NARS Exhibit A

4.6

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Love this blush! It looks scary in the pan but on my skin adds a subtle flush of color. I think this is a must-have for WOC. Be very light handed or it will look clownish. This is pricey but I imagine it will last you a very long time because you only have to use so little. I took off one lippie for packaging since my blush compact cracked and is in 2 pieces (lid, pan)...I bought this for $28 a few years ago but the price is $30 now. I added a swatch on my nw47/nc55 ish skin tone for reference.

This is such a pretty blush. I haven't read all of the other reviews but I'm sure they have all said to use a light hand which is obvious from just looking at the product. What is so surprising about this blush is how really natural it looks and how it brightens. I love it and would buy it again. I am fair and blue eyed but I'm sure it would look amazing on those with dark skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's hard finding blushes that look good on darker skinned ladies but this one is PERFECT! Goes on silky, lasts forever and gives that perfect flushed look.

Before reading this review, I suggest you put on Carlos Santana's "Smooth," because this scarlet blush is my Spanish Harlem Mona Lisa. And it's just like the ocean under the moon, but I'll tell you one thing, if I lost this or ran out it would be a crying shame--and I'd go and repurchase it immediately!

One of my favorite makeup looks in the winter is reminiscent of a porcelain doll: flawless matte skin, thick lashes, and healthy flushed cheeks. I'd previously been using Milani Bella Rosa, but the pink was becoming too pink and I wanted to try something new. I skipped over MAC Frankly Scarlet (which honestly might have been a fantastic shade as well) because MAC formulas tend to go patchy on me very quickly. I was immediately drawn over to NARS as I own Liberté and it lasts for hours on my skin.

Exhibit A is exalted as a natural-looking blush when used with a light hand. On my light olive NC20-25 skin, it is really pretty because it matches very closely to my natural redness (both from hyperpigmentation and after I exercise or am embarrassed, which happens entirely too often for my liking). Unfortunately, when I first purchased it, I got a little too blush-happy and walked around with scarlet cheeks for the rest of the day. Bad case of rosacea? Check. Long-lasting blush formula? Double check!

This did come a little more tightly-packed than I remember Liberté being, but I figured it was just a filmy top layer. One swipe with a paper napkin solves this problem, and the texture is now super soft and creamy.

I apply this with my Real Techniques blush brush as the domed shape allows for sheerer application of pigmented products. I tap the brush once into the pan, apply and blend, and add more as needed. Less is definitely more with this product (I learned that the hard way). I also like to add just a wee bit to my nose to give the "in from the cold" effect. It can give you both a sweet look with rosy cheeks as well as an exotic tanned glow. This is also really nice in the summer to bring more warmth to bronzed, glowy skin, and makes a nice complement to warm red lipstick. Exhibit A even works amazingly well as an eyeshadow--I love to blend this pretty heavily into the crease, pack a gold on the lid and a dark brown on the outer corner with heavy winged liner for a traditional Arab look.

I own a fair few blushes--about nine or ten in total--but this is one of the ones I reach for the most. It's easy on a day-to-day basis, especially if I've got nothing crazy going on with my eyes or if I forgo bronzer. It really just has a great brightening effect on the face and this compact will probably last me FOREVER if all I do is tap once for each cheek.

If you haven't already, PLEASE go and try my versatile little muñequita. (Because she's so smooth.)

$30 USD. On my MAC NC20/C2 skin, the tiniest dab of the blush creates a flushed, just-ran-for-an-hour look. The color is orange-toned, intense red in the pan but creates a just-right, natural flush on the cheeks. I think its lipstick equivalent is NARS Heat Wave. I've worn it with nude lips (just lip balm) and stains, and it looks very natural for weekend. But, it takes time to correctly apply the blush and blend, so make sure you have plenty of time and not in a rush when putting it on. I do have a dedicated blush brush for it that I keep in original wrap and separated from other brushes. The first couple of times I used it, I realized the brush still had too much product from prior use (even though I barely touch the brush to the pan), so I wash the brush after every use. Also, a kabuki brush really helps to blend (I use a cheap ELF one that I use only with this brush - so, really, you need TWO brushes!).

Instant freshness!

This is an amazing blush, used with a very light hand. I find that exciting too, this "balancing on the edge" or "playing with fire" the application of this blush turns into. Just a bit too much looks waaaaaay too much! Just a little, tiny touch of the brush and whoa: you turn into this fresh-faced, 9-hours sleeping milkmaid (or sunlit sea siren, depending if I am tanned or not).

I see no reason to buy a different blush ever. And I don't know when I will be buying the same one either, since I've had it forever and I am still not even close to needing a new one, with daily application. It will last you ages.

Okay, so I was really excited to try this because everyone on makeupalley was ranting about it. I have fair skin naturally but I am tan. I've usually stuck with my corals so I was pretty excited about a change. While the pigment is great, and the lasting power is okay, it's a hard color to work with. I have no idea what lip color you could pull off while wearing this. And you cannot under any circumstances use your normal blush brush, you need a designated brush for this blush. I legitimately had to take a brush barely touch the blush with it and then I had to rub the brush on a towel (three swipes on towel) to get the desired "flush look" if you don't do this, you'll look clowny. Unfortunately, I will be returning this. (Plus it has parabens)

I love finding hype products on makeup alley and buying them. They usually turn out pretty good and this one is no exception.
The girl at Sephora didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for this one and her eyes widened when she saw the shocking colour. I wanted to try it on first and told her to be very light-handed. She'd never used it before so wasn't as light-handed as she should have been and I wound up with very rosy checks. Nonetheless it didn't look hideous so I bought it.
I apply it extremely sparingly and use it often. I know it's going to last my lifetime at this rate. I'm fair but it does what everyone said it would. Gives you that healthy exercise look, which is awesome for me as I do tend to look "tired" and "wash-out" easily.
Thank-you makeup alley!

Most amazing blush ever! Looks crazy in the pan but amazing on the skin, unbelievable looking, but don't use too much!! I would recommend a fan brush so it doesn't apply too much product but all I can say is I cannot believe I did not try this earlier.!!

as the other reviews say - a little goes a long way! I'm quite fair and at first would never have imagined this would look suited, but when carefully applied is the same look as when I've been for a run I.e very natural flush. comes in a strong compact with a mirror. the outer surface of the compact easily shows marks from powders and foundations so try not to touch with other makeup on your hands as its very porous and doesn't wipe off easily. exhibit A compliments warm earthy eye shadows and warm lipsticks. wouldn't generally mix with blue toned eye makeup but with make up anything is possible, and even if its all you wear will give a nice rosy glow without overloading the skin. I imagine a wide range of skin tones can use this colour.

Top Rated NARS Products