Sephora Microsmooth Foundation Powder

4.4

Mica, Talc, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Dimethicone, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isohexadecane, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbitan Stearate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Lauroyl Lysine, Coral Powder, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 80, Hexylene Glycol, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Nylon-12, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Oleate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopherol

on 2/17/2015 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I would definitely buy this again!! Although it is a little expensive for me at around 23 bucks to make as a must-have product, there is a lot of makeup packed into that little compact and it doesn't come with a useless buff. It would be nice if the packaging was nicer looking and less delicate, but the powder itself is great. It's lasted me a really long time and goes on smoothly, looks natural, and leaves me with a nice, matte finish. Overall, a very satisfying purchase :)

on 2/2/2015 4:44:00 PM

Although I like the consistency, this powder caused MAJOR flashback in flash photos. Like I'm talking the worst flashback I've ever seen. Will be returning

on 2/1/2015 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I normally use indie mineral powder makeup - inquisitive Siamese in Meow mixed with Light from Noella Beauty Works. Noella hasn't been open in a long time and I wanted a solid product to travel with so after seeing the reviews here decided it was worth $22 to see what these reviews were about.

LO AND BEHOLD my new go-to. I've been wearing daily for a week. The color match is almost as good as Inquisitive Siamese - I am N15 in the winter, N18 in summer but get away with NW15 in winter, and 15 Nude matched my face perfectly (but 10 matched my annoyingly pale neck so I may go back and get it so I can custom blend on my face).

The powder is SO soft, odorless, and settled to a beautiful, natural finish, way more natural than BE original ever was in me. I have had a slight amount of irritation along my jawline, since I blend this down into my neck, but I normally don't put any MU there and it doesn't last long, just occasionally a little itchy for a few min. The powder does kick up and float around and the dome shape enables it to fall into the edges of the compact but I don't care, I just chase my brush after it. I am using it with Sephora's #45 or pro flawless airbrush #56 and it buffs on nicely. TRY IT!

on 1/26/2015 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

omg!! holy grail!! I have tried SO many powdered foundations and this one is hands down, the BEST. It doesn't oxodize, stays on pretty well on my oily skin, and has great coverage.It looks a bit "powdery" at first but it's a powdered foundation, and it looks great after it has a few hours to setlle into your skin. I highly recommend trying it. I used studio fix powder for years and this is much better. The price is good to for the amount of product you get. My only complaint is that they need more color selections.

on 1/12/2015 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Finally! A decent, non-oxidizing, natural looking foundation powder!!!

The Sephora make-up artist offered to brush some on me in the store. She used a kabuki brush and really buffed the powder into my skin hard, way harder than I ever would. About 3 layers later, I looked in the mirror. My face looked great; even in colour and translucent enough that some of my minor flaws/freckles still showed through. I actually prefer this kind of "see-through" finish. It's natural, and I don't look like I'm hiding behind a thick mask of makeup. I could see the contours of my checkbones shining though, so I felt like I had some dimension. I was not matte-flat, as they say. It lasts pretty good, does NOT turn orange-y (YESSSSSS) and acts as a good base for eye makeup too.

I'm not a fan of the packaging, however. A mirror would be greatly appreciated. The packaging looks very cheap. But I can live with that, because it's really about the powder.

If you see my other reviews, you'll notice that this is the only review of foundation powder that I've given positive feedback on. I've wasted waaaaaaay too much money on compact powders and haven't been really satisfied with the lot of the them. This powder is good though. Thanks, MakeupAlley reviewers, I wouldn't have tried this powder without reading your awesome reviews on it first!

on 11/29/2014 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was in the market for a new powder foundation as my PF solar powder in translucent is nowhere to be found anymore. So thanks for the reviews ladies. I'm really liking this over bb cream . I use it to even out my skin---I prefer two light layers rather than one heavy layer. My skin looks so even and soft--this is really great! It covers some discolorations, pigmentation, acne marks and does so without being visible and mask-like. Hurray for a great powder!! And it doesn't contain bismuth or chemical sunscreens.

My only qualm with this one is the colors. I'm an NW 20 so I bought the shade that is second lightest. It's about a quarter shade too light and leans toward the yellow tones. But it seems to brighten my face and I use bronzer so I'm hoping this will work. I wish they had some cooler tones in the light shades.

I've tried many powders and powder foundations. I've always liked baked products and this powder is the reason why. Good price, no bells or whistles compact. Works for me --hope it works for you too!

on 11/17/2014 2:54:00 PM

This is very similar to MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish powder (as you may have gathered given the other reviews lol). The MAC broke me out, so I switched to this powder. And I love it! I have it in the shade Medium, which is slightly too yellow-toned for me but blends seamlessly into my skin to tone down all the ruddiness.

It's very "powdery" (YES it's a powder, but specks will fly around with your brush if you're not careful), but application is very smooth and easy. It melts into your skin for that dimensional, skin-like look good mineral powders give. I use it over a CC cream for a pretty airbrushed look, but it has some coverage on its own for good skin days.

It's $22 for 0.24 oz. No trace of irritation or breakouts. No oxidation. The oil control isn't that great, and the compact doesn't have a mirror. Other than that this is a great, great product.

on 11/16/2014 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I applied it on my oily T zone after liquid foundation, no trace of powder, absolutely smoooothly wonderful. It is matte but not flat & appeared skin like.
I am about NW25 or NC 30 and used #30 sand (although at the back the print was #30 medium).
I also like that it does not waste $$$ with a brush, which I usually chuck it in the garbage immediately.

on 10/7/2014 6:07:00 PM

This is a HG product for me, and is probably my most re-purchased makeup item. I love this product! It is very light and silky feeling on, and provides great coverage. I use it two ways - by itself as a powder foundation, and also as a setting powder over liquid foundation for a flawless finish. I am light/medium with yellow undertones and I use color 15 nude, which is a perfect match for me. I have redness on my nose and cheeks that I like to cover up, and this product covers redness well. I do find that I have to reapply in the middle of the day or if I blow my nose a lot, but it is pretty long lasting. I keep a spare compact in my desk at work so I can reapply during the day. This is one of my all time favorite makeup products!

on 10/7/2014 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've had this powder for about five months now and the shape of the powder dome is not half way done yet. I use it every day. Right now I am about a NC40. I purchased the next darker shade, I believe the color was Bronze (35 Tan) at first. I returned only because it made my under eye area way too dark. So I purchased the next light color called Sand. I wish they had a color in between Sand and Bronze. Fortunately I use an awesome blush/bronzer by NYX called Ignite and it is a perfect bronzer that helps darken the color a bit by dusting some on my temples, nose, chin area. This will do for now but I would love to try MAC's MSN in Medium Plus which seems like it's always out of stock! The price is good upfront at $22 but read from another reviewer that MAC is much better as far as price per gram at $29.

I have to say the coverage is very good, smooth and silky texture, and not chalky, love the yellow undertones to it and doesn't turn orange by the end of the day.