August 27, 2014 | 1810 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by qnyx67

This review is for the anti-redness BB cream in this line. I had high hopes for this product as I have broken blood vessels on my inner cheeks, near my nose that I'm self conscious about. I was hoping this alone or paired with foundation would reduce their appearance. The product comes in a tube and comes out of the tube green but is supposed to transform to a "universal shade" once you work it into the skin. This product did diminish the redness BUT it made me look like I was wearing a self tanner. It was quite yellow and at least a shade darker than my skin. So much for a "universal shade"! I did try covering it with my powered foundation but it looked way too yellow for me and it was impossible to blend it well enough to not see a line of demarcation along my jaw line. I'm sure this product will be useful for those women with medium to darker skin tones but I'm doubtful anyone with fair skin can make a go of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by midwestgrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this product for about a year now and just recently switched in favor of a full-coverage foundation. I'll keep this around for light coverage/casual wear or throw it in a travel bag for a pinch (the tube makes it a good traveler), but I like my full coverage for everyday wear now.

This product is a little odd - comes out of the tube looking more like a face scrub (complete with granules) than a foundation or BB cream. It also has a gray cast to it, and goes on looking white, almost like a mask! It quickly changes to an appropriate color, however. The granules also dissolve but it does feel a little gritty on your face and I'm guessing that could be irritating or just unpleasant for some.

The lightest shade available is a decent match for me, but since it is very light coverage that is less of an issue than it would be otherwise. I find that a tube lasts a fairly long time, and I always use coupons/ExtraBucks to purchase this so the price is fair in my opinion. I didn't have any issues with this breaking me out or causing problems.

In summation I would use this again if I ran out of my HG foundation (Armani Luminous Silk liquid in shade 3) or if I was running to the store or something, but I won't rely on it as a must-have anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by 13jhlee

I have a lot of acne scars and a couple acne here and there. this product blends easily and has medium/light coverage, i just put a second layer on where my acne scars are for a bit more coverage. it is not cakey at all and very natural looking. i bought this twice but have started thinking maybe this cream is why i break out. i only wear this once in awhile, when im going out but it is really natural and kind of a dewy finish. recommend setting with a great matte powder. its a bit on the pricey side but totally worth it if you're like me and only need this once in awhile

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by TropicEssence

I was surprised at the negative reviews on this product! I bought this because it says that it: Primes, Hydrates, and Corrects. I am not usually a fan of BB Creams because they tend to be too light of a coverage for me. I bought this in the shade Light , and it is pretty dark (orange on my neutral skin tone) for me. However, if I apply this with my fingers all over my face and a little down my neck, I hardly have to conceal any 'spots' that I have. I get red spots and dark spots on my face and I normally have to conceal a bunch before I apply my foundation. So what I do is I apply this on my face, apply concealer over the problem areas that still show through, and put my regular foundation on over this. ! It sounds like it would make a face look cakey, but it does NOT ! It makes my foundation look like part of my skin and I've gotten tons of compliments. Before using this product under my foundation, my Foundation didn't look natural or like it matched very well. I love this as a primer and it works very well at coverage and staying put all day. When I repurchase, I will repurchase in Very Light instead of Light(:

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by elisasoares

I bought this product 2 years ago. I have a light-medium skin tone, so i though that the color light would be good. But I was wrong, it turns on too orange and dark on my skin. I like the texture, but i cannot use this product without blending previously with moisturizer. I cannot really know and say to you guys if this is a good product or if it covers up, but i don't know if even i had chosen the fair color, i would like.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unpleasant and off putting-- it goes on a grainy, greasy, gray drip and turns into a marginally acceptable foundation. The "Medium" color turns too peachy for my pale olive skin unless I blend quickly and thoroughly. It also separates in the tube over a short time- 3 weeks so I have to remember to shake it up so it doesn't dispense a watery drip. Very disappointing, wish I could find my receipt.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by kicko719

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very meh product for me. First of all, the color selection is horrible and I find that it usually doesn't color match my skin. In fact it, it's consistently too dark for my skin when I first put it on and is a little on the orange side. However, I find that I like the color more and more as the day goes on, so I don't know if it needs time to adjust, or if I just get used to it. Next, there is basically no coverage--even for a BB cream. Traditional Asian BB Cream were supposed to be higher coverage than a tinted moisturizer, but with a dewier effect than a foundation. This has comparable, or even less coverage than most tinted moisturizes I've used. However, I will say that I quite like finish of the BB cream for casual use, but I tend to like a dewier finish and have normal to dry skin. Overall I'm torn with this product. It does have some positive points to it, but overall the negatives just don't make repurchasing with it. So basically, I'll probably continue to use it for the rest of the summer and try to get as much use of it as I can, but I won't repurchase the product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by snaket0ngue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

What I loved: The packaging. That's about it. It comes in an easy to dispense tube that gives you good control over the amount of product you want out.

What I hated: Pretty much everything. I found that this had no coverage WHATSOEVER. It was literally like putting on a regular moisturizer. Also, it was really jam-packed with a ton of glitter that just made the face look unnatural. It didn't really look like shimmer, just like glitter particles stuck to the face. The texture was really gritty, almost like an exfoliator.

I'm not sure if maybe my bottle was faulty, because others have claimed that this provides god coverage with a natural finish, but the product that I tried was absolutely horrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by aperilpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first and only BB cream i've tried (so far). I never thought of using a BB cream before because I suffer from oily skin and have a few acne scars from my teenage years.. but I figured it was worth a shot to try it, especially for the days when i'm running errands and just need light coverage. According to some YouTubers i watch, they said this particular one worked well for oily skin. I can't necessarily say this keeps me matte all day, but a primer and setting powder will get the job done. This isn't a product I would recommend to use if you're going to be out all day long at work, at a party, or going out to the club because the staying power isn't really there. I wish they'd make a wider selection of colors (i believe they only have 3 shades available). Other than that, i'd recommend this product if you have oily skin and just need a quick fix!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by princessyayu

This product is pretty pricey for a drugstore beauty item. I don't think I'd purchase it again because it does make my skin really oily, even with powder. However, for a BB cream, it covers quite well and the skin-matching factor is pretty cool as it matches pretty well. But no, I wouldn't choose to repurchase it because although it starts off pretty matte, I turn into a grease ball after only a couple hours.