April 23, 2014 | 1953 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by mariselayoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I expected to be disappointed by this product - I mean, it is CoverGirl - but was totally surprised by how much I loved it! I was looking for a higher coverage foundation to wear on nights out or any special occasion. It was in between this and Nars Sheer Glow and I am so glad I saved my money and chose this foundation. First off, the coverage is medium/full depending on how much you put on, but don't let that scare you. It looks surprisingly natural and manages to keep me matte for a majority of the day. Now, this is no miracle worker, as a person with a very oily T-Zone I found I did have to blot myself throughout the day, even with a primer, but I didn't look nearly as much of an oily mess as I do with some other foundations. It covered my slight hyper pigmentation well and had a lovely matte finish. Usually I am weary of matte finishes because they tend to look powdery on my skin, but this one is an exception. And finally, I found the perfect color for my neutral skin. I got this for satin in the shade Warm Beige and I would highly suggest it if you have a similar skin tone to me - an NW25. I found that it did oxidize on my hand and turned a bit orange, but on my face the color was fine. Overall, great foundation if you want to bump up the coverage a bit, but still want to keep it somewhat natural and undetectable.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Synfonia04

I have been a Mac foundation user for 2 years now. I bought this foundation because it was on sale for $5. Haha you just can't beat that price!

I tried it on and it looked flawless and just amazing. With my Mac foundation it would always cake up and I would have to spritz water on my face and rub it in again so it wouldn't cake up.

This stays on all day and looks as if I have nothing on my face. My go to foundation, this is amazing! Must go get it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by jilljones5

I have to admit I was very skeptical about this foundation after reading several reviews that claimed it turned orange over a period of time. But, one day on a limb I decided to just pick it up and try it. Best decision I've made! The coverage this foundation gives me is incomparable to any other drugstore foundation I've tried, it does not have a strong or unpleasant odour to it and it is incredibly long wearing. I have oily skin and by the end of the day my skin is still matte and looking the same as it did when I first applied it. It dries to a powder finish so touch ups are not needed but it is not cakey like some powder finishing foundations. Definitely recommend:)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by DreamCreateInspire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Probably the thing that initially drew me to this product was the packaging. It is just very simple and cute looking. I especially like that it comes with a pump and cap to keep the foundation from getting all over the place. As far as the product itself, it is surprisingly very very good! I used to use Revlon Colorstay and I loved it for the coverage and how long it lasted. One thing I didn't like was the smell. I moved on to try the Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation and I loved it, except it didn't stay on for as long as I wanted it to. Since then I've tried Hourglass Immaculate (hated it, very cakey and no coverage). So I decided to pick this up and I must say I am very impressed. The coverage is amazing. It is full coverage like it claims. And the lasting power is about the same as Revlon colorstay but it is not cakey/mask like and it doesn't smell. So, if you like Revlon colorstay I would say try this, and if you don't like Revlon colorstay, try this. I think it is a very good product.

I am about nc25-30 and I wear nude beige.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by annieherdez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm 41 with very oily T-zone, specially my nose. My pores are so big that my face looks a little bit textured. Said that, this foundation is medium coverage, you can build to a full coverage but if you have very dark spots you'll need a touch of concealer.

My oily skin is slightly dehydrated due to age, so I'm that kind of gal who is prone to skin flaking with oil on top. Yeah, it's not funny. This foundation needs to be applied fast, one section of the face at a time as it sets quickly, I use a stippling brush mostly but if I want more coverage I use a buffing brush. If you use a regular foundation brush you must moisturize very well, if not it will look cakey. With stippling or buffing brush it blends better but if you have dry patches you'll get flakes depending on how dry your skin is. The finish of the foundation after application is very matte and it clogs in the pores making them visible, I use my fingers to blend the big pore section on the sides of my nose.

Due to my age I would like if this would have a more natural finish, this would have been perfect when I was 30 when I had tons of oil all over the skin. Now my cheeks are more normal so this looks dry on them, as time goes by and oil comes through the cheeks look better but the first two hours they look like if I had put so much powder. The oily zones are other story. My nose is very oily so by the first hour I have shine on the sides, the foundation doesn't break though, which is good news but I need to blot as this doesn't control oil on me, I get oily as soon as with any other non-matte foundation, also, the coverage disappears after three or four hours and my nose looks naked so I need to reapply a little bit.

