Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

3.8

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I recently tried this foundation and I find it very similar to Dior's Nude Air Serum (except for the price; the Dior retails for $53 in Canada, while the GA is $68). Everything from the consistency, coverage, bottle shape (with the eye dropper), longevity of wear as well as finish was similar between the two.

To give you an idea of my typical application process: I wash my face in the morning and apply the Murad oil control moisturizer and then foundation on top of that with a damp beauty blender. I finish off with a light dusting of the ELF translucent HD powder.

I am quite a fan of the maestro, especially if you have oily skin and are looking for something that has a more natural finish and don't want to continuously look in the mirror and see a grease pan. However I wouldn't not repurchase this product simply because the Dior does exactly the same thing, at a lower price.

NOTE: There seems to be a lot of reviewers that say that flash photography does not agree with this foundation so that's just something to think about before purchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Love is foundation! So natural looking. Warning, if you have any dry spots, then the foundation will highlight. I wear color 5.5 is Luminous Silk but 6.5 in Maestro. Kind of wish the bottle had a pump or some other kind of dispensing method as the little dropper is awkward. I find that I shake it up really well, and then sort of wipe the stick part of the dropper on my face. I'm probably using much more than necessary doing it this way, but I keep doing it. Lol.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

There are times that I am just terribly tired of my foundation routine that i have grown tired of achieving that perfectly refined skintone from applying a foundation. There are days that i wanna see my scars and i wanna be realistic . And i thought that this foundation would be it. Well im still kinda making myself know it and love it. Ive seen countless of women raved about it and ive seen how the tiny drops would refine their whole aura. And i have wanted that to happen to me . Checking the blog swatches, i thought that fhe shade 7 was perfect because I got 6.5 from luminous silk and i thought that was light . But Holy Effin god the color was extremely dark. I only bought it online since we dont have much here in this small town called Mackay but yeah. It was dark like chocolate drink kinda dark. I swear i was flabergasted . It's got a red undertones to it as well. However i love the way it blends on my skin. Like omg it's a dreamy feeling except the color. I would have raved for it more except that it reeks of gasoline . No joke! Ahhh what do chemists do to foundations . Are they like "hey let's make this FOUNDATION A smell like smelly socks just because we can". Seriously please let's make the foundation an avenue of a pleasant experience. A gasoline smell is not a pleasant experience for me haha. But yeah good job GA! I love it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Most expensive, yet the worst, foundation I have ever purchased. It slithers all over my skin when I am trying to blend it, and within a minute has settled into, and highlighted, every pore on my face - not just enlarged ones - every pore. It goes on looking like a good colour match, but settles into pores in little pale dots. It also settles into every crease and line. I had to purchase an expensive primer to go under it- but it has made very little difference to results. Having spent approx $110 NZ dollars on it I am stuck with it until it runs out. I cant even imagine who they had in mind when they created this awful formula.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hate the dropper applicator! I returned this to Nordstrom after a week of use. I came to Nordstrom wanting to buy the luminous silk, but was convinced by the sales associate that I should use the maestro since I am oily. I thought this would be a gem, but I hated it. It looked so weird on my skin. I used my fingers, as the sales associate said I must do for the best look. It didn't cover well for me and felt heavy, even though I used very little. I switched to Luminous Silk foundation and fell in love. Great color matches, but just not for me.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This product is damn expensive, and I have high expectation on this.
I like this product as it gives you natural semi matt look and it will gets healthy-dewy look at the end of the day. However, I don't think it gives you a great coverage, and i use a drops for the whole face rather than dots it directly on my face's sections. I would not repurchase this item as it is very pricey and wanted to try other products and prefer bb creams rather than foundation. hope this helps.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The shade I got matched with is perfect(4)! There are a few reasons why I wouldn't repurchase though. I have oily skin and this does not stay on long enough. It stays for a few hours then it dissapears. That is a big factor for me considering the price. The formula is nice, it looks very natural, almost too natural. I do need some more coverage than this. I thought it was medium but I would say that its sheer/light coverage. It leaves a slightly powdery feeling which is nice but I look so dry if I set it with powder and that is what I need to do for it to stay more than 1 hour. The bottle is beautiful and I love the dropper. I'm glad I didn't pay full price though.

Not a good choice for dry skin in winter

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this foundation. If you don't set it with a powder, it does rub off easily. It provides medium coverage and looks very NATURAL!! It is extremely pricey. The fragrance doesn't bother me. Looks great alone and even better with powder on top of it.

Pros:
- the best real skin texture to coverage foundation; most people can't even tell that you're even wearing foundation (achievement unlocked.)
- blends out easily with clean fingertips or a paddle foundation brush
- broad spectrum of shade ranges
- long lasting

Cons:
- luxury product (hence, the hefty price tag)
- can't depend on this as your spf (use a primer/spf beforehand, non-negotiable)
- it has fragrance
- lots of companies are now developing their own version of serum infused foundation, so this isn't something groundbreaking in 2015 (NARS, Laura Mercier has came up with their own versions), so it's easy to give this one a miss if it's not within your budget

Here's the deal breaker as to why I will absolutely never buy this again:
- I have seen dozens of serums that comes in the dropper form and being a chemist, this type of droppers typically has that weird rubbery smell that I can't stand over time, which kinds of astounds me as to why it wasn't in those click droppers and not squeeze droppers. Tsk.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundation - Tony Moly CC Cream vs. Hera UV BB Mist vs. Armani Maestro vs. Armani Face Fabric by Josephine Chiu

Top Rated Giorgio Armani Products