October 30, 2014 | 1345 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by feetjustgo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

"Light" shade is too dark for my pale neutral skin (can wear NC or NW 15). I also agree with the previous reviewer who mentioned strange gray undertones.

I have dry skin and this BB, which has a thicker texture, doesn't go on particularly smoothly or evenly for me. That said, I can't imagine someone with oilier skin wearing this because it is SHINY. I love dewy, but honestly it's a bit much even for me.

Despite the thicker consistency, the coverage is light. In particular, it doesn't do as good a job covering ruddiness on my cheeks/nose as I would like.

I can imagine this being a really great primer/illuminator under foundation for someone who it's a better color match for. This stuff really does bring the glow.

But if you're pale with dry skin and some redness and looking for an everyday BB, I would recommend the Lumene CC instead, which is HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product really compliments my skin's needs in the sense that I get very dry skin in the winter and this BB Cream is the best moisturising product to apply to my skin! I used it for two years, non-stop but decided to start trying out new face products. I only did this because I was curious to try new things but overall I absolutely love this and it is the only face product I have ever stuck to for such a long period of time, as I tend to get bored easily!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by kapaco3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have only been using this for a couple of days. The application is decent. The shade is not really the best and kind of had a grey under tone to it. But what really surprised me was when I washed it off at night. My skin looked incredible! It was bright, fresh, and moisturized! The next day I put on my favourite foundation and it looked fantastic! I think I am going to keep using it just for the after effect of the illuminator. But as a foundation/coverage BB cream, it is barely decent.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by carolmaria

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This might have been a bit oily/shiny for me ten years ago, but now it's perfect as a fresh, glowing alternative to foundation! No breakouts or oil slicks here, just nice warm color and a rested look. Great price. Big tube. spreads easily, and I've seen an overall improvement in my skin. Love it! I wish it came in a wider range of shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by missram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is perfect for my skincare needs and makeup style! I've been using it for over a year and don't plan on switching products. My skin is very dry and sensitive, but not prone to breakouts. My daily makeup routine is this bb cream in 'light', filling in my brows, and mascara, and sometimes I add other products if I'm feeling fancy.
Favourite things about this product:
- dewy finish gives my skin a healthy glow, doesn't dry out my skin
- evens out skin tone and smooths everything out, yet coverage is light sheer
- doesn't have that obvious makeup look; I've had people comment how great I look "bare faced"
- price - it's pricier than I'd like, but way cheaper than the dept. store or sephora brands

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First things first, the Light shade is not light enough for me. My skin is very fair, but I actually have a bit of color from the summer weather. Still, this bb cream is noticeably too dark and gives me an orange cast. As far as the product goes, however, it's very nice. Blends in smoothly, evens out my skin tone, very sheer finish. It does give a dewy finish, but a very subtle one. I actually love the subtlety of the finish and I'm envious of those who can find a color match. This product saves you the time of worrying about a luminizer and doesn't leave you worrying that you might look like a disco ball. It is rather expensive; I got it for about $8.50 and that was at half off. Even so, I'll have to return it because it just doesn't match my skin. Very fair ladies, beware. To all others, I highly recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by CatherineCarnage

My skin loogs good when I apply the product, nice and even skin tone. What kills it for me is the greasy texture: I found it hard to clean it off, and it left a greasy film on my skin causing it to break out. ;( Good product for someone with very dry skin, which is not my case!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

In my quest for the perfect BB cream, this is okay, but not spectacular. Coverage is very light, finish is satin/dewy, texture is thick (which I rather like). The sunscreen is minimal, but mineral-based, so it doesn't irritate my eyes. I'll finish the tube, using it for days where I don't need the full makeup deal or significant sunscreen coverage, but won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by sexay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this for over 2 months now on a daily basis so I feel I can write a fair review on it. You will love this product if you:

-Have dry skin: This really feels like a heavy moisturizer with a very teeny tiny amount of coverage and a negligible amount of SPF.
-Already have nice skin and don't want the cakey look of a foundation.
-Unhappy with the grey-ish cast of BB creams and want something more skin-like.

I think if you've wanted and tried those "miracle blur" products that are at the drugstores but didn't like the silicone feel or the matte look, you would really like this! It might seem expensive at first but it has well over 2x the amount of most standard foundations/ bb creams so it's not too bad. For reference, I'm NC 25 and wear the shade LIGHT.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by milchtea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This gave my sensitive skin a mild breakout, which a real BB Cream should never, ever do - in fact, it's supposed to treat blemishes instead of just hiding them, but I guess that's not usually true for North American BB creams anyway. I can't substantiate or refute their claims that this makes your tone more even over time (maybe it does), since I can't use it long enough to test that (or else I'd risk a breakout). It hides mild blemishes fairly well, though, and looks very natural.

This oxidizes darker than the application colour, and rather than illuminating, this gave a greyish cast to my tanned skin (and made it darker). I think it's too peachy for my skin tone, while I tend to go for a more golden foundation. It has a dewy finish, which works for my dry skin, but probably not for people with oily skin (unless you set it with powder).

Basically, this might work for you if:
-you don't have sensitive or acne-prone skin
-you have dry skin and/or you like a dewy finish
-you're going for a natural, no-makeup-makeup look and don't have very obvious blemishes to hide (you'll need concealer for that)
-you have more of a peachy undertone