Now my biggest con with this: Color. I'm Hispanic (Mexican who lives in Mexico) and the shades are too pink. I'm very yellow and even if the shades neutralize a little bit of the yellow so I look less sick the difference of tones is evident in certain light. I tested different shades and all of them are pink toned, so if you have medium or dark-medium skin with very yellow undertones it will be hard to find a perfect match, you can get away with some shades but be ready to notice a pink face and a yellow neck under white light or under the sun light. This foundation doesn't oxidize on me and I love the pump.

Is a shame, I can use a heavy moisturize with this so help with the very matte finish but the color is the thing that doesn't make it work for me. I guess this will work great for oily young skin with pink undertones.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by britbratg

Pretty good. Has great staying power. But it starts to dry on your skin as soon as you apply, so I have to work quickly. I have dry skin, and even after applying moisturizer, it'll make my skin look like it's peeling on some places, so I started using my fingers to blend and that's better. Good coverage, a little too matte in my opinion, but still a great foundation. A hint expensive ($10-$11) but probably Long lasting. And I love the pump that you can lock and also the cap to be sure it doesn't spill. Overall pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by ilyxdorkfaceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my goodness. I absolutely adore this foundation. I used to have horrible acne and I now have a lot of acne scars and this stuff hides it completely. Your able to add layers too on problem areas. This stuff does NOT break my skin out at all and I have very acne prone skin. This stuff is amazing seriously. And I do not understand why it has $$ signs. This stuff is super cheap. If you get it at ulta and use the 3.50 off 10 dollar purchase.. it's nothing then! Took me about three different tries to find the perfect color but I did! It DOES have lasting power. It's insane! I have used expensive brands that turn my face into a oil slick and this stuff does not at all! I LOVE IT! This stuff lasts way over 12hrs if need be. love love love! :D When I run out of this stuff and i am too lazy to go to the store I used old foundation and ick, makes me realize how amazing this stuff is. I have been probably using this stuff for 6 months or more. no issues at all! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by ellablue123

This foundation isnt perfect, but its my number one. i Have yet to find a foundation that fits my complexion perfectly and is long lasting.

Pros:
Goes on smoothly, doesn't accentuate dry spots
Medium to high coverage
"Buff" is a great yellow-based color, I am Asian, however it is the ONLY yellow-based color in this line of foundation for fair-medium yellow-toned people like myself!
-Stays dry without getting/feeling greasy

Cons:
-Most of the colors are pink, there are only a couple yellow-based ones, but even those still lean slightly pink GAH!!
-Wears off/rubs off and doesn't last all day/night
-I've heard it oxidizes but i never noticed it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by YumieLee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in LOVE with this foundation. I was never a fan of covergirl foundations or powders...but when I tried this I was absolutely amazed. I bought it from wal mart for about 9 dollars and it's so worth it for the price. I love the packaging-easy, clean, and efficient. The pump is perfect and mess free with easy application.

Coverage: IMPRESSIVE. This foundation covers EVERYTHING. Even with one thin layer of foundation all the imperfections are gone. I look absolutely flawless. My acne marks are completely invisible. It really does have the coverage of a concealer as it claims!
The color: I am an NC30. So I use the color "creamy natural" and it's perfect!
Long-wear: this foundation STAYS PUT. All day. Does not smudge or cake. It's perfect for me! Even with oily skin like mine. I have extremely oily skin and this foundation does not smudge, budge, or cake.

Over-all performance: amazing foundation for its price!! Can't go wrong with this. Has the performance of an expensive foundation. It also has SPF 20 which is definitely a plus! I will absolutely repurchase this. Seriously makes my skin so flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by xo20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Usually I'm a Cover Girl hater, but this is honestly my HG foundation. Perfect for my oily combo skin, and I'm in love with the soft powdery finish - not slick, greasy, or shiny once applied. The consistency is a medium thick cream which I personally like. I apply with a damp beauty blender which I think works very well, giving great coverage without caking too much on. Only advice: beware of the color selection. I was in CVS for 30 minutes debating on colors, no joke. Most cater to pink undertones sadly. I chose 857 Golden Tan which looks very dark and orange in the bottle. Once blended and set with a translucent powder, it matches perfectly with my yellow medium skin. Good luck ladies!