Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

found this at a local grocery outlet and i needed a darker color for summer, it is VERY VERY thick so use this with a light hand.

I dont know if its causing me to break out but i suspect it is, i can't tell though! i will update this and let you know. other than that, its great and build able and the coverage is big.

the amount you get is A LOT, i cannot fathom going through all of this unless it was just awesome, it would last a year a swear!

i wish there was a 'maybe' to purchase again, because i am unsure!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first purchased this product in medium beige; but it was very dark so I then purchased it in sand beige intending on mixing the two. This makeup is extremely thick but it does not cover very well--strange. It looks cakey--I think Revlon color stay liquid is much better.

on 6/28/2015 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this in Buff not long after it first came out. It was far too pale so I tossed it aside and gave up on it completely until 2 months ago. Intrigued by reviews, I bought Sand Beige and to my pleasant surprise, have found one of my favorite foundations ever.

The glass jar doesn't bother me at all- I like it. I apply this in 3 minutes or less, and find that when it comes to application, less is more. But my biggest rave is that it wears just as well over my SPF 30 & 15 creams as it does alone, and I haven't found any other foundation that I can say that about. Next up is the fact that when I wash it off, especially after wearing it for a few days in a row, my face looks ever better than before!

And lastly, it does what it says: IT STAYS ON. Everything I've read and heard about it looking better the longer you wear it is true. I hope Revlon doesn't change a thing except for to add more shades so that more women can find a match.

on 6/28/2015 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It was very cakey looking on me, and it made me look like i had that greasy face paint on that people wear with their halloween costumes.

on 6/28/2015 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this foundation, it's by far my favorite foundation of all the ones I've tried. I have oily, acne-prone skin so it's hard for me to find a foundation that will give me good coverage, not break me out and not get super oily on me.

I find the coverage to be medium to medium-full, but I have a lot of redness and acne scarring. It does a good job of covering everything for the most part but my darker scars do show though.

It doesn't break me out which is fantastic! It also doesn't get super oily on me, I would say I get the same/slightly less amount of oiliness with this foundation. I like to set it with the MAC blot powder to help with oiliness.

Packaging looks nice, it's in a glass jar with a plastic lid. My issue with the lid though is that it isn't very strong, I guess when I close the lid I tightened it too hard and now the lid is broken :( I still use the foundation, I just keep it in a plastic bag now so it doesn't dry up. So just be careful and don't tighten the lid to tight!

Overall, I really like this foundation, I would recommend it for someone who is looking for a medium to medium-full coverage foundation that works for oily skin and doesn't break you out.

on 6/24/2015 12:06:00 AM

This foundation has light to buildable medium coverage. Although people say it is full coverage, it didn't cover enough blemishes. Maybe this foundation is just more suitable for people who don't suffer from acne-prone skin.

on 6/17/2015 7:20:00 AM

I have this in sand beige. Love how it;s not drying yet stays on all day.

Will defo buy again when I run out of this.

on 6/15/2015 6:09:00 PM

This is definitely a must during the summer! I applied and was outside for 7 hours straight on a 95° weather & this foundations didn't wear off. All I had to do was blot once and it was still looking pretty much the same since when I first applied. I prefer this whipped formula better than the regular one if u want a nice matte, long lasting foundation.

on 6/13/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I remember when this first came out and I heard all of these awesome things about this foundation, especially for my skin type which is dry but tends to get a little shiny on some areas. I ended up purchasing this at my drugstore for maybe 11-12 dollars (which I think is kinda expensive for a drugstore foundation) and I ended up not being a fan of this foundation at all. For starters, I picked up the color caramel because I used to wear revlon photoready in caramel and that foundation matched my skin perfectly so I thought that this foundation in caramel would match too...WRONG! It was too dark for my skin and made it look drab. The foundation didn't want to stick on my face so it felt like the foundation was coming off constantly (when I touched my face or blew my nose) and last but not least, the packaging for this product is awful and messy.
Overall I'm not impressed with this product and will not purchase again. I still have 99% of my foundation left in the container and I haven't touched it in a very long time! That says something right there.

on 6/9/2015 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
Does not oxidize
Pretty good matches for harder to match shades (fair to medium neutrals especially)
Demi matte finish is flattering in photos

Cons:
Never seems to set!!
Expensive for a drugstore product with less product
Rubs off easily
Looks cakey with more than one layer
Accentuates pores and dry patches
Jar packaging is un- hygenic and the glass jar is NOT travel friendly

Would not repurchase - there are much better D/S options for foundation at a better price (Rimmel 25 Hour Wear or Stay Matte Mