Nizoral AD Shampoo

4.4

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

on 8/20/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried Head & Shoulders, Selsun, and T-Gel all with no luck. This is now my HG anti-dandruff shampoo! This has a unoffensive, soapy smell that does not linger and this shampoo actually lathers and cleans! Most other anti-dandruff shampoos I've tried have just stripped my hair completely. This lathered really nicely and still didn't leave my hair dry when I rinsed it out. I have very thick, color treated hair with oily roots and super dry ends. This stopped the itching, stopped the flakes, and got rid of buildup. This is awesome. I would recommend to anyone who is struggling with scalp issues.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I used this years ago after a doc prescribed it. It helped but over the years I've been on a natural kick. I have very curly dry bushy hair and live in a hot humid climate. As much as I would like to wash my hair only occasionally, after 2-3 days of shampooing, my scalp becomes unbearably itchy. If I scratch it, an oily substance comes off in my nail. So my scalp is oily but my hair is so dry. After trying baking soda with no success, I tried using Nizoral again and after only one use, I felt the difference. My scalp was not itchy even after 4 days and even my hair looked healthier. I guess the clearing of the scalp helps oils travel down strands better. I will continue to use it twice a week for a month and then switch to once a week.

on 7/31/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING! i had dandruff for years since i was a child, nothing made it go away like this! i tried hot oil treatment, ACV rinses, different commercial shampoos and medicated shampoos... nothing made it go away, i am so happy i found out about it! i was so surprised how i was able to see my scalp for the first time in a long time! i used it for two times and it had made an amazing change in my scalp, finally got rid of dandruff!

on 7/26/2015 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love love love this shampoo. I have severe flaky, skin peeling type of dandruff. I have tried many shampoo from head & shoulder, t-gel, zinc, sulfur, etch. You name it. This is the only product that can keep my snowing at bay.

on 5/1/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My scalp is usually oily, with dry ends to my long hair, though I hadnít had a major dandruff problem in years, and Head & Shoulders had kept my scalp in moderate condition on a regular basis (I was never really a fan of Head & Shoulders and I continued to use it out of habit). But when I became pregnant with my forth child, and a harsh winter hit at the same time, my skin and scalp rebelled. The flakiness of my face and scalp were uncontrollable and embarrassing. I found out I had seborrheic dermatitis made worse by my eczema. I started treating my face with hydrocortisone and an antifungal, but my scalp I treated with this. After one use, my scalp felt more comfortable, not as itchy, though the flakes werenít really improved. Two weeks later (shampooing with this every other day), my scalp was significantly less flaky and didnít itch at all. The bottle recommends using this shampoo 3-4 times a week for eight weeks then only as needed. For me it was about ten weeks before the dandruff was truly manageable with once or twice a week. That was also about the time that my skin calmed down too so it is possible that my skin and scalp issues wouldíve resolved themselves. Still, the results of this were so immediate that I know it helped so I will continue to use it as needed and purchase again when I run out. On a side note: my nine-year-old daughter has a horrible oily scalp (but no flakes) and this shampoo did nothing for her, I need to keep searching for something for her.

on 3/12/2015 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product because I was losing a lot of hair and had excess sebum and Head and Shoulders didn't work. I used it as directed and now my hair and scalp aren't as bad. I only use it now when I notice my scalp is producing more sebum. I would say that it does dry out my hair so I only use it on my scalp. Also, because it doesn't lather I have to use more product so only using it on the scalp helps reduce product use. I would recommend this product to folks who feel Head and Shoulders and Selsum Blue didn't work for them.

on 1/24/2015 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I bought this hoping it would reduce my unexplained shedding. I was not shedding extremely much hair, but enough to make me uncomfortable, like twice as usual. I want to keep my quite thick hair on my head and grow it really long so I will not tolerate shedding too much as I refuse to give up having "my dream hair" at 22 years old. I have used this product 4 times now and honestly, it has reduced my shedding with every wash. This night I only collected about 6 hairs in the shower. Barely two weeks ago I was shedding more like 40 hairs in the shower. I use a different shampoo before Nizoral, than work the Niz onto my scalp, apply conditioner on the length of my hair, clip it up, go on with the rest of my shower routine and then rinse it off. It simply works to stop the shedding. I am very pleased. It's not some placebo effect or wishful thinking. I collect the hairs I am shedding in the shower carefully, because I do not want to clog the draining. Just four washes of this have reduced my shedding to about 20-30 % and it seems to get better with every wash.
A few negative points that made me take a point off my rating:
-barely lathers at all . it is a liquid shampoo that will barely make any foam. I need to apply it a few times to feel secure that I have enough product on my scalp. I suggest getting your hair very quickly through the shower head, it would make the shampoo lather more
-very expensive for the quantity. I can tell the price is speculative because nizoral doesn't have much competition. ketoconazole is not an expensive ingredient so the price is too high
-is rather drying on the hair. just use a conditioner

I will update my review after some more time.

on 12/19/2014 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

All my life I have had stubborn dandruff and itchy scalp. I tried Head and Shoulders, Selsun Blue and a bunch of DIY hair concoctions, but nothing worked. A friend of mine then told me about Nizoral and I tried it. It is AMAZING. I use it once a week and my dandruff has completely disappeared, my scalp is no longer itchy, and it actually does a great job of removing product buildup which was a nice surprise. This is now one of my must-have products for life. I definitely recommend this to everyone who struggles with dandruff like I used to. This product works.

I bought this product because I felt like my hair was shedding more than usual and it was freaking me out. I now use this product once a week and have noticed a dramatic decrease in the shedding. I feel like around 50 hairs used to come out in the comb when I combed my hair after the shower and now I get like 10 or 15. It does leave your hair a little bit dry but I believe this product really helps to stop the shedding.

on 7/25/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the only thing that works for me! The price isn't terrible and it's not terribly harsh on my hair. Once your condition is under control, you only need to use once or twice a week. I've tried many other products but this is my HG.

Popular Shampoos