Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

I purchased this foundation in my search for a cheaper alternative to my Lancome Teint Idole to wear on more casual days when I didn't want to waste the more expensive foundation.

Surprisingly, I like it almost as much as the Lancome Teint Idole. I feel I get just a tad bit better wear and finish with the Lancome....but again.... just a bit.

It is long wearing (`8hrs in higher humidity, much longer in lower....with the caveat that I do NOT have oily skin), good coverage (it doesn't cover my hyperpigmentation from a skin condition completely but I am not sure if there is a foundation out there that can without it looking like a clay mask) and a nice finish that doesn't look cakey (hard to do on my 50+ face).

Because this foundation is on the thicker side, it is key for me to get a smoother finish by applying this foundation with a dampened makeup brush. I do not own a beauty blender or similar type sponge but am sure it is the same principle. Using a spray bottle, I spritz a bit of water on a piece of cloth to moisten the bristles of the brush, dip the brush into the jar to pick up a bit of product, and then use stippling motions to apply to face. If needed, I will finish by buffing in circular motions. I do find that if I apply too much, the product will settle into my deeper forehead wrinkles which, fortunately, I can correct by smoothing it out with my fingers.

At first I found the jar annoying, but now that I have my brush routine I really like being able to quickly dip the brush directly into the product without having it touching any part of my hand, which I need to do when using pumps.

I may experiment with other foundations to see if anything else provides better coverage for my hyperpigmentation but until then, I will continue to use and repurchase the CS Whipped.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was one of the highlights of my near never ending quest of finding a good drug store foundation. I bought it on a whim because it was on sale at Walgreens for 10$ and I am always in the market for a foundation that advertises a matte finish.

Overall it's a very good foundation, a bit on the pricier end (15$) but that's not even as bad as, of course, higher end brands. It's a very light consistency and I applied it with a flat foundation brush and then smoothed it out with a sponge and it was a very smooth finish! I even got complimented on my skin.

However... it did break up on my nose very quickly, I've got large pores and on particularly bad days, as soon as I used a setting powder you could see it breaking up a bit. The colors are okay, they don't have a super wide range but I found a close enough match. I would repurchase again maybe, but really only if I was desperate.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

its okay, it takes a lot of blending in with a brush to make the streaks go away. it also makes me look white in flash pictures, sadly.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I love this product. I keep coming back to it. Great coverage, buildable, and lasts me all day. I cannot complain about this at all. My HG!

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I just bought this I usually use Revlon colorstay for oily skin ..but I wanted something that smoothes over my face more easily ..This def does that! It covers better as well and makes my face look more smooth

Buying a foundation for my over-50 face is no small task. It needs to cover my ruddiness, last all day without looking cakey, not break me out (even at my age), not settle into wrinkles, not too matte, not too dewey, and be a great color match. That's a lot to ask and most foundations are just not up to the task. I like Merle Norman Timeless and Elizabeth Arden Intervene (disc.), though I seem to be sensitive to the chemical sunblock in the former. I decided to give Revlon's ColorStay Whipped makeup a try after remembering how much I liked the original liquid version. I am so happy I did because I now have my new Holy Grail foundation. It performs very well, looks great and has no sunscreen to be allergic to! I use my own physical block underneath. I apply it with the Sonia Kashuk synthetic flat-topped brush or with my fingers. I'm very happy with this one.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. I didn't actually buy this product myself, my sister bought it and didn't like the velvet finish to it so gave it to me. I fell in love. My absolute favourite foundation for a velvet, airbrushed finish. I never need to touch my makeup up when i wear this. I actually ran out and my sister has just given me her backup that she bought.

My only things are, i live in the UK, and this isn't sold here so we have to buy it online :( but it's so worth the shipping haha!! I also wish they had a better colour bank. But when i have tan on its fine!

I have combination skin and this just looks flawless on me, i powder under my eyes and my t zone but i wouldn't wear something without powder there anyway.

I love this just as much as my Make Up Forever Ultra HD foundation. If not slightly more. I use this for special occasions or when i know i won't be able to touch my makeup up throughout the day.

This foundation is not bad, there are definitely better foundations on the market. But I like how fluffy and light it felt on my skin after application. The jar isn't very hygienic but you can always use a small spatula, cotton swab or scooper to grab the product out.

