Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Romantic

4.2

Just purchased this yesterday and WOW, the staying power is incredible. I applied it at 9pm and fell asleep with it on and it was still on my lips this morning at 9am. I really like this product for a few reasons. 1) The application is so easy! The crayon shape helps to line the lips as well as avoid any "colouring outside the lines" situations. 2) There is no sharpener needed, it's a twist-bottom lip product. 3) It goes on smoothly, and deposits a lovely amount of sheer colour, but does stain the lips, so when it begins to wear off, you're still left with a very pretty "my lips but better" look. 4) The peppermint scent is fresh and invigorating and my lips do feel more hydrated after application.

One thing I like to do, instead of reapplying, is to let the colour wear a little bit and once the overlay has disappeared leaving you with a wash if colour, apply a regular lip balm like Blister overtop to add extra moisture. There was no transfer and the colour still didn't move, so I literally just had nice naturally red lips that were very moisturized.

Get this stuff! Great for all-day wear and inexpensive.

on 12/31/2014 2:32:00 PM

Pulls too orange on me. Nc30-35 with darker mauve lips.

I really love the formula and have like 6 balm stains but this doesn't work with my skin tone as much as I would like. I do love rendezvous which is actually orange, so I don't know why this doesn't work.

on 12/3/2014 1:23:00 AM

This is the kind of red I would wear. I'm never a fan of red lipstick but the sheer color of this balm stain is something that would go with my casual get up. It's light, minty and leaves a nice wash of natural tint on my lips. Definitely a keeper.

on 11/28/2014 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really liked this product. It's a pretty sheer red that looks good on yellow undertone skin, and can be built up for a more opaque coverage. It has a peppermint scent but doesn't irritate my lips. Has a very light-weight feel, and easy to apply with the twistable crayon applicator. Moisturing formula at first, but can be a little drying as time goes on.

on 11/15/2014 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

YES! I love this balm stain. It actually *lasts* and nourishes my lips at the same time, making them very soft. This is absolutely my favorite lip product of all time and I have it in many colors. I'm so glad I found this stuff!

on 11/15/2014 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I like this color, a sheer but buildable tomato red; iIt's slightly hotter toned, but the closest replacement I've found for my much-beloved l'Occitane balm in Currant. It looks good at all densities and it wears off evenly rather than in that getting-tired, patchy way some strong colors do... very good with my cool-ish pale skin. I wish it didn't have peppermint in it, which tends to irritate my lips, but it's not as bad as Burt's Bees products and as long as I don't wear it every single day. A keeper.

I love almost all of the colours in this range (Revlon's Balm Stains are my all-time favourite lip product)... but not a fan of this one. I'm very pale (+ olive undertones), with little natural pigmentation in my lips, and this version of red looks straight up orange on me. I love blood red lip colours (favourite is Revlon's Standout matte balm), but hate to reapply all the time, so I thought I'd try this. On its own, it really does look orange (be mindful of your own skin tone and lip pigmentation, it may be great for you). However, I tried layering it with my go-to red lip colour. Results: the colour looks awesome and I'm hoping that the two together will have added staying power. Realistically though, I wish this balm stain had been a deeper red, sufficient to be worn alone. Hopefully they'll release a stronger red in this formulation. All the Balm Stains have a great slip to them, I find them to be emollient-rich and hydrating to my lips. I also enjoy the mint scent. It's refreshing to apply, just a shame about the colour for this particular one.

on 8/4/2014 12:43:00 AM

Perfect red for me! It can be sheer or you can build it up for a redder look. Can be applied on a daily basis. I usually apply lip balm before I start doing my make up, and when I'm done with my face, I apply the lip stain and it's perfect! It lasts quite a long time, only fades after I eat, but I reapply after that it stays on the rest of the day. My sister complains about the smell, but I like that it smells like a mint crayon. (Not sure if it's just me who likes it) The cap had fallen off a couple times in my bag and stained some of my bags.

on 7/21/2014 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A staple product for my makeup wardrobe! I'm not big into lip products or color but this has been my go to for almost everyday for the past year. Some days, this looks like a cool toned red but other days I detect a pinch of an orange undertone (my makeup may play a factor in this, not sure) Anyways, I always layer over lip balm for a hint of color. It makes my lips look so much better and more healthy - I have pretty pigmented lips but they have a purple undertone in them which I feel makes me look sick and yucky. You can definitely control the intensity of this with layering. I find this lasts a decent amount of time. Over lip balm it doesn't feel drying at all but wearing this alone I find it doesn't feel as "soft". I've had this for over a year and I've just now had to twist it up a little more. I'd definitely repurchase.

on 6/28/2014 1:07:00 PM

I bought this lipstick last year and it has been my go-to lip makeup ever since. The color is amazing, you can control the redness of the color by layering it again and again for a deeper color or layering it once for a sheer color. This balm stain leaves a nice, matte finish and also, is it just me or does the product smells like mint?

The only thing I hate about this product is that it dries out my lips. It was okay at first, but then you start reapplying it a few times and your lips get really dry. I had to layer it with a lip balm before applying the balm stain in order to keep my lips not dry.