L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've bought this product roughly five times already... It has a sheer finish which I find works well because I can use it in the summer when I'm a little tanner as well as in the winter when I'm pale as a ghost. I use the shade "Fair".

The only thing is that I have a lot of red in my skin tone and it doesn't do very much to deal with that, unfortunately. I've learned to deal with it and since it has good lasting power for the price... But be warned: when I say sheer coverage, I really mean sheer.

(Side note: they sell it in green which, as some reviewers have mentioned blends into an orange-ish color. It does nothing for my redness, rather, making me look like I over-did the bronzer, but it is good at neutralizing lip color for a color-true lipstick. It's light enough that it feels like nothing at all!)

I'd say it's not so much for coverage as it is for making you look more finished and glowing, which isn't a bad thing at all!

I love L'Oreal's BB cream. It gives a very natural looking coverage and is great if you don't like thick but only slight coverage like me. It blurs imperfections more so than covering them, which I don't mind at all. I first put on ponds facial moisturizer, I then let that soak up a bit while I put on my eye shadow. I then put on the BB cream (a little goes a long way) with my fingers and I set it with L'Oreal's compact powder. The result is very natural looking and gives me awesome looking skin plus it does not crease!

I personally love this product. At first, I really hated it. I had the anti-redness and tried to mix it with the medium shade using a brush... this did not work for me and I forgot about it for a while. A little while ago, I picked it back up and applied it by itself (not mixing with the medium shade) and using my fingers. I definitely think it's pretty essential to use your fingers because the product is not the color of your skin when it is first applied, you must use the heat from your fingers in order to transform the shade. Thats where I think it gets a little tricky. I'm not entirely sure, but I like to believe if you rub for too long applying too much heat, the color can become too dark for your skin. Another thing is I would only really use this product when doing a very natural look. Whenever I try to apply a full makeup look using this product (contouring etc.) it always ends up looking patchy, as expected. If you want to go with a full makeup look I highly recommend using a foundation, as you need a very even canvas for the look you want to achieve. This product is definitely for the minimum. The most I would wear with this product is some concealer (not a lot at all though, because it could look cakey), a little bit of bronzer, and a little bit of blush. Definitely don't expect this to be complete coverage. At first, I really did think it was complete coverage but when going outside it is definitely patchy and noticeable. A little bit goes a long way and looks much more natural. Stays on the skin well, still need touch-ups. Still love this product, always my go-to

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a runny product that turns orange once blended. I tried adding sunscreen but it only made it a lighter shade of orange. I threw it out and will stick with my Marcelle BB cream which is inexpensive, hypoallergenic and covers better than any regular foundation I've tried.

This has got to be my favorite BB cream I've ever tried that you can get at the drugstore. Every other BB cream I've tried has made me so oily! First of all, the fair shade was the perfect shade for me. This BB cream definitely has a natural-matte finish and keeps my oily skin at bay. However, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with very dry skin unless you use a heavy moisturizer underneath because it can cling to dry patches occasionally. This product has not broken me out and does not feel heavy on the skin. Also, it gives pretty decent coverage for a BB cream but not full coverage. So glad I tried it!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love, love, love this drugstore BB cream. I am a NC 35 Bobbi Brown 4-4.25. I use about 1/4 of a dime sized amount in Medium. It comes out of the tube white, but once applied it is pigmented with a yellow/golden undertone. It evens me out and adds a tiny bit of warmth. It disappears and looks like bare skin. I have had no breakouts or clogged pores. Keep in mind that this provides no coverage to speak of. What it does provide is a healthy, but not shiny glow. I feel that many DS brands have improved to the degree that I'll never buy high end makeup again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this a few weeks ago because I was out of my aveda tinted moisturizer and wanted to try something new. This is incredibly affordable and a nice product. I like that you can't see it- it's just good skin. I have a few sun spots, very dry skin, some beginner wrinkles (hello, 40). This bb cream works well to blend in the sun spots, doesn't get trapped in the wrinkles, and seems to do no damage to my skin in terms of pore blockage. I bought fair and the color match is pretty good. I may upgrade to another line when I run out of this tube, but it's great stuff for $10.

So awesome! I like to draw on my face with it before I blend it in since the tube it comes out of is kinda like a pen (almost?). It makes my skin look flawless, it gives great coverage and it doesn't shine throughout the day. It blends in wonderfully. I can't say enough, I love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I generally love L'Oreal bases, and like this BB cream. Just like.

The main point against this is it is a shade-adjusting product, meaning it comes out white and the pigments release when you rub it in. I have had a terrible experience with such products in the past, but thankfully the lightest shade, Fair, works well *for me.* However, for anyone who is super fair-skinned, I think you're out of luck, and I'm not sure how the other Light (which I initially swatched in store; WAY too dark for me), Medium and Deep shades fare on darker skins.

Also, this does NOT have SPF (which, IMO, is a must-have for a BB cream), so remember to put on SPF beforehand.

Texture-wise, it has a very dry finish--not matte, per se, but much less dewy than most BBs. On my skin it's fairly good for all seasons, especially since I've found it clings minimally to my fall/winter dry patches. I like to blend it in with my fingers, then buff in with a dry brush if necessary. It has good light coverage, and since I usually require spot-concealing, I haven't had a problem with concealer blending in over top.

I LOOOVE the packaging--anything that comes in a squeeze tube is wonderful, AND this tube has a fine tip so you can be very precise in how much product you want, with no mess involved. The only downside is the tube is completely opaque, so you can't visually tell how much product is left.

Overall: If you're interested, buy this somewhere with a good return policy (that is, if they don't allow swatches) since your shade may not be a great match, and/or keep an eye out for coupons and sales (frequent with L'Oreal)! I won't be repurchasing only because there are other BB creams I want to try; plus, shade-adjusting bases, as I've found, are really hit-or-miss.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Wow I am pretty much on my own with this one. It does run dark. First, I bought light because I am NC20-NC25. It was way orange so I exchanged it for fair. It's perfect. It covers my imperfections very well and makes my pores almost invisible. It's very matte on me. I see NO shimmer. Blends quickly and easily. I go over it with pur minerals and my skin looks better than it ever has! Actually fuller coverage than I initially wanted but now I'm in love.