November 27, 2014 | 967 users online

Treatments - Blue Cross - Cuticle Remover

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by pancakemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I always wondered what the techs at nail salons used to get my cuticles looking shiny brand new! Found this at sallys for $4.99 US, its going to last me forever! Not only does it work like a charm, quickly, painlessly, but at this rate i'll never run out! NO more clipping my cuticles off and cutting it too close!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG cuticle remover. LOVE LOVE LOVE it on so many levels.

1. Works quickly. I apply a drop to the nail base/cuticle and let soak for about 10 seconds (that's right seconds) I then use a cuticle pusher-I go between my metal pusher or an orange stick. Push back the melted goo of cuticle back. If my cutes are bad, then I repeat with another drop. Then use a bounty paper sheet to wipe up left over goo. Seldom if there is a hangnail, I then use my tweezermann nipper to nip it away. No soaking involved. All nails done in 2 minutes flat.

2. Super cheap! I purchased my bottle at Sally's. Under six bucks for 32 oz. It's crazy cheap.

3. Will last FOREVER. I am still using the same bottle I purchase 3 years ago...it's about 50% empty now. I do weekly manicures and monthly pedicures at home. Even if someone was to use this professionally in a salon...it's still very cost effective.

4. Works great for pedicures. I pour a capful into my soaking basis. Softens calluses nicely so one can just buff away easily with a pumice or rasp/file.

The only downside it packaging, size of the bottle to apply to a nail is really awkward, and one would spill this stuff all over. I just pour a small amount into an empty Essie dry drop bottle---works great. (PS. will be upgrading it to a DL bottle when I'm done with that cuticle remover)

Highly recommend this cuticle remover. I do try other brands, but nothing works as well and quick as for such little cost like Blue Cross.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by dftns107

This stuff is awesome! I had never tried a cuticle remover like this before so i did a bit of research before purchasing one and man i'm glad i did. This is super quick and easy to use. I found it best to use a qtip to apply it and then rub the cuticle off and if needed just my nail to push it back. I tried using a plastic cuticle pusher and it almost like scratched? my nail a bit, without the liquid it had never done that before. I was pretty surpised since i found it to be a very gentle formula. This worked perfect couldn't have asked for anything more. I highly suggest trying this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

*If* I ran out, yes I would buy it again, but since the bottle is so massive I doubt that will happen! It does the job, plain and simple. I apply it with a Q-tip and it pools around my cuticles. I let it set for just a couple of minutes, and then scrub all the little bits of cuticle away with another Q-tip. It needs to be washed off with soap and water because it is harsh to your skin, but if it wasn't, I don't think it would remove cuticle as well as it does. For what it's worth, I think Edie's explanation (a few reviews previous) is excellent and I follow her instructions pretty closely.
I've tried the Sally Hansen gel cuticle remover and instant cuticle remover, and neither came close to doing the job Blue Cross does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by turkey2083

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing and the amount you get is basically a lifetime supply. I apply to my cuticles with 2 q-tips. First, I dunk one in and moisten all of my cuticles. Then, I go back with the same q-tip and scrub a little. I then repeat the process and follow up by washing my hands and scrubbing up with a nail brush. You can use as much or as little as you like and scrub/soak for however long you feel necessary, but you'll find that eventually your skin will start to burn. This is a chemical exfoliant so it's serious business. When you start to feel the burn it's time to wash it off. Even if you don't see much improvement with initial use you will find with regular use (I do it about weekly) your cuticles will disappear and over time it is very low maintenance.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by shka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG what a product! it made my manicure and pedicure so easy and faster than before! I only need a drop on each nail and Ulta Cuticle Pusher and i'm done! love it, recommend to anyone! BTW i poured it into an old sally hansen instant cuticle remover blue tube so i dont waste the product, it works perfectly and it will last me i think more than couple of years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by edie4711

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am writing this review because this product, while truly awesome and a fantastic value for the money, is confusing and doesn't have much in the way of instructions. Once I worked out how to use it effectively, its awesomeness was revealed. I want to share that awesomeness with you.

This is the only cuticle remover I will ever need. (In fact, this particular bottle of this cuticle remover is the only one I will probably ever need. *Massive* bottle, very little product needed per use.)

