August 30, 2014 | 1760 users online

Foundations - Revlon - Nearly Naked Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is the best dewy finish foundation at drugstore level I have found. Its not very pigmented but gives a radiant finish and doesn't have shimmery particles which i hate. It lasts well the only drawdown is the fact that it sets slowly so you may want to speed it up by a light dusting of powder. Would be good for drier skins but for the oily, it may slide around a little too much. I find its best used without primer on dry skin. I use it to mix into other foundations that are a little thick and too matte as well. At this price, you may as well give it a go.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by DonnaJazzhands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation comes in a nice range of colors like most Revlon makeup (right?) and I really like that it's a very light silky feeling liquid especially compared to Colorstay...but it doesn't sit right on my skin. Right now my skin is somewhere between dry and oily. Combination skin makes a flawless face harder to accomplish. My makeup gets oily in some places and settles into patches in other spots. Hopefully it's not the case for all liquid foundations for now as I love to try new makeup. But this wasn't a winner.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by almondeyed88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So I bought this foundation when it first came out. It was between this and Covergirl Outlast but I was concerned about the comparisons between Outlast and Colorstay and so I chose Revlon Nearly Naked. The funny thing is that I ended up getting Covergirl Outlast later on and it has become one of my favorite foundations.

On to the review. When I read and watched reviews over this foundation, people kept comparing it to Urban Naked foundation and kept mentioning how natural it looked and how lightweight it was. I will say the only thing similar to the Urban Decay foundation is that it feels lightweight and it's buildable. That's literally it. The Urban Decay foundation is a demi matte foundation that gives a luminous finish to the skin and an almost airbrushed quality to it. It's buildable and extremely lightweight. The Revlon foundation is very generic. I will say its cheaper compared to other drugstore foundations but that's literally the only positive thing I will say. When you put on the first layer, it looks really natural and gives light coverage. But as soon as you start to layer up, I feel it makes you look really made up. I didn't like the color selection either. I wore the shade Caramel, which was the closest to NC45. The shade was close but it was off enough that every time I looked in the mirror I kept thinking the shade was off. It was more red toned than I liked. Even when I used Ben Nye Banana powder to warm the color, I still didnt like it. It makes you look like those ladies who work at department store counters and wear a full coverage foundation. It doesn't look cakey or anything, but it just looks too made up if you try to achieve medium coverage. The oil control sucks as well. It's a satin finish so for someone oily, it will look dewy as soon as you apply.

I just didn't like the foundation and didn't feel like it did anything amazing. Very generic. Didn't make me glowy or look flawless. If you have dry to normal skin you may like it. But don't think this is a dupe for Urban Decay Naked. Naked's oil control isn't the best, but you look super glowy and your skin will look like perfection.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by kuppycakke

I decided to purchase this foundation when it came out, & boy do I regret it. I have normal skin. Sometimes oily nothing too serious. Winter dry. Just depends. Anyway my skin without makeup was completely flawless. I would occasionally get a couple blemishes. Until I started using this foundation. It completely ruined my skin. I have a hand full of acne marks on both of my cheeks. Very dark & embarrassing. My skin is ruined. I've never had an issue with foundations. I've asked my friend as well since she purchased the same one& it left her with the same acne. It took us moths to get rid of the acne. Now we have to deal with the scars. My confidence level has gone down hill. Worst foundation ever, yet it covered so well. Why!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is quite a wonderful foundation. I tried it a year ago when it was all the rage - the color Capuccino fits me perfectly, the most perfect match I have ever gotten at the drugstore. I've been wearing it again this week and I must say that Revlon's foundations are magnificent. I love colorstay for its heaviness (yes, I want that beat face - GO HARD OR GO HOME), I love photo ready for its luminescence and this just fits right in as a good everyday workhorse of a foundation. I can slap this on with a MAC 190, 109 or 185 brush, add some powder and be good for the rest of the day. My skin is extrmemely oily. Lately I've been using this with Benefit Porefessional and it is love. Last all day type love.

I wouldn't say this is sheer or full covereage. It is medium and I am happy about that because per my comment above, I want my skin to look flawless when I've put on makeup. I do have to blot once mid-morning and once in the afternoon but you oily skinned ladies know that is par for the course. I am MAC NW45 for reference. This is a well executed try by Revlon and I will certainly repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by absolutelykatie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation makes me so sad.

