November 22, 2014 | 1834 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by yamna1

This is my current fav for wveyday use iam always looking for a lot of seperation and curl and i love the brush on this its perfect. Ive tried mascaras from dior lancome este lauder givenchy benefit toofaced all the way to nyc maybelline revlon loreal etc but i always come back to covergirl because of their great applicators. from highend ive like the lancome doll lashes but wasnt wowed. from benefit i like the theyre real but that applicator is too big and pokey and prickly. yes two out of three times i poke myself in the eye if iam not very careful and patient with it but usually iam applying makeup in a hurry so covergirl clump crusher beats benefit theyre real for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by bubbadog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara. Nice for daytime, long wear and doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by SmokeySings

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I had been looking for a BROWN mascara..not black/brown, not blackened brown, just plain BROWN..Someone suggested one of the CG ones and when I went to the store, I saw they had pictures of 4 of the CG mascaras near the CG display. I was looking for a daytime/everyday/work-place-safe type of mascara..I did not care about length, but wanted some fullness..not crazy-fullness, but SOME...Anyhoo, Clump Crusher looked like it might fit the bill..

Now, in the past, I have been disappointed in CG in general..their products tend to make me break out, have reactions, not last, turn funny colors on me, make my eyes water, you name it..in general I dislike CG products..So it was with some apprehension that I picked this up..(really wish there were more brown mascaras out there..) I must say, it was not bad..in fact, I was pretty pleased with it..It lasted all day, did not flake or smudge, and did not clump, as promised.

However, for me there is very little volume with this. My eyelashes are by no means thin, but this somehow made them look kind of thin..whereas I was actually hoping for a little bit of fullness..It did remove easily, which I was glad.

So all in all it is okay. I would have given it four stars, but really not only is there no fullness, it somehow makes my eyelashes appear thinner. And there to me is no mascara yet that I have tried that is worth 5 stars. Back in the day I would have given the Loreal Voluminous 5 stars, but something about that formula changed and..well, off to review that one, too..lol

All in all, regarding the Clump Crusher...I don't know if I would buy it again..I *will* use it until I find a better brown-mascara, though..so I do not hate it....had it given some volume or fullness, I would purchase it again.....so because MUA requires a buy Again response...I am gonna say..no....doubtful, anyway....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by tworocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it! I have naturally full lashes and this gives me an awesome amount of thickening and lengthening for both day and night looks without being clumpy. I honestly never realized how much of a difference it would make to my overall look to use a mascara that thickens yet doesn't clump up. I also like that it doesn't smudge/give me raccoon eyes throughout the day yet it's easy enough to take off with makeup remover or coconut oil.

All my past mascaras have either only lengthened or given me a lot of clumps along if they had any thickening power, from L'oreal Voluminous to Benefit They're Real to Estee Lauder Double Wear I've never wanted to repurchase a mascara, so I might have just found my holy grail!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by mom2go

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After using this mascara for several months, it grows on me more and more. Pros: A very appealing blackish brown color that looks great with my auburn hair. A super smooth finish that is not "furry" at all and looks natural. Good wear time with minimal smearing or color transfer even at the end of the day. The slightly curved wand works well to quickly and evenly apply the product.

Cons: I hate the huge tube. The trend in mascaras has been toward these monster tubes, although I don't think you're getting more product. They just take up a lot of room in my makeup organizer. Not really a con, but I would consider this more of a work or daytime mascara (as opposed to a glam/night mascara). This won't give you uber lashes, but it will definitely define your lashes well.

I use this most days. Recently I reached for my L'Oreal Voluminous instead, just to see what the difference was. I like the Clump Crusher much better. Voluminous gives my lashes a "furry" appearance that I don't like. Clump Crusher is smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 8:11:00 AM More reviews by cjmathis0821

Love this! This is one of my favorite drugstore mascaras but, I don't use it by its self. I use this over other mascaras if they are looking to clumpy. It separates my lashes with just one coat. I have repurchased and plan to repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by meredithcook1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Awesome!! Works as a eye lash comb so it separates my lashes well and I Like that. I use Another mascara and then apply the lash blast right away when my lashes are still wet, seems to work better then if you let them dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Jennister

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
-REALLY separates your lashes for a natural effect with 1 coat (awesome for short lashes)
-buildable for dramatic effect
-holds a curl pretty well

Cons:
-flakes and smudges after 3 hours (even with WP version)
-waterproof version comes off with water or tears
-bad for people with oily skin or oily eyelids

Overall I would get it again (but not any time soon) because it does separate my lashes very well, but covergirl needs to make the waterproof version cryproof.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

i used to love cover girl mascaras, but now they just don't work for me. this clump crusher mascara is the latest of many fails for me. i found the formula to be dry, flaky, and did nothing for my lashes. it didn't volumize, it didn't lengthen, it didn't define, it didn't even darken my lashes. and to add insult to injury, it left clumps on my lashes, which completely contradicts its name "clump crusher." i tried using this multiple times... on its own, over other mascaras, under other mascaras... nothing worked. i finally gave up and tossed this in the trash and won't ever buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, this mascara is great, however it's not holy grail in my standards. Personally, I prefer mascaras that gives both volume and length and the Clump Crusher gives awesome length. The wet formula mascara is awesome for everyday use or as a first coat for a volumizing mascara which how I use it. The clump-free claims definitely hits the nose as I can put three, even four coats of it without seeing any clumps, however the volume is still not there. After using it for about a month and looking at other reviews (of course on MakeupAlley), my holy grail search ended with the L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black. It gives me everything that I have been looking for in a mascara! Because the Voluminous has a thicker consistency, I sometimes use the Clump Crusher as the first coat and a coat or two of the Voluminous mascara and wow! It gives the illusion of false lashes!