L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

3.6

OCTYLDODECANOL • AQUA / WATER / EAU • TRIMETHYLSILOXYPHENYL DIMETHICONE • ETHYLCELLULOSE • SORBITAN STEARATE • ALCOHOL DENAT. • CETYL ALCOHOL • PHENOXYETHANOL • SUCROSE COCOATE • SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE • HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR • CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • LINALOOL • CITRONELLOL • BENZYL ALCOHOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE May contain: MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77491, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES • CI 17200 / RED 33 • CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 • CI 16035 / RED 40 • CI 15850 / RED 7 • CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 • CI 42090 / BLUE 1

on 8/1/2015 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product is amazing!!! I always hated glosses coz they were sticky and uncomfortable and transferred to everything and were a mess but not this one. This sets on your lips and doesn't transfer on cups, glasses and most food! It feels like a cooling liquid that is totally non sticky and sooo light on the lips!
I have the shade Juliette which is a vibrant orange based red that looks AMAZING on my medium olive NC35 skin. It lasts for 4-6hours depending on what I eat. The gloss wears off but the color stays for long!
I do not have dry lips, and I live in the hot and humid tropics, so I cannot comment if it causes dryness but it is a blessing in our weather for being so light weight and not melting in the heat.
Love!

on 6/29/2015 3:03:00 PM

Love. I use mostly high end makeup, but this stuff is fantastic. Hands down the most comfortable and long lasting lip product I have ever tried. I use #183 Pink Resistance which is a neutral baby pink. As the color sits, it warms up my natural lip color and gives me a sheer, truly MLBB shade. It makes my lips look full and healthy and stays on for hours and hours. Especially love this because I have finally, FINALLY found a light pink that doesn't have mauve or purple undertones. The color does provide a stain on me, but note that I am very very pale. (I tried the lightest shade too, but that one does have a cool undertone, so it was a no-go for me.) I combine this with Laura Geller's waterproof lip liner in buff and it gives me super full, long lasting lips. I have eaten meals with this product on and it is still hanging on when I'm done! Lovely packaging. Can't say enough about this stuff!

I picked one of these up in the shade 186 Berry Persistent, when Target Canada was going out of business. It immediately became my new favourite lip product.
The tube is so pretty and elegant looking, and it is so easy to apply. The colour is very flattering on me, and I've been wearing it frequently. I love the consistency. I have never found a lip gloss that I like because they always feel sticky, but sometimes I would like something a bit glossier or sheerer than a lipstick. This is the only product that I've found that has the good qualities of a gloss without that messiness and stickiness. The formula is thin and it doesn't feel like you're wearing anything on your lips after you've applied it. The only drawback is that, even though it's called a stain, it doesn't really leave one. I took one star off my review for not living up to its name, but it didn't bother me because if you need to reapply after eating, you can easily swipe it back on with no hassle.
I wanted to buy some more colours, but I looked for it in several stores and couldn't find it anymore. I was very disappointed. I think it was probably discontinued, but it is still shown on the L'Oreal web page, so I'm not sure. I like it so much though I might try to order some online.

on 5/17/2015 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I love the packaging of these. It's beautiful, and the leaf-shaped applicator is easy for me to work with and faster to use than a regular doe-foot applicator. That's about where my love for this product ends. It feels watery and tight on the lips. The shades are all very sheer, so the gloss barely shows on me, and it doesn't leave a stain behind on my pigmented lips. They are not scented per se, but they smell and taste of chemicals. I have never tried the YSL version, so I can't compare, but this product was a waste of money for me.

on 1/19/2015 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in 2 shades: 501 Bonnie and 300 Juliet. For the first one there is a separate review on MUA, so this one is solely based on Juliet. I picked it up from the bargain basket next to the L'Oreal stand at my local ds for 50% off. Because of my experience with the aforementioned Bonnie I took a chance and bought this without testing it first. The tube shows that colour to be a reddish pink and that represents it fairly. It actually looks a little more red on the lips (which is surprising, mostly it's the other way round!) but it's most definitely a very dark juicy pink. The trick with these is to apply them thin and evenly and than you don't have to reapply for at least half the day, the combination of the emollient texture and the strong pigmented colour makes it a very long wearing gloss. Once the gloss starts fading the colour will leave a stain on your lips, very beautiful. Too bad it's probably discontinued...

