April 19, 2014 | 1661 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by jadeblu14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a pink based red and you can tell it has a pink base on my lips. I love that it's a little brighter than the classic reds. The other real red lipsticks (not glosses or sheer lipstick) I have are MAC Russian Red, Maybelline Red Revival, and Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Maraschino Cherry. This looks way different and I love it. The only thing I took 1 lippie off for was that my lips kind feel tight when I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by ladonamorena64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

We always hear so much about other reds, like Ruby Woo, Russian Red, etc. You don't hear alot about this beauty. This a beautiful,vivid shade of red that goes on smooth, feels good and looks good on my NW 43. I bought this and also bought Russian Red and Ruby Woo. I was too busy trying to rock those two, and forgot about the Mac Red, which in my opinion is prettier than the Ruby Woo and the Russian Red. Will buy again when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by mspaigie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a satin blue red lipstick. It is just the right amount of brightness but not too neon of a red. I just have to say this lipstick is my FAVORITE RED of all time. It is the perfect creaminess, it stays for ages and doesn't feather too badly. It is not drying at all, like Russian red or ruby woo- which cling to every line and patch on my lips. This lipstick smooths my lips and makes them look perfected! I love the look it gives my lips. It smells like a normal mac lipstick, the typical vanilla scent (which I love). This is my perfect red lip and I will purchase this as long as it is being sold!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color! I got this around late December because I wanted a nice red lipstick for Christmas time. I really did not want a matte lipstick because they have a reputation of bring drying but I wanted staying power. I thought mac's satin formula would be perfect and it is! I sometimes apply a thin layer of lip balm before I apply this but it would be fine if I didn't. This is the classic Marilyn Monroe type red lipstick. The only think is you need a lip liner for this because it can start to look sloppy if you don't use one. I'm aware that many people use mac's cherry liner with this but I don't think lip liner is something worth splurging on. I use jordana's easyliner retractable pencil for lips in Sedona red with this and it matches perfectly and does exactly what I need it to do. It's like $1.99 at Walgreens. Packaging is lovely, classic Mac black and functional. This lipstick looks lovely with mac's bare study on the lid, any brown crease shade and black winged eyeliner(:

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by MrsBaddieBrown

My absolute favorite red from MAC. I walked in MAC one day to restock on must haves and this awesome sales girl tested it on me and I fell in love. My husband hates makeup and I mean hates it despite my obsession but when I have MAC Red on he's all compliments.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

MAC Red is gorgeous! Delicious blue-red goodness with a satin finish. I went through a phase where this was the only red I wore and all my other reds were sad and were getting no love.
Others whom prefer creamy lipsticks will adore this. If you're looking for a red other than the always recommended Ruby Woo or Russian Red because you prefer a creamier lipstick, then this is it. I usually blot it, however, as I prefer mattes. But I don't mind it. I'm slowly starting to accept that not all reds can be matte. ;_;

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a red lipstick lover and my HG red is Russian Red, but I wanted to get a couple more to add to my collection. So, I recently went to the MAC counter to purchase some new red lippies. I tried this one on because I love Satin lipsticks. They apply so smoothly, are fully opaque, very pigmented, last a long time, and have a slight sheen to them, so they don't look too flat on your lips. I immediately fell in love with this color, its gorgeous! I dont understand why this one isn't as talked about as some of the other MAC red lipsticks. It's a vivid, blue red that has a slight pink hue to it. I got the Cherry lip pencil to go with it, and together they look like a Satin version of Ruby Woo. For me that is a good thing, I loved the color of Ruby Woo, but I couldn't handle the dry, Retro Matte finish of it. It's slightly brighter, and pinker than Russian Red. I think I now have a second HG red. I recommend using a lip pencil, and blotting with a tissue. Red lipsticks are a little more high maintenance, but the end result is worth the extra couple minutes it takes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by punkface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is my favourite red lipstick. It's not totally matte, but it's not shimmery. It has a nice slightly glossy finish. It's smooth and opaque. The colour is a very true, bright red.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by caffeinegenie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my holy grail red lipstick. It goes with everything; it flatters my skintone (which is quite reddish); the finish is incredible, lustrous and dewy, the perfect balance between glossy and matte. Even on dry lips, it looks good. I pair it with lip primer and it lasts for hours and hours - no need for liner, although it's an option for those who do not want to reapply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I happen to come across this in my stash having never used it.....along with a few other items. It was love at first sight as soon as I saw it on my lips. Love,love,love!! Since its a satin its not drying on the lips like the matte formula but it isnt super shiny like the creamsheen. I love red lippies against my NC45 skintone so I'm absolutely comfortable wearing this during the day even though its not like my more subtle subdued reds (NARS Cruella for example). I see this shade taking me into fall/winter.