L'Oreal Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator

3.1

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 4% • TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.6% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: WATER • ISONONYL ISONONANOATE • ISOHEXADECANE • GLYCERIN • ALCOHOL DENAT. • PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE • METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE • CETYL PALMITATE • NYLON-12 • CYCLOHEXASILOXANE • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE • STEARYL ALCOHOL • MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CARPRYLYL GLYCOL • LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE • ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE • DISODIUM EDTA • LINALOOL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • LIMONENE • NIACINAMIDE • TRIETHANOLAMINE • CAFFEINE • TOCOPHERYL ACETATE • ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE • OXOTHIAZOLIDINECARBOXYLIC ACID • BENZYL ALCOHOL • GERANIOL • CELLULOSE ACETATE BUTYRATE • POLYPHOSPHORYLCHOLINE GLYCOL ACRYLATE •CITRAL • AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYDIMETHYL TAURATE • CASTANEA SATIVA (CHESTNUT) SEED EXTRACT • POLYVINYL ALCOHOL • SODIUM CHLORIDE • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • SODIUM HYALURONATE • FRAGRANCE MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES • BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE

on 6/8/2015 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am 55 years old and my skin is oily, but I found this BB cream excellent: it had concealed my pores and wrinkles, and my skin remains with a natural tone and a nice dewy aspect. Furthermore it lasted many hours!

on 5/28/2015 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I loved the look of this bb cream on my skin. It blended really well and gave a nice glow. Sadly it broke me out really badly every time I used it

on 2/27/2015 11:21:00 PM

Ive been using this for a couple of years or so now. I normally buy higher end cosmetics but got a sample of this in the mail and really liked it. It looks really natural and gives you a dewy look. When I first started using it I broke out a little, now it's fine, not even sure it was this product that caused it.

on 2/16/2015 5:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've had this for a few years now, and I think I'm ready to make a change. The smell is great, as well as packaging, and I like what it does for me as a daily moisturizer. However, I don't believe I notice it once it's on - I mainly use it as a base/primer.

on 11/18/2014 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I bought this product in the Light shade and it is a bit too dark for me. However, during summer, when I had a tan it was really great to work with it and it did a pretty good job to even out my skintone.
I have dry skin and i find it a bit greasy so it definitely is not for everyone. It gives the face a sheen therefore I don't recommend it at all to those people who are not into the dewy finish look.

Overall, it is a reasonable product but certainly not for everyone. I wouldn't buy it again just because of the poor colour selection.

on 11/12/2014 1:37:00 PM

I purchased this on a whim when I saw it in the beauty section at my local Marshall's. They usually carry department store beauty counter items at a discount. It's a plus for me because I have a chance to try a luxury brand product without breaking the bank.

Anyway, onto my review. I am not sure what the regular price is for this item, but I picked it up for $5.99. I chose the "Light" shade. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. The scent was fine, not too "perfumey" and not like "clay" (if that makes sense). I used it to moisturize and even out my skin tone. The coverage was great-it covered any redness and made my pores disappear. It was pretty light weight as well and did not suffocate my skin. Although it was a little tacky when I first applied it, I spread it out a little more and it was fine.

The only reason why I said that I wouldn't re-purchase this is because it isn't a product that I would consider to be a must have, at least for me. I have other bb creams that I like just as much, but if I was in a pinch or didn't want to spend an arm and a leg, I would be fine with his.

on 9/30/2014 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

"Light" shade is too dark for my pale neutral skin (can wear NC or NW 15). I also agree with the previous reviewer who mentioned strange gray undertones.

I have dry skin and this BB, which has a thicker texture, doesn't go on particularly smoothly or evenly for me. That said, I can't imagine someone with oilier skin wearing this because it is SHINY. I love dewy, but honestly it's a bit much even for me.

Despite the thicker consistency, the coverage is light. In particular, it doesn't do as good a job covering ruddiness on my cheeks/nose as I would like.

I can imagine this being a really great primer/illuminator under foundation for someone who it's a better color match for. This stuff really does bring the glow.

But if you're pale with dry skin and some redness and looking for an everyday BB, I would recommend the Lumene CC instead, which is HG for me.

on 8/14/2014 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This product really compliments my skin's needs in the sense that I get very dry skin in the winter and this BB Cream is the best moisturising product to apply to my skin! I used it for two years, non-stop but decided to start trying out new face products. I only did this because I was curious to try new things but overall I absolutely love this and it is the only face product I have ever stuck to for such a long period of time, as I tend to get bored easily!

on 8/8/2014 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have only been using this for a couple of days. The application is decent. The shade is not really the best and kind of had a grey under tone to it. But what really surprised me was when I washed it off at night. My skin looked incredible! It was bright, fresh, and moisturized! The next day I put on my favourite foundation and it looked fantastic! I think I am going to keep using it just for the after effect of the illuminator. But as a foundation/coverage BB cream, it is barely decent.

on 8/6/2014 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This might have been a bit oily/shiny for me ten years ago, but now it's perfect as a fresh, glowing alternative to foundation! No breakouts or oil slicks here, just nice warm color and a rested look. Great price. Big tube. spreads easily, and I've seen an overall improvement in my skin. Love it! I wish it came in a wider range of shades.