October 22, 2014 | 1473 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by skylalavigne

i like these. there are a small range of beautiful colors. the price is a little high for the actual quality, though... these dry out and lose color after about an hour of wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by ewon8413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Compareable to the Revlon Lip Butters, but personally, these are SO MUCH BETTER.

CONS:
Packaging is nice, but the cap tends to slip off quite frequently.

PROS:
Very moisturizing, but not oil building like the Revlon Lip Butters.
Stronger pigmentation and can be sheered out very flattering or overdone to a bold lip that can be played up nicely.
Slim packaging that looks nice against vanity and is compact (more versatile than the Revlon Lip Butters).
Varied colour range that suits an array of skintones, which I really do enjoy on my porcelain (yellow-based pale skin).
Does not settle into the crack of the lips and really leaves a nice "moist" look on the lips. Makes the lips look as kissable as they can be whenever this is on, so it's a very flattering look.

Good for lip plumping, but the only reason I haven't given this a better grading is simply because products like these don't come into my hand first. I prefer lip stains and clear lip balms. Items like these just never fall into my hand very often anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 7:02:00 AM More reviews by DeeAcq

This lipstick is actually more of a lip balm and it's truly amazing. I have this product in several colours and the moisturising effect is great! The colours aren't exactly bold but they do have give a nice colour to the lip. The only con I would have about this product is that it doesn't last on your lips very long.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

Ahhhh! I love this stuff! There is a large color selection, but I see that I am not the only one who is buying these in my area! I saw a of empty slots for these, but luckily, they had the color I was after. I bought one of these in Lust for Blush, which is a nude pink shade. The packaging is sleek and pretty. On the side, it says whisper in cursive handwriting and the tube is metal. It's a slim-looking twist-up lip product, so it's quite chic. I tried applying a time with lip balm and without. With lip balm, it looks great and my lips are moisturized. Without lip balm...SAME THING. This is more like a pigmented lip balm if anything. The color payoff is pretty good and it made my lips look alive. I think I'll buy some more of these...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by eaorb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased Oh La Lilac. This is a pink colored lipstick that come in a really neat looking and colorful tube. Appearances can be deceiving, though - I was very disappointed with this product. There is *very* little pigmentation, it applies very sheer, and there is no build-ability whatsoever. The color is not vibrant at all, and what little amount of color it offers fades off your lips in literally minutes. I guess in that way the product title is right - you get only a "whisper" of color.

This wasn't what I was expecting. I feel like the packaging of this product is deceitful. The lipstick case is very vibrant (which is what drew me to the display in the first place). The actual tube of lipstick is a nice pink color, but you wouldn't know what color it was supposed to be after it has been applied to the lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Hollie08

I've tried two of this and neither of them showed up at all. I know it's supposed to be a sheer wash, but come on, I expected at least a hint if color. And I think it dried my lips out. Would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by marysmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an okay product. The first day I bought it and put it on I thought it irritated my lips a bit. It even smells a bit like fruit loops aha. I bought the rose of attraction color. It gives a nice light color for me, I don't want anything too bright. After a while of using it, I got used to the smell, but I probably wouldn't buy it again... I have a feeling it contains irritants.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by koolvjs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is okay. I have the shade 25 Lust for Blush which is a bit too light and pink for my skin tone (light olive skin).

First of all, when I apply it, it accentuates the fine lines of my lips which is never a good look, however it does seem to stay on for quite a while (besides eating and drinking) and it feels smooth on the lips.

However, I probably won't be repurchasing as I could probably find another drugstore product that would suit me better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by miyuhanaa

Loved:
This lipstick is one of my favorites. You don't need to use lip gloss over it because it has a good amount of shine to it. My favorite color is "Cherry on top" because it looks good with my skin tone and its a fun bright redish pink color that works for spring and summer. It covers my lips really well especially since my upper lip is naturally tinted darker than my bottom lip. They have gorgeous shades that I can't wait to try.

Disliked:
Depending on the shade, it doesn't color very well. I wore "Pink possibilities" to add a nice light pink color to my lips but my top lip is naturally tinted darker than my bottom lip so this lipstick only colored my bottom lip well. My top lip looked pink but my natural tinted lip would show through especially since the lipstick doesn't last all day.

Overall: Depending on the color, it covers well and lasts for most of the day. It feels smooth on your lips but if you don't wear a lip balm under the lipstick, the lipstick will dry out your lips.

I would repurchase this product in the "Cherry on top" shade because it covered well but not "Pink possibilities"

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by palewinterlegs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I totally love these. I have been looking for exactly this lipstick for what feels like forever. I have three shades - 'Who Wore it Redder' which is a gorgeous pinky red, 'Cherry on Top' which is a bright pink perfect for summer, and 'A Plum Prospect' which is a surprisingly easy-to-wear and flattering purple/fuschia.

These are SO easy to wear - they go on smoothly, are hydrating, and apply just like a sheer lipstick usually does but have great colour payoff (Color Whisper isn't really an appropriate name, as they give much more than a whisper of colour and are quite buildable). I also find they're really long lasting. I've actually had several instances of people complimenting me on my lip colour and asking what I'm wearing HOURS after I've applied it. The colour definitely fades, but it fades to a really pretty stain, so I have no complaints.

They're a little pricey at around $10 CAD, but I've been lucky to find them on sale on a few occasions at around $5 or $6 (at Target). Honestly, though, if I ran out of any of these colours I'd have no hesitation to re-purchase at full price, as they're totally worth it. Quickly becoming a Holy Grail lipstick!