L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 4/24/2015 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product feels like such a gimmick, from the pigment beads to the advertising...just everything about it. I wouldn't care if the BB cream was actually good, but it isn't. It provides very, very sheer coverage and has no staying power. This is like the kind of product you give to your five year old when they really want to wear foundation and you really want them not to.

on 4/17/2015 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was looking for something I can use every day instead of the tired old foundation routine. I chose this one and it’s pretty great. I chose the shade medium and I apply it with my fingers. It evens out your skin tone quite nicely however, if I want a “flawless” look I do go over some areas with concealer. It feels nice on the skin it almost feels like I’m just wearing a moisturizer. It claims to prime, perfect, hydrate, and correct. It does all with the exception of prime because I get extremely oily even if I set it with powder. Although I get oily it does not rub off or become patchy so that's a good thing. Overall it’s a great product and I will repurchase until I can find one that will not allow me to get so oily. I would definitely recommend to those with normal or dry skin!!

on 4/4/2015 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

*ive used this for about a week so I will update later how this holds up* So after trying the Maybelline Dream Pure BB and breaking out, I decided to try L'oreal's BB cream as it was non-comedogenic. I have very oily (but dehydrated) clog-prone skin. This was $10 at Rite Aid. Originally I picked the light shade but it was so ORANGE! I then exchanged it for the fair shade and that matches me perfectly! The BB cream squeezes out of the tube a grey-purple color, but then adjusts to the skin color. Right after applying, this looks fantastic! It smooths me out and blurs my pores. It sticks a bit to my dry patches on my nose, but I'm sure I'm the only one who notices. I top it off with powder on my t-zone. However after like 3-4 hours of wear, this starts to wear away and bring some attention to my pores, especially on my forehead and cheeks. It also starts to cake between my eyebrows. It's nothing too severe or noticeable tho. The shine control is okay- I'm not insanely shiny or matte. Idk if I'd repurchase, but this is definitely better than some of the other BB creams I've tried!

on 3/29/2015 2:34:00 AM

First, let me start by commenting on the sheer stupidity of the beads in this product. They are a total gimmick and add literally no value to it at all -- why not just have the product show its end color to begin with? Other than that, I like the color (I use fair), and the coverage. It blends nicely (probably because you have to break the beads up), but I wish it had spf and was cruelty-free.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I don't even know how to best describe this stuff other than to say that I wish that I discovered it sooner rather than later. I picked up the shade deep and for super cheap at Target ( it was on sale for $2.88 ). At first I was a little put off by the fact that what came out the tube was not too pleasing to the eyes. Purplish colored cream with these beads that resemble dirt IMO. Once applied on my skin the product just disappeared on my skin. At first I thought "what a joke" but upon closer inspection I did see a slight change in my skin texture and tone....tone more so than anything. My NC45 skintone looked even and bright....not an ashy bright. I used my Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in dim light to kind of set in my t-zone area and it still looked great. After a day of wear I experienced zero oxidizing and I only needed to blot once...but that is a common step for me regardless of what I use so that was no surprise. Its only negative that I can think of is that it does not contain SPF. I don't see myself using this during the summer months when the sun is out in full-force. It did an awesome job at minimizing my pores as well in my t-zone area. I will most definitely repurchase this product and I hope Loreal doesn't discontinue it.

on 2/26/2015 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this in Fair because the Dream Fresh I've been using was so matte, I was hoping for something that would give a little more dewy effect on my less elastic skin. This was not the product to do that. It actually did give me a flattering effect, it just wasn't the makeup effect I was going for. This product has antioxidant beads that feel kind of like sand as you're applying the makeup. It takes about a minute for your body heat to melt the beads. During that minute, you could pass for an extra on The Walking Dead. After the beads melt it looks much better. It's a soft focus effect, very matte and a little more cool than what looks most natural on me. My skin looked translucent and pale, like an evening primrose petal. If I were still in my alternative days I would have finished off that look with a dark red lip and black eyeliner. Being that I'm no longer going for that effect, it's not quite what I had in mind. I won't buy the Fair again, but I might give the Anti-Fatigue version a tryout.

on 2/23/2015 7:18:00 AM

I bought this in the shade medium, to use it primarily as a (primer for my) bronzer. My skin is fair, so this works wonders as a base and for that purpose, this product is amazing! I don't know if I would use this as it was intended - as a BB cream, all over my face. I think even the lightest shade would be too dark for me. However, if you do find the color to be a bit off, I would suggest using it as mentioned.
It blends like a dream, doesn't look cakey, it has a beautiful light texture but is also sufficiently pigmented, and you can easily build it up. I usually top it off with my Mac bronzer in Gold (matte) and it looks so natural, I am completely blown off. I would also use it on a small blending brush to contour my nose and give some dimension to me eyelids. I love it for that and I would definitely repurchase.

on 2/10/2015 2:20:00 AM

My mother always taught me when I was young to not wear drug store makeup (i used to wear that awful cover girl makeup that made me breakout as a young teenager) So i was a little hesitant on giving this a try. I figured since I had never used BB cream before that instead of going and spending $40+ dollars on one from sephora that I would try a cheap one to see if i even liked the concept. This BB cream will freak you out a little bit when you first try it, it comes out white and has little beads that break open to blend the colour out. I have a lot of blemished but i find when I use this and some concealer my skin looks better then when I put a bunch of liquid makeup on. I have been using this for 2+ years now and have no desire to try a expensive brand. I use Chanel foundation when I am going out and this for my daily routine. If you are looking for something to cover up imperfections this is not for you it is not a foundation at all, it really just gives your skin some colour. As for the packaging I wish this came with a pump I always end up squirting out more then I need.

on 2/8/2015 12:31:00 PM

I've been using this stuff for a year and can't get enough of it. I use it as my liquid foundation and then put powder on top of it. When you squeeze it out don't be concerned that it's white because when placed on your skin it changes colour. With my combination skin it makes my face look flawless. I would recommend this to everyone.

on 2/7/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have never in my life ever returned a makup product to the store before. I purchased this in light and on my NC20 skin it appeared very orange. I shook it and tested it and always orange. I thought, hey maybe I can use it as a bronzer but then it just looked too orange! Rite Aid gave me my money back.