April 18, 2014 | 1869 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by xoslshopaholic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore this lip butter for overnight! I wouldn't recommend it for use during the day, or use before a lipstick, but it has definitely improved the quality of my lips when I use it every night before bed (I use the raspberry one). It does leave a white cast, which is why I only ever use it before bed, and it feels like i'm wearing a heavy lip balm so I don't use it during the day, but this product is a must have! I wake up and my lips are ready for whatever lipstick I choose.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

They look cute, but really doesn't do much for my lips. Applying too much will leave a white film on your lips. Tossed mine after 2 or 3 weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Ayazxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE. IT.

Thank God I found this product. It is amazing for lips. I do have terrible peeling lips from a habit of ripping the skin (I know, disgusting). This has worked wonder for my lips and had given me literally the perfect lips. No peeling, no chapping. I bought this in Coconut and Macademia Nut at my local Shoppers Drug Mart, I can't recall the price I paid. It smells soooo good.
The ONLY thing, and sadly it's a big thing. When applying onto my lips it goes on really white. I actually didn't know this at first and a couple of my friends asked me what the hell was on my lips lol. I actually don't even care that it goes on that way because it makes my lips so soft and smooth. It bothers my friend so much when I do put it on but hey, my lips are softer than hers now!
I do also use this at night. I wake up in the morning with two beautifully soft pillows on my face haha! Despite the white colour I still love this product. I hope they don't change the formula on me to please the people out there who hate the white cast it gives. I give it two thumbs up. I'm already starting to see the bottom of my first tin and I DEFINITELY WILL BUY AGAIN :)))))

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- extremely moisturizing
- the texture is very smooth
- it's very lightweight
- lips say hydrated for a while
-- no need to apply it again for a while

Cons:
- you can't apply this in layers
-- if you do, your lips end up looking white

I only use this overnight.
1. My lips are usually very dry when I wake up in the morning.
2. I like to apply a very thick amount of this on my lips.
3. The product comes in a metal tin. Since I have to use my fingers, I apply this right after I take a shower.
Overall, I would consider this a "must-have." You know how there are hydrating masks for our skin? Let's just say this is the effective equivalent for our lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by mikakitty

Being a long-time fan of Nivea, I decided to purchase one of the lip butters today to try them out. The one I picked up was the "Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss".

Product -- This lip butter lives up to it's name of being moisturizing and long lasting. After applying it, I treated myself to a Bubble Tea. After I was finished, I could still feel some of the lip butter on my lips. Not a lot, but enough to be noticed.

Price -- I think the price I paid was justified. It was $2.87 at Walmart. Compared to other lip balms I've tried (Burts Bees, Soft Lips, EOS), it was not only cheap but impressive.

Packaging -- Like many people, the packaging doesn't make me too happy. I did find a way to apply it without having to use my finger. It was by just removing the lid and using the tin as if it was a regular lip balm; press lightly to lips and coat. Granted its not as effective as using one's finger and concentrating the product, it helps for those of us who really don't want to put our fingers in it. In time, one may need to use their finger though. In terms of opening the tin, I didn't have much trouble with my real nails. If i had gel-nails, or some sort of manicured nails, I would be very concerned about accidentally jabbing my fingernail into the product.

