October 21, 2014 | 912 users online

Lipstick - Chantecaille - Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by dahlialover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm in LOVE !!

The package describes this product as "extremely comfortable, creamy and long-lasting." Boy, is that right!

The lipstick is matte, but it's not a drying matte like MAC. It is creamy but it lasts long. My lips feel super comfortable wearing this.

The color I got is Narcissia. If you're a fair-skinned blonde and want a pinkish color that gives you just a little oomph without being too bright or obvious, it's the color for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by SurlyTemple

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Chantecaille "Cardamom" is my HG lipstick. The formula is great....creamy and not "tacky" or overly scented.
The packaging is understated, but beautiful.
I have difficult coloring when it comes to lipsticks....I have warm skin with pink undertones and most colors make me look awful.
Cardamom is worth every penny and will be my "go to" color when i want to look super hot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by MizLiz211

Simply put: These lipsticks are fantastic. I usually stay away from creamy formulas as I don't like it when lipsticks smear too much, but too many years of matte ones were drying out my lips horribly. So I decided to try the Chantecailles. I had long admired the colors, but the high price kept me away. I am glad that I finally gave them a chance! They are excellent. I have newly discovered that my best lipstick color is a rose shade, either warm or cool. Chantecaille has some lovely ones: Rose de Mai (cooler medium rose), Rosehip (warm, peachy, deep rose), and Darby Rose (lighter, coral rose). And then there's Azalea, a fun, bright pinkish red. Reader, I now own them all. My lips are no longer dry, and the color stays put - no smearing!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 9:27:00 AM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far I have tried three Chantecaille lipsticks and I do not find them to be any more special than you average Department store lipstick. I must say that they are very smooth and do not chip however one can get the same quality lipstick at better prices. When compared to lipsticks from YSL, Prescriptives or NARS, Chantecaille is definitely an inferior product. Nothing to go crazy about. I would buy from the brand again but it would need to be that I have found a color which is unique to that brand.

They do have very beautiful packaging which accounts for I would estimate about 80% of the price considering the quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by rainsim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got Chantecaille as a gift, and oh my god!! Love, love, love it! I have the driest lips ever, and most lipsticks just dry it out further. Hence why lip balms are littered everywhere I go. Come winter time, it gets even worse. Laura Mercier lip silk helps. And now that I've discovered Chantecaille lipsticks, my dry lips problems are over. No chapping, no cracks, just lovely moisturised lips. Had to hot foot it to the nearest store and buy more colours. I now own four colours within a week of trying it. Even got myself a lovely rosy red lipstick. Never wear red, but this colour was just perfect for me. And miraculously, also stayed put after several cups of coffee, lunch and sticky toffee pudding. Expensive, but since I own so many lipsticks that I don't even wear, this is a great investment. Unfortunately, I think I'm also addicted - and in search of more perfect colours!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 12:10:00 PM More reviews by brooklyntbone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a bad habit: I buy lipstick but then never wear it. Oh, it seems great in the store, but then there's something wrong (strong fragrance, too dry, bleeds, fades, irritates my skin, etc.) and I end up chucking it into my Makeup Locker of Doom, where it goes slowly rancid and unloved. Then the other day I found myself doing something I hadn't done in years: repurchase a lipstick. That was Chantecaille's Galaxy, a sheer plum. I had worn it down to the bottom of the tube and was scraping it out with my nail. I stopped in amazement to ask why, given my dozens of lipsticks, this one was the one I always carried. The answers: only a very subtle fragrance, excellent moisturization (important, since I always have dry lips), gorgeous color not the least bit muddy, doesn't make my sensitive skin react, plus great shiny metal tube with a polished end that doubles as a mirror. Worth the price. I've now got Poppy as well (perfect bright red) and I'm about to get one of the pinks, so that'll be plum, red, and pink, the end of all searching, and I'm going to give all my other lipsticks to my sisters.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by discerningbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the color Raffia. Great neutral. Pigment is fantastic. Hydrating without being slick. I am not a gloss girl. Will buy in more colors. This is my go to color. Looks like the color of my lips, just more so. IMO this makes my lips look plush. No disagreeable taste or smell, can't stand lancome lipsticks for this reason.
I was having problems with chapped lips. Have been using Perricone lip plumper and balm. It was much much improved. It seems after I started using this lipstick exclusively the problem has completely disappeared even when not using the lip treatment diligently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The few Chantecaille lipsticks I've tried are really lovely...texture, colors and vibrance. I like the staying power and feel... but more so I love that there is no taste or fragrance. I hate that in lipsticks. They're not too expensive and when you consider the quality... of the product and the3 classic plain silver sleek case that they are housed in....Chantecaille lipsticks are worth every penny! A little luxury that almost anyone can indulge in.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 10:06:00 PM More reviews by janebkrn

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love all the Chantecaille products I have tried. I will be specific about Soleil, a frosted peach color. Just plain gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2007 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

My favorite is Darby Rose. I have been thru 3 tubes and on my 4th. It is a pinkish coral color and I reach for it almost everyday. Love it.