MAC Rebel Lipstick

4.6

on 5/21/2015 11:21:00 PM

I didnt try this product before I brought it (rookie mistake) I thought it would be much darker than it is. The colour is really hard to describe. It doesn't come out purple at all really on me (I have fair skin), which is what the lipstick looks like at first glance.
It doesn't stay on very well, I have to keep reapplying this lipstick unlike the other MAC lipsticks I own!

on 5/20/2015 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Rebel is a beautiful plummy-purple shade (midtonal cream plum- MAC website). It's great for a vampy, intense look and great for the autumn and winter seasons. However, you can ignore what makeup convention says and wear it in the middle of summer with a pastel dress if that's what floats your boat :D
Rebel has a satin finish, great colour pay off and stains the lips as it fades. It's not drying on the lips at all, I actually find it to be more of a moisturising formula compared to other satin finishes. It would suit all skin tones, depending on how brave you feel wearing such a dark colour. It's a gorgeous lipstick, and definitely one for your collection :)

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is by far my favorite mac lippie. I love heroine as well, but this is a richer color. I feel like this is a go-to in fall and winter. I am an NC-20 with yellow undertones and I think it really works for me.
This color is a bit wild, and very distinct. I have to say this is my signature. I always get praise when I wear it out.
I always prime my lips with this and I think that it helps with staying power. This usually stays on my lips for about 4 hours. I do not find it to be patchy when it wears off!

on 3/28/2015 6:59:00 PM

Thought I was going to love this but I was slightly disappointed. I do like it though, its just not as I expected. The colour looks nice and dark but when you apply it to your lips its actually a lot lighter in my opinion. I think I'll try another shade next time!

on 3/28/2015 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Very approachable, baby vamp color. Good lasting time. Comfortable (doesn't make my lips peely and gross). Great on my skin tone.

on 3/10/2015 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted a lipstick that I could wear in the winter and use to transition into the spring. The Mac sales person recommend this one along with other very pink colors. I tend to steer away from plums and darker colors because I tend to buy them and never wear them.

The color definitely looks darker in the tube than on skin, at least for me it does (I have tan skin), but it is definitely a color you can wear everyday, as I have found myself doing since I purchased it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Great color, I wish it was slightly deeper in color but it is still gorgeous. It is a dark raspberry kind of color but is unique in the sense that it a purple, pink, and red lipstick at the same time depending on the lighting. It can be worn year round in my opinion, perhaps try a brick red or pink lip liner underneath if you want to wear it in the warmer months. Pairs well with Nars dolce vita blush and some plum or rose toned eyeshadow. It is not too drying as long as you wear lipbalm or gloss on top, and although the dark pink purple color does not last long, the deep pink stain left behind is very long lasting, that you would need to scrub it off the lips! Its not too rebellious in my opinion, its easier to pull of than red for me.

on 2/11/2015 12:47:00 AM

My favorite berry lipstick. I don't consider this vampy at all; it's become a staple in my collection. Perfect for everyday fall/winter

on 1/29/2015 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Rebel is gorgeous!!! It's my go to evening lipstick! On me it's a vibrant midtone berry shade. The satin finish is my favourite mac finish. I love that they are completely opaque and look matte without feeling matte. Rebel lasts about 8 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a beautiful vibrant fuschia pink stain behind. I love this lipstick so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

on 1/3/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm a fair, cool-toned NW15 with dark hair. I thought the cool plummy tones of this would work well with my coloring. And yes, after using this, I do think this shade looks great with my coloring (which is a bright winter), and I can see it working well for almost anyone. It's a dark berry. Much darker if you apply it straight from the bullet. I always dabbed it on for a berry stain. But even then, it was just too dark for me. My DH said it made me look older. Bah! And yes, I do have to agree; it looked just a bit too dark for me, even blotted.

I'm giving it 4 lippies because even though it wasn't for me, the color is beautiful. One lippie off for the drying texture (of most MAC lipsticks).

Popular Lipsticks