Overall, I would repurchase this :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by nicoleligia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really, really adore this product. The Raspberry Rose one is delightful. I hate that it's in a tin, as it can be somewhat difficult to pull off when trying to maintain a manicure, but it fits wonderfully in my purse. I really like the way it smells/tastes. I don't eat it, but you always get some in your mouth, ya know? It's super moisturizing and seriously feels like creamy, rich butter. It's absolutely lovely. The only downside is that it may leave a white-toned cast on your lips. So, you may want to use at night so you can wake up with baby-soft lips.
I would buy again in a heartbeat! Definitely recommend. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by fontainemullins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Would I buy this again: yes BUT... I don't find this to be a fixer upper. If you have dry, cracked lips, this will soothe them but not fix them. I have found this to be good on chapped lips but it requires a few applications to be effective. 2 days in my experience. If I usually have chapped lips I use Carmex or Blistex and overnight the flakies and dryness are gone. My POSITIVES: I would buy this again because it does an amazing job of keeping lips hydrated. I applied this whilst having the flu (when my lips were a flakey dry mess). While it did hydrate my lips, it still didn't really fix them like my other balm (blistex) did. So anyway, after my flu and my lips were nice and normal and smooth, I went back to this Caramel Lip Butter. And BAM! My lips are smooth and staying smooth! This stuff works great for mildly chapped/smooth lips to get them in good condition. Not for really dry chapped lips. Good scent! It is so subtle yet yummy and it is so mild that it actually makes you feel like you are putting a mildly flavoured butter on your lips. It comes in a tin pot. Which I like, because it looks pretty and it makes it easy to distinguish from my glosses. Yes, it may be unhygienic from a general point of view, but I reckon my tube glosses hold a lot more bacteria around the rim than this one. (Has anyone else gotten gloss or balm with the tiny hole that eventually makes its way up/down the threads of the lid? And bacteria can get to the edges or into the threads of the tube which eventually eases its way to the outside. I'm a balm in bag kinda girl and some of my tubes have picked up bag dust) There is no opportunity for stickiness or leakage from this. Unless you scrape your finger on the side. Aaaargh such a long review but the short of it is: Smells great Feels like butter (mmmm:-) Soothes chapped lips (but...) Won't fix very chapped lips fast (2-3 days) Keeps lips soft Great under lipstick Great over lipstick Feels velvety smooth. Keeps unchapped lips unchapped! Not good to repair lips in a short time period but amazing for everyday AFTER lips have healed. I have never had such smooth lips for so much amount of time!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this lip butter in "vanilla & macadamia" recently and I'm obessed!
This stuff is way better than I thought. It's really really moistruizing, and makes your lips so soft. The scent/taste is also extremely good! Just like white chocolate and vanilla.

Almost everything about this lip butter is amazing, but there's a few things I'm not crazy about. It doesn't matter that much, but I can't give it 5/5.
First of all they're slightly tinted. That's great with the rasperry one since it's pink, but with the others it's a bit strange. The one I've got is white. Not that it makes your lips white, the colour get's almost invisible if just apply the right amount and blend it into your lips.
The second thing that annoys me a bit, is the packagain. It's super cute, but it's in a tin. That means you gotta use your hands, and when I'm in public i won't use my fingers to apply lipbalm unless they're totally clean.

Otherwise this product is gorgeous, and I definitely recommend it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by wowotakubaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

God, I love this stuff so much. Me and my sis-in-law got double packs at CVS for 2/5 during an Extrabucks Sale (best way to not spend a lot on Drugstore Brands) and I've been hooked since. I currently possess the Vanilla & Macadamia and Raspberry Rose Kiss, so I'll review these separately in one post.

Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss: Smells strongly of a chocolate chip cookie, but no flavor. The same color as cocoa butter. My absolute favorite.

Raspberry Rose Kiss: Smells like fruity candy, no flavor. A light pink color.

They both aren't overly heavy, but you know they are full of moisture as soon as you put them on. Last a while.

I'd love to get Caramel Kiss next. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by CtJen

I had a reaction some months ago to something I was using on my lips when I had bronchitis. My lips were very dry and dehydrated so I used Carmex and also a new flavor Chapstick called candy cane. My lips actually got swollen and days later peeled in long strips. I kept applying both lip balms and it was making them worse. I started using just Vaselene on my lips until they healed.

Fast forward two months. I had found a the candy cane flavored Chapstick in a pocket of my jacket and used it. I immediately got a stinging, burning feeling on my lips and wiped it off with a tissue. The next day my lips were swollen again and I had little pimple-like eruptions around the rim of my lips. I thought "oh no! not again". I went to Walmart and found this Nivea Lip Butter and read the ingredients and found them all to be natural. I tried it as soon as I got in my car after leaving the store. It felt so incredible, like no other lip balm I've ever tried. It immediately softened my lips but even better, it wasn't greasy or too shiny. It felt like it was being absorbed, which it was. It healed up my peeling, dry and red lips in two days. I love this product and wil never use Chapstick or Carmex ever again. Both contain camphor and it's really worse than using plain Vaselene. I love this Nivea and will NEVER be without it again. I highly recommend it to anyone for lip softening and repair. By the way, I have read other reviews of people that weren't happy with the little tin. I love that tin, and it fits smoothly in my front pocket of my jeans without a big rounded bulge that a tube makes. The lid is so easy to lift off. I've never had any problem and think it's even easier to use than a tube with a snap off cap.