November 24, 2014 | 990 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Andrmarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product in the Light shade and it is a bit too dark for me. However, during summer, when I had a tan it was really great to work with it and it did a pretty good job to even out my skintone.
I have dry skin and i find it a bit greasy so it definitely is not for everyone. It gives the face a sheen therefore I don't recommend it at all to those people who are not into the dewy finish look.

Overall, it is a reasonable product but certainly not for everyone. I wouldn't buy it again just because of the poor colour selection.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by kelley808

I purchased this on a whim when I saw it in the beauty section at my local Marshall's. They usually carry department store beauty counter items at a discount. It's a plus for me because I have a chance to try a luxury brand product without breaking the bank.

Anyway, onto my review. I am not sure what the regular price is for this item, but I picked it up for $5.99. I chose the "Light" shade. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. The scent was fine, not too "perfumey" and not like "clay" (if that makes sense). I used it to moisturize and even out my skin tone. The coverage was great-it covered any redness and made my pores disappear. It was pretty light weight as well and did not suffocate my skin. Although it was a little tacky when I first applied it, I spread it out a little more and it was fine.

The only reason why I said that I wouldn't re-purchase this is because it isn't a product that I would consider to be a must have, at least for me. I have other bb creams that I like just as much, but if I was in a pinch or didn't want to spend an arm and a leg, I would be fine with his.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by feetjustgo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

"Light" shade is too dark for my pale neutral skin (can wear NC or NW 15). I also agree with the previous reviewer who mentioned strange gray undertones.

I have dry skin and this BB, which has a thicker texture, doesn't go on particularly smoothly or evenly for me. That said, I can't imagine someone with oilier skin wearing this because it is SHINY. I love dewy, but honestly it's a bit much even for me.

Despite the thicker consistency, the coverage is light. In particular, it doesn't do as good a job covering ruddiness on my cheeks/nose as I would like.

I can imagine this being a really great primer/illuminator under foundation for someone who it's a better color match for. This stuff really does bring the glow.

But if you're pale with dry skin and some redness and looking for an everyday BB, I would recommend the Lumene CC instead, which is HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product really compliments my skin's needs in the sense that I get very dry skin in the winter and this BB Cream is the best moisturising product to apply to my skin! I used it for two years, non-stop but decided to start trying out new face products. I only did this because I was curious to try new things but overall I absolutely love this and it is the only face product I have ever stuck to for such a long period of time, as I tend to get bored easily!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by kapaco3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have only been using this for a couple of days. The application is decent. The shade is not really the best and kind of had a grey under tone to it. But what really surprised me was when I washed it off at night. My skin looked incredible! It was bright, fresh, and moisturized! The next day I put on my favourite foundation and it looked fantastic! I think I am going to keep using it just for the after effect of the illuminator. But as a foundation/coverage BB cream, it is barely decent.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by carolmaria

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This might have been a bit oily/shiny for me ten years ago, but now it's perfect as a fresh, glowing alternative to foundation! No breakouts or oil slicks here, just nice warm color and a rested look. Great price. Big tube. spreads easily, and I've seen an overall improvement in my skin. Love it! I wish it came in a wider range of shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by missram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is perfect for my skincare needs and makeup style! I've been using it for over a year and don't plan on switching products. My skin is very dry and sensitive, but not prone to breakouts. My daily makeup routine is this bb cream in 'light', filling in my brows, and mascara, and sometimes I add other products if I'm feeling fancy.
Favourite things about this product:
- dewy finish gives my skin a healthy glow, doesn't dry out my skin
- evens out skin tone and smooths everything out, yet coverage is light sheer
- doesn't have that obvious makeup look; I've had people comment how great I look "bare faced"
- price - it's pricier than I'd like, but way cheaper than the dept. store or sephora brands

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First things first, the Light shade is not light enough for me. My skin is very fair, but I actually have a bit of color from the summer weather. Still, this bb cream is noticeably too dark and gives me an orange cast. As far as the product goes, however, it's very nice. Blends in smoothly, evens out my skin tone, very sheer finish. It does give a dewy finish, but a very subtle one. I actually love the subtlety of the finish and I'm envious of those who can find a color match. This product saves you the time of worrying about a luminizer and doesn't leave you worrying that you might look like a disco ball. It is rather expensive; I got it for about $8.50 and that was at half off. Even so, I'll have to return it because it just doesn't match my skin. Very fair ladies, beware. To all others, I highly recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by CatherineCarnage

My skin loogs good when I apply the product, nice and even skin tone. What kills it for me is the greasy texture: I found it hard to clean it off, and it left a greasy film on my skin causing it to break out. ;( Good product for someone with very dry skin, which is not my case!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

In my quest for the perfect BB cream, this is okay, but not spectacular. Coverage is very light, finish is satin/dewy, texture is thick (which I rather like). The sunscreen is minimal, but mineral-based, so it doesn't irritate my eyes. I'll finish the tube, using it for days where I don't need the full makeup deal or significant sunscreen coverage, but won't be repurchasing.