texture too, it was too "creamy" or "thick" and I'd rather have something that blends into the skin so I can apply makeup over top.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I. Love. This. Moisturizer. I don't have bad acne, but I do get occasional breakouts and this is the only moisturizer I've tried that I feel actually fights to clear them up. I use this every single night and it dries quickly and leaves me skin feeling smooth and hydrated but not at all greasy, making it a great option for daytime wearing too. Overall a wonderful moisturizer, I'm at the end of my bottle to the point where the pump won't get the product out anymore but I'm still attempting to use it all up! I'll be repurchasing soon for sure, and in the future as well!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and this product made me break out. It felt great on my skin though and so I was disappointed. I'm sure this is a great product for people who don't have oily skin though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

So reading through reviews this product seems to either improve skin greatly or make acne worse. Unfortunately for me it's the latter, my face has more breakouts. Shame because it was kinda pricy for me. I would repurchase aveeno again but not the clear complexion type.