I prefer foundation in a bottle with a pump for hygiene reasons. However, this was being discontinued @ Walgreens. Hence, 5 lippies for price. :) I believe Revlon will still be selling it.
The color that matches my fair Asian skin is Buff. I may mix it with the color Nude which has a hint of pink. I use a Q-tip to dot a few areas on my face. Then I use a stippling brush. Also, this foundation is very buildable. My skin looks AIRBRUSHED!!! I love this foundation so much that I went back & bought another jar!!

I don't understand why this is not considered one of the top foundations. Maybe because it's been around for a while?

Okay, Ladies. I really thought I had found an answer to the evil "big glass jar" packaging. Now I'm not so sure. I found travel "squeeze" containers made out of frosted rubbery plastic that claim to be safe for airline travel (no leaks). The smallest was 1.25 ounces ( I think the evil jar is .9 ounces). I checked to make sure that if I put my whipped creme foundation in it, and I started to run out, I could easily remove the entire cap (which has a small "valve" opening to dispense the contents and a flip down lid over that) and insert a spatula or finger in there and get all the remaining goodness out. Also, this travel container stands upright and upside down as well so the thickness of the base would be helped along by having it settle directly on the on the "valve" opening. I enjoyed the squeezable texture and looked forward to using it. The next morning, I raced to my makeup table to have some fun. Uhmmm...the mu is too thick. I thought if I squeezed the container firmly it would budge. It no budge. So I removed the cap and it still worked better than the evil jar because, having rested on its cap overnight, the mu filled the opening and I didn't have to probe down into the container to get it. So it was both spatula and finger friendly and I still got to play with the squeezable bottle. I have another bottle I am going to try the next time, it dispenses differently and maybe that one will work.
Now, on to the mu.
Holy Grail.
I am a weird color so I have basically tried everything and wasted alot of money. Boy, I really wasted money when I let the SA pick the color! In Colorstay liquid, Buff is too yellow and Ivory is too pink and too pale. In Wet and WIld's wonderful foundation, Fair is too light and ...beige/peach and the next one darker is too...dark. In Estee Lauder's Double Wear, I wear Desert Beige but it's not my color really.
I am "cool" yellow. By that I mean I am lemon yellow (cool green tinge) instead of sunny yellow. If I wear standard foundations I look jaundiced. I believe my complection is "pastel" and by that I mean, even if I find the right color, it would naturally be too intense for my (same) color. I could dilute it with something but I need the coverage. I don't know what the diluting color in my actual skin is but I suspect it includes a shade of brown. But not just any brown because I can't wear straight brown eye shadow and beautiful brown contouring/bronzer/lipstick products. I wonder if this means I have some lovely exotic genes way back in my heritage. If true, I wish it informed more than just my impossible to find foundation! I'd love an exotic facial feature or two!
I have broken caps and age spots so people are always "helpfully" trying to get me to wear makeup that matches my broken capillaries/age spots, even if it means the makeup suggestion makes everything above my jaw much darker and differently colored than everything below it.
For my own purposes, I believe I look better with my neck/body matching so all I need to do is find a teal yellow foundation with some kind of plum-purple undertones! (I keep finding that I can wear brown or grey if they have a purple-plum tone. I kept trying to wear the lovely browns and bronzers that look so neutral on others, kept sighing that I wish I could find neutrals that look good on me and then one day, I realized plum-purple browns ARE my neutrals.) Another coloring comment, when I wear Jordanan's lipstick "Blackberry" people interupt me to tell me I should always wear that lipstick (at $1.29, I've stocked up!).
Pink toned foundation, especially if it's warm toned, looks 7 levels of disgusting on me. So, neutral foundations are my best bet. The only time I foundation that I couldn't detect (colorwise) when I put it on, was Graftobian's Fair Maiden.
In Revlon's Whipped Creme, I wear Buff - I'm around N17 if Mac had a neutral I could wear. It's very nice but not perfect match, I can blur the difference with powder.
It does go on smoothly, cover my caps and sun damage, lasts all day, looks better as it sets. I just wore it today with Hard Candy's long lasting primer and it looked great! (made my skin smoother). Takes a little more attention when removing it at the end of the day but I don't have to scrub, I just have to use a toner to catch traces.