July 28, 2014 | 1706 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Cocoa Butter Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by dazzleglow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this, it leaves my face feeling soft and moisturized. Some scrubs leave my skin feeling really dry, but this doesn't do it. I think it's because of the cocoa butter, I love cocoa butter in skin care and it's the reason I bought this.
I use this once a week or so and it's always amazing on my skin. I would definitely buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by xAlyAlyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying that the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque has been my holy grail for YEARS, since I began suffering from acne at 9 years old. I have yet to be disappointed by this line of products.

My mom bought this years ago for herself and I would secretly use it every now and then. For some reason I didn't want to tell her that I would use it so I never used it consistently.

But since I do like the Mint Julep scrub, I decided to buy this just to see if it was any different and maybe a bit less drying.

I've mentioned in the review for the Mint face scrub that it (mint scrub) has more of a buffing effect versus a traditional scrubbing feel for it. In my opinion, the texture of the Cocoa butter scrub is creamier, BUT the grains seem more traditional.

The grains seem to be a bit bigger and this is more of a regular face scrub than a buffing scrub.

I do have sensitive skin and I avoid using this on my neck because it does leave me feeling raw and irritated. I also use this about once a week, since it is a big too rough for my sensitive skin.

It does leave my skin feeling soft and smooth and it doesn't induce any breakouts which is awesome. But again, this is something I would only use about once a week, midweek.

Would I recommend this? Yes. However, I would caution those of you with sensitive skin to avoid this. I've been using it since the beginning of the year and while I do enjoy it, it will not be a staple in my skincare routine. It will not be a staple only because there are better scrubs out there for myself.

If I went into Sally's and couldn't find the Mint Scrub I would grab this if I absolutely needed a scrub. However, I'm not rushing to repurchase nor will I go out of my way to buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: 10/21/13
I no longer use this, I've tried other things & have come to realize this is quite a mediocre product, it's not bad just nothing great either.
___________________________________________________
This is a really nice scrub for daily use. I don't find it to be harsh on my somewhat sensitive combination dry/normal skin at all so I use it everyday to get rid of any dead skin and to give my skin a second deep-down clean to keep my pores clear. I admit, when I first got this, I wasn't impressed. I thought it almost didn't exfoliate my face well enough as I'm used to harsher scrubs. So I tucked it away for 2 months. My skin was just sick of me a little over a month ago. Harsh scrubs really took a toll on my skin but I have no other choice but to exfoliate my skin daily because my skin doesn't do it well enough on its own. So I decided to try this again, and I must say I really like it now. One thing I wasn't so sure about at first, was that it isn't sulfate free. Typically my skin is quite sensitive to sulfates and I can't use products that contain it on a daily basis or it'll dry out my skin. For some reason, this doesn't do that. It never dries out my skin and my skin seems to tolerate it really well. I believe it could be the cocoa butter in it that probably counteracts it. I love how cheap it is and I'm really excited that it works for me because most drugstore skincare products never do. The reason I only gave it 4 stars is that I do want to try other things, and will only give something 5 stars if I'm done searching because I'm satisfied.
SCENT:
I love the way it smells. Just a classic cocoa butter scent reminiscent of Palmer's products. It's quite artificial smelling but I love the way my face smells after I use this. Typically I'm not a fan of skincare with fragrance added as usually it bothers my skin. This is an exception, my skin doesn't seem to mind it.
TEXTURE:
It's quite thick and creamy for a scrub which I love. It has a luxurious texture. There's a good amount of scrubby bits in this, they aren't non-existent so I was surprised to how gentle this was. This feels so nice on my skin, sometimes I'll leave it on like a mask for a couple minutes before washing it off. It rinses off completely clean with no left over residue regardless of how much I use. Most drugstore cleansers and scrubs leave a weird residue on my skin which I can't stand. It has not once dried my skin out. I don't find it to be super moisturizing but I feel it's somewhat nourishing for a scrub.
WHAT IT DOES FOR MY SKIN:
My skin feels a lot smoother. I started using a different cleanser (Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel) before I started using this again, and I feel this combination has made a huge impact on my skin. It's the perfect compliment to my cleanser. My pores have gotten more clear and I don't really get much acne anymore (just an occasional bump here and there). I feel this is also helping to improve the look of my scarring.
HOW I USE IT:
I will sometimes use it morning and night, depending on my skin. I always apply some oil (coconut oil) before washing my face with anything to give it extra lubrication. Sometimes I even use it with a Buf-Puf but very gently to get a really deep-down scrub especially before my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok wow I got a my skin looks creamy compliment so I think that is evidence of how it got rid of my dull winter skin in one swoop. I was looking parched and dehydrated and this scrub does the trick. It gives your skin life again. I use retin and I had a ton of dry patches and this got rid of them so beautifully. It didn't hurt my skin at all as others have said it's the perfect sand like scrub that leaves your skin so soft and ready for moisturizer or whatever you like to use. It smells so yummy and you get a lot for the price which was so cheap at Sallys. I will be trying out there Honey Oatmeal next but this is an excellent scrub. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great! I wish I had known about it sooner -- I've would've swapped out my trusty St. Ives for this scrub in a heartbeat! I love how fine and even the exfoliating grains are...very similar to sand (as other reviewers have noted). Works like a dream and leaves your face feeling moisturized, not raw and tight. Also a great scrub to use on rough, winter-dry hands; leaves them soft and so much better-looking. I will be using this product as my HG exfoliater from now on!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by habana

This is a great for exfoliating my face, especially when I get dry rough patches in the cold weather. It's not overly harsh like other exfoliators I've tried that leave my face red and raw, and doesn't dry out my skin. I've discovered it works great on my hands that get terribly dry, especially during the cold winter months. I wash my hands with this and they go from rough alligator skin to baby smooth and then I just apply lotion. I even had my son use this to wash his arm after his broken arm was healed and he got the cast taken off. After a few washes with the cocoa butter scrub, all the dead peeling skin on his arm was gone! I will repurchase this when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why these don't come to the front of my brain whenever I run out of facial scrub! I'm bought the cocoa butter and the oatmeal & honey and as of now, using the cocoa butter. I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS STUFF! It has, pretty much, the same texture as philosophy's Microdelivery facial scrub for MORE than half the price! It's like scrubbing your face with wet sand but the scent, as faint as it is, is more pleasant. The plastic bottle contains quite a lot so I know this will last me a good long while, and I use it every morning in the shower. It leaves my skin feeling so fresh! Love this stuff, indeed! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I buy this scrub all the time. I buy the Oatmeal & Honey scent also. I absolutely love them. Other scrubs are either too harsh or too gentle, this one is perfect. It scrubs wonderfully & doesn't leave me all red faced after. I usually order off of amazon & get packs of 3 or 6 at a time. This is the only scrub I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by fychen

I think all Queen Helene's facial scrubs are essentially the same. The difference is the scent. I have this one and the oatmeal and honey one. I like this scent so much better than the honey one. But they both makes my skin feel soft and smooth after using. Just be sure to be gentle when you massage your face. Last thing is the packaging isn't really made to use in the shower because the cap tends to hold water. Other than that, great line of product and very affordable!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by HazyDayz

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very gentle scrub. Perfect for sensitive skin. The smell reminds me of a beachy scent for some reason. You can smell the cocoa butter and almost like a light chocolatey scent. It's not overpowering but does smell. The texture is amazingly smooth. The grains of the scrub are as fine as sand on a beach. They don't scratch your face as you rub it on. It washes off clean with no residue. I use it daily because it is that gentle. It hasn't caused any redness or breakouts for me.