on 12/16/2014 9:09:00 AM

Love this stuff! First time i used it my lips peeled a little because of the drying alcohol in it. But after a week of a good nighttime lip moisturizer and maybe my lips getting used it to, it wears fine. It stays on for 4 hours, longer if i don't eat much. Really no scent after application. Feels very thin, and sets to a soft slick feel. Not tacky. I can kiss DH and nothing gets on him!
I love the colors endless red and infinite fuchsia. I'm very fair and I can wear such bold colors with confidence that they won't bleed or fade badly. Find them on sale and give them a try.

*update 1/15*
This has reached HG status for me. I continually reach for it and Love it. It no longer dries my lips or peels them. It's soft and glossy and doesn't budge. I can reapply over and over and it never balls up or fades like the old stain/balm combo from loreal.
My favorite is Rose on and on. Initially it goes on milky and pink but in 30 seconds it changes to a rosy tint on my mauve pigmented lips. If the wind blows your hair will still attach to it but won't be covered with gloss. Which is great. I hope they keep this a long time.

on 12/12/2014 10:30:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

HORRID! Allergic reaction! Do not buy this if you have sensitive skin or allergic issues.

on 12/7/2014 9:50:00 AM

This is a great lip product unlike any other I've used. It has no discernible scent, has a non-sticky, almost watery texture going on and sets in a few minutes to a soft shine. Unlike some of the other posters, I have found it does leave my lips stained after the shine wears off, which lasts for hours. I am a very fair skinned blonde, and Lilac Ever After was the perfect YLBB shade. Good go-to everyday shade, have already re-purchased. Small complaint - I wish there was a better color selection.

on 11/26/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

For those who say these are dupes of the YSL Glossy Stains, no. Especially not when the original YSL GS line was there.

These are, if anything, maybe, comparable to the YSL Glossy Stain REBEL NUDES line due to their nature of being sheer and packed with shimmer for the most part. There are several shades that have deeper pigment (and these are the darker colors in red, fuschia, etc only.) that may be comparable in color and lasting power.

The texture is not the same at all. For darker colors, perhaps it stains darker. I don't find that these wear the same as my YSL ones.

For a product based off of what the company states it is, yes it is a long wearing stain that is wet and shiny for the first while. Once that wears off, there is a very deep stain that remains (I have 187). I do like it, but for what word of mouth states as a dupe, it is not identical but a cousin.

on 11/16/2014 1:25:00 PM

I was completely suckered in by all the rave reviews these lip stains were getting on YouTube recently, but whether I just happen to have got a faulty one or the reviewers on YouTube were being sponsored to say all those amazing things, my experience with this has been one disappointment after another.

After going through all the shades available, I decided to go for the shade 'Lolita' which is a nude/rosy tone and which seemed like the most natural shade in the selection. I don't like really vivid pinks and reds, which this range seems to be full off, but luckily when you apply it it's quite sheer so you can build it up with a few layers for a bit more impact if desired. Sadly though this is pretty much the only good thing I have to say about it.

This is NOT a lip stain - it lasts a couple of hours (if that) and then just starts to wear off like any other lip gloss/balm does. Although not sticky like lip gloss, the consistency of the one I had was really watery and in truth, a bit slimy too. When applying it I felt like it was just sliding over my lips as opposed to sticking to them, which didn't help with the appeal of it. Finally, after only a couple of weeks of using it, it started to separate inside the tube and take on a really synthetic smell too. I tried shaking the tube and wiggling the wand around to see if that would stir in up, but to no avail. In the end I had to admit defeat and throw it away.

Based on my experiences of this I won't be rushing out to purchase any other shades and certainly won't be recommending it to anyone else either. This cost me 7.99 from Boots but as far as I'm concerned it wasn't worth it - I can definitely think of other lipsticks, balms and glosses that cost this much or less, are much better quality and last much longer too.

Popular Lip Glosses