September 23, 2014 | 963 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Star

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by aeternally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I mostly prefer the HE mascaras, they tend to show up better and make my lashes prettier. My favorite brand is Lancome, and I have several times bought Lancome hypnose drama. This time I thought why not try something new? So I bought this mascara... and I am sorry I didn't try it sooner. I ADORE it! It makes my almost straight lashes curled and fanned out! It also made them longer, and blacker than ever! Exactly what I am looking for in a mascara =D
It is way on the road to becoming my...dare I say...HG mascara?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I only go to Lancome for their mascaras.

I'm sad that this isn't getting such great reviews as I'd expect, because I absolutely love it.
It's one of my favourite -- scratch that -- it IS my favourite mascara in my collection.

I do not know what they did to improve it from the other Hypnose mascaras, but it's perfect.
I love how thick and bold it makes my lashes, dark enough to show up in pictures.
I have the sample size of it which is perfect for travelling and storing in the smallest of purses.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

This is a mascara that gives great length, decent volume, and darkens lashes nicely. It looks even better when worn under a primer (Lancome's Cils Booster XL is excellent). Wear time is not as good as other mascaras with some smudging noted under the eyes by the end of the day, even with primer. Still, it's a good mascara that does what it's supposed to, though the price tag is a little steep. It just may not be my first choice mascara if it's humid out or if it's essential that my eye makeup stay flawless.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by IrisFvH

this is my HG mascara.. BUT... it's so so expensive and only buy it when it's on sale for 25% off or something.

The mistake people make with this mascara is that they apply the mascara only with the long side of the brush. this is NOT how you do this!

First use the flat side of the brush one time, and brush the mascara through the lenghts of your lashes until you get the result you want. this makes my long black lashes even longer and not clumpy. I like seperated natural looking lashes.

This is just perfect.. and the package,, just wow <3

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by nailamaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would agree with other users sometimes it works great at other times very clumpy and dry

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by nurfitras

I use contact lenses so I usually put eyedrops to my eyes throughout the day, so a waterproof mascara is a must-have for me.
I've been using the famous The Falsies by Maybelline, but I thought I should give a high-end waterproof product like Lancome a try, so I bought this one.
What I like the most about this mascara is its triangular wand, so I can cover my shorter lashes near my tearduct neatly. But once applied to lashes, the product's consistency is waaay to watery and not quick-drying so it's prone to smudging.
Well, it's waterproof enough for my upper lashes, but not so for my lower lashes because they usually smudges. It also doesn't really hold my curled lashes.

Doesn't worth the *lots of* money I spent. Not gonna repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sometimes, I can get this to work on my lashes, but for the most part, its hit or miss. Its a very wet formula and the brush is very strange. Most of the time it clumps all my lashes together, and since the formula is wet, its hard to un clump them.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to treat myself and buy this mascara full price! Ouch... I don't wear a lot of make up but if there's something I use every single day is mascara. I just love it. This mascara, however, was a let down for me...

Initially I really liked this mascara because it made my lashes look awesome with just one coat. I don't like piling on mascara (or any make up item for that matter). So I found that this gave me really pretty lashes with just one swipe. There was a lot of product on the brush each time, and sometimes I had to wipe some product off which is a waste but I still enjoyed it because I really liked the effect.

This mascara also lasted ages once on and even after vigorous exercise it never let me down. I.e. it faded but not in a ungracefully manner- never gave me racoon eyes or any type of smudging. I got the non waterproof version so the lasting power is remarkable.

However, two or three weeks after it was drying out so badly... It then got really clumpy and I no longer could achieve a nice and smooth effect. Considering it cost me over 20 this is not acceptable.

Overall I liked this mascara very much but only for the first few weeks. It dried out quickly which makes this terrible value for money. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by hannahskm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it... I have now run out of it and need an urgent replacement argh!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Anicca83

Waterproof version - This works for me. I have long lashes and watery eyes and I use eye drops so I need waterproof mascaras. No idea how the standard Hypnose Star is but the waterproof version holds a curl and lasts as promised without smearing or running. The small triangular brush is plush and coats evenly. The lashes don't clump unless you add extra coats before the initial coat has set.

The colour is a true black and the small wand is brilliant for those of us with small eyes. Large bright eye owners may not like the small wand but this is perfect for me. Got this on sale so not bothered by the usually high price tag. Will definitely repurchase.