Make no mistake, this remover is srs bzns. It is very basic/alkaline and must be used with care as it can and will tear up your nails when used improperly.

Having said that, it is not hard to use it with care, and with regular use will handle all your cuticle removal needs easily and conveniently.

I have a pictorial thing on my notepad explaining how I use it. I will briefly recap that here.

To use it the way I use it, you will need a couple of Q-tips, maybe a nail brush, a soft cloth of some kind (baby washcloth is great), and some kind of non-metal pusher thing if desired. (I do not always desire.) A clean cuticle nipper is a good thing to have handy. Also some cuticle oil or whatever you like to finish up.

For the new-to-cuticle-removal crowd: the stuff you are removing is the thin, papery, barely visible stuff that grows out from under the eponychium and covers your nail. Cuticle is your body's defense against germs sneaking in there. (Thanks, body. Appreciate it, but cuticle also prevents polish from adhering well so it gots to go).

I remove my cuticles once a week, usually the day before I do a polish change, and before my shower. I do it with my polish still on. It takes about five minutes.

This remover is liquid and very runny, which can be confusing to a first-time user. For ease of use, I decant it into a small--about 2 oz--glass dropper bottle.

I work with one hand at a time. With dry, unwashed hands, I drop 1-2 drops onto the cuticle area of one hand only, so they sort of fill up. Then I wet a Q-tip with the remover and commence to scrub the base of the nails with the Q-tip. Immediately I see the white papery cuticle begin to ball up and come off and roll around.

I just use the same Q-tip to do all 5 nails, then do a second pass to really get it disengaged and out from under the eponychium. The soft blunt Q-tip prevents me from getting too excited and damaging my nail or cutting up the eponychium.

If it's really bad (rare) I use a pusher of some type. I used to like an orangewood stick. Now I steal plastic nails from my nail wheels and use those; they're gentle. You can also use the nails of your other hand.

Then immediately I rinse the nails under running water and scrub with a little mild hand soap and a nail brush. Sometimes I use the other end of the Q-tip, dry, to scrub the area again, just to be sure all the bits are off. Then I use the dry baby washcloth to finish the scrubbing. None of this should hurt.

You might have a little bit of sticking-out hangnail on one or more nails. Don't panic. Put some cuticle oil on the whole business and then do your other hand.

After it's all done and the oil or whatever has soaked in nicely, you can use a nipper to just gently clip off anything that might be hanging. Nip is the key word here.

Used this way, I have never experienced any negative effects from this remover and it is the fastest, gentlest, easiest way to remove cuticles and at the same time prep the newly-emerged nail surface for painting. Done regularly, you will never have cuticle overgrowth compromising your manicure.

I hope this is helpful. I love this product and will never need another remover. I hate that it is so mysterious and unlabeled and what have you, I feel like it's really easy to misunderstand it and miss out. Thank you for reading!

33 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is a staple on our house. My fiance works in the mill and gets horrible calloused hands once a week I have him soak the palms of his hands for a few minutes and then scrub with mr pumice bar. It helps the condition of his hands and he hasn't been in extreme discomfort anymore from calluses since I started tending to them thanks to this stuff!! This is a staple for us since he needs his hands for work.
Oh yeah this softens cuticles beautifully and I soak the bottoms of my feet on occasion and it helps keep my feet soft without all the elbow work or without shelling out money for a pedi. Love this stuff!
I use a small basin and soak my cuticles in there for a few mins since if you don't use a little cup or basin you'll find yourself excessively squirting and wasting alot of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Kimmeh5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Good amount of product for your money. It's kind of awkward trying to apply it, it gets everywhere, but I like it a lot. I use pure acetone for nail polish removal so I moisturize the crap out of my hands and cuticles after using it. The blue cross has helped soften my cuticles and ends up making nail polish application easier, without overflooding your cuticles. It's good stuff. It also repairs my nails a bit after using the acetone, which is very harsh.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by mwuah908

This stuff is amazing!! It removes my cuticles easily and also removes calluses from the back of my heels! I just poured some into a small shallow basin and soaked my heels for a while until the skin felt soft. Highly recommend!! :D