I bought my first bottle of it around early January because it was on sale and I had a coupon for it that made it only around $3. I bought it in the lightest shade, which is slightly too pink for my yellow-y skin, but never mind that. This foundation is absolutely GORGEOUS. It gives you a nice dewy, natural finish without being oily and it really just gives a "your skin but better" look to your entire face.

I used this foundation on and off for about six months and I can honestly say that when I would start using it again, I'd start to break out. I've never had issues with acne and can honestly say that I only really get pimples when I forget to take my makeup off at night for several days in a row or when I'm really stressed out.

The pimples that this gave me weren't massively cystic or anything, and I dealt with them for months just because I liked this foundation so much, but it just came to a point where I didn't want to put it on my face anymore because I got so sick of taking my makeup off and not liking how my skin looked without it. For the money, this is a wonderful product that I would highly recommend for girls with dry skin and not much to cover - but if you have sensitive skin, I really would stay clear of this. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by zoohousekey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried so many foundations but keep returning to Colorstay. I saw that Nearly Naked was on sale at Target for $7, so I opted for it instead of replacing Colorstay. It's even better, but I wish it had a pump. I feel like a lot of product is wasted in the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have dry skin and when i swatched this on my hand in the store it felt very lightweight and smooth, so I decided to spend the $26 on it because I needed a new foundation as I can no longer use my BB cream because it was breaking me out. Biggest waste of money. The texture, when put on my dry skin, is clumpy and super hard to blend.. It kind of feels like the actual foundation is watery but the spf in the foundation causes it to be clumpy??? This also emphasized my dry patches, which is a deal-breaker for me. This foundation also smells like greek yoghurt, which bugged the hell out of me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a great foundation!!! i have dry skin, it doesnt get cakey or oily on me. i do use a bit of powder but this dont really need it. the texture is amazing and lightweight feels like nothing, this does make you look natural but better (as said in post below) its good coverage, although i do prefer my usual concealer. i have the shade vanilla and its perfect the price is good but the packaging needs a pump lol...overall very good revlon:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by ewon8413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Hasn't gained my full honour, but this is a lovely product, won't lie.

CLAIMS:
*natural looking skin.

That's about the only claim on this thing. But DOES JUST THAT AND EVEN MORE!

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
*covering texture, application, etc etera.

FEELS: (eh) very nice and almost cooling against the skin. This with a dampen sponge is the best waker-upper for in the morning and really jolts me alive. Even after washing my face! Can get a bit heavy, though.
SMELL: (eh) definitely as a foundation smelling smell to it but no added fragrances, I'm guessing.
TEXTURE: (love) more liquid and less thick than most.
PIGMENTATION: (love) gives me this luminous radiance that isn't dewy or wet but at the same keeps me matte with the medium coverage this offers. Helps hide my under eye circles and redness around the nose.
FINISH: (love) gorgeous luminosity and radiance.

APPLICATION: (eh) doesn't tell you how to use it, but a brush isn't the best.
MY APPLICATION PROCESS:
#1: Dampen a Sponge.
#2: Dab some product with the Sponge.

WEAR OF PRODUCT:

TIME: (love) lasts a VERY LONG time. No joke (10 hours) and without sebum build up (8 hours)
LOOKS: (love) doesn't seep into pores or fine lines.
WEAR: (eh) can rub off onto clothes, but mostly doesn't. Wearing glasses, it does scrap some product off but once it sets, it's set.
REACTION: (eh) if this was perfumed, it would be a delight to use, but since it isn't fragranced, my skin doesn't seem the slightest damaged after using this product.
REMOVAL: (love) it's really easy to cleanse off (oil).

THE PACKAGING:

TRAVEL: (bad) heavy and made of glass.
SPECIFICS: (eh) the bottled foundation is hard to get out without a pump and isn't vanity quality either. It's just overall casual and simple.
VANITY: (eh) get's messy around the cap.

Price is okay, rounding around $11 dollars US.
It's your typical foundation if you want natural luminous skin that isn't too thick or dewy looking. Since it's a foundation, it's heavier, or at least for me, it is, and overall, I really enjoy it.
For makeup: AMAZING.
For skincare: NO WAY.
For dazzling up your vanity?: MAYBE.