Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Foundation Spf 15

3.0

Octinoxate (2.9%), Titanium Dioxide (1.6%) Other: Water, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavendar), Glyceryl Oleate, Lecithin, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Alumina, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Talc, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

on 3/31/2015 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Purchased after having tried it in store and matched up with the bronzer and had pot rouge at home so face sorted!
When I tried it at home it didn't look the same at all all patchy and not great! But that's because I used a stippling brush to apply which didn't work as foundation is thick so you need a beefy brush to apply. Used the expert face brush from real techniques to apply and it was 100 times better! My face still looks a little dry though but in store she applied the hydrating face cream first with the built in primer which really gave it a far better look and staying power so I think when I've finished my curret moisturiser I'll get me a pot of that and it'll look fab! Those finding it not right for their skin should really try using a different method of application and you'll see a world of difference!

on 3/10/2015 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

As someone who has quite dry skin I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with this foundation, I got a sample of it not really having high expectations as I can rarely wear foundations with a matte finish but this foundation is the only matte foundation I've come across that doesn't dry my skin out or go all powdery looking and crack after a few hours. It definitely has a full coverage and applies very easily. I'm not sure if it is a guarenteed winner for most people so i defenitly recommend getting a sample of this foundation before buying it! Pros: Full Coverage Very easy to apply Comes in a gorgeous range of colours Matte/Semi-matte finish that doesn't dry out skin Cons: 40 euro is very expensive for a foundation so I'd defenitly get a sample before buying it

on 1/29/2015 3:29:00 PM

I can't believe I wasted £40 on this... the packing is good, but that's all. I thought I had found the perfect shade, it looked great in store. I got home and decided to try it out, and I was really excited. It looked amazing for about 10 minutes, and the. it dried. It almost looked orange, and it was so cakey. They wouldn't let me return it, so it sits in the bottom of my makeup draw.

This foundation is my go to foundation. I have tried other Bobbi Brown foundations in the past and they have not provided near enough coverage. This one is just perfect, it gives me the fuller coverage I want, whilst at the same time being light weight and not heavy on the skin. I feel that it lets my skin breathe. The girls at the Bobbi brown counter have always matched me up perfectly and I wear 'Warm Sand 2.5'. I am quite pale and this foundation does not come out orangey on my skin at all. This foundation is easy to blend and stays put for a long time. However, I have found that if I wear both moisturiser and primer under the foundation it can be slightly oily. Overall I love this foundation and would recommend it to everyone.

on 1/12/2015 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This was my first Bobbi Brown product. I got the shade Honey (for ref im an NC42-43 in mac). The shade was perfect for my skin tone. I use a primer underneath it because the staying power is really poor (why?? Its supposed to be long wear!!) 3 hours after application my T-zone starts to oil like crazy and at the end of the day the whole thing is gone :( The lavender scent doesnt bother me at all although I think thats the culprit why I started breaking out again (boohoo!) Overall I wouldnt buy this product again its too expensive and doesnt live up to its name. Im just gonna finish my bottle and go back to my Revlon Colorstay Foundation. Haha!

on 1/2/2015 11:20:00 AM

I hate this. I got my makeup done at Bobbi brown and this was the foundation the lady (for some heinous reason) chose to use on me. At the end of the makeup session you can choose a makeup item that was used on you for "free", and if I had known what a horrible foundation this is, I most certainly would not have chosen it.

Firstly, why the lavender?!? A foundation should not be sented and lavender oil is not good for your skin, in fact it irritates the crap out of it. Also, the price tag is rediculous for what it is, $95 in New Zealand. I cannot justify that. The foundation itself is the worst part though, it clings to my face like nothing else, emphasising every little hair and pore. It takes a million years to set and even with a finishing spray is still very tacky. It feels so thick on the skin which is such a shame because the colour match is perfect for me and I like the coverage.

I emplore you to try before you buy.

on 11/4/2014 10:54:00 AM

I love Bobbi Brown powders, shadows, etc., and was really excited to try this after it looked beautiful in the store. However, this broke me out with several small pimples that didn't go away for over a week after discontinuing. I couldn't figure out what was causing it and originally thought it was another product, but after discontinuing that product I kept getting more. After I stopped using this, my skin finally started to calm down. It has a really strong fragrance, which to me = chemicals. Sad, because I really had high hopes!

on 10/20/2014 5:06:00 AM

Great foundation!

I buy mine at 4.25 (Natural Tan) as my color is weird, im fair but sometimes look a bit darker than fair people.

I love this foundation BUT BUT BUT there are a few cons! I will list the pros and cons:

Pros:
1. It gives a very nice finish - not too matte or too glossy - since most longwear foundations give you a very matte cakey look, this doesn't

2. The color is the ONLY foundation I have ever found that matches my real color

3. It is Long wear, HOWEVER sometimes my face gets too oily after 3 hours wearing it so I have to dab it with a tissue every now and then

4. SOMETIMES it causes me breakouts, but not the bad types of breakouts and not really sure if its from this foundation

CONS:

1. as mentioned the breakouts (but im not sure if its from this foundation)

2. sometimes my face looks too oily after 3 hours

3. the texture is a bit thick and when put on the face your face becomes a bit stickyish

I would buy this foundation again, ONLY because of the after finish, as it one of those foundations were it is a fair color and doesn't make you look DEAD, it makes you look alive.. BUT I also use other foundations, depends on the occasion..

on 10/10/2014 11:56:00 AM

I was so excited when this foundation came and the shade I bought, Alabaster, was a perfect match for my skin! I had been using Revlon Color Stay foundation for years and because I have yellow undertones, have had to use a shade way too dark for my skin and have been adding white to it. It's a pain in the butt.
So my first day wearing this foundation was a disaster. Yes it matched well, but by 5pm my face was an oily mess. I hate wearing primer, and usually try to get away with just using an oil-free moisturizer gel. I had purchased Shiseido Ibuki moisturizer along with this foundation and decided to wear that underneath....well, hello oil.
Now today I used my Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer with my usual gel moisturizer and so far my skin is oil free. I know a lot of people complain about the smell, but it doesn't bother me and it faded really fast. This foundation has a weird kind of sticky texture to it, but I have had no problems blending it in with my flat-top brush. It blends in well and looks like skin. It's not super heavy and doesn't look cakey. It also covers fairly well, though if you have a lot of blemishes you'd probably need another layer or some good concealer.
I topped it with NYX HD loose powder and it looks great, so far no oil slicks anywhere :)

on 9/28/2014 1:29:00 PM

I really like this foundation, I use it with the rimmel fix and perfect primer, glides on so easily and easy to blend, natural looking but good coverage! Definitely recommend. The only fault I've found is that you have to wait quite some time for it to set, if you put Bronzer on while it's still a bit wet and tacky it goes quite blotchy, which isn't ideal if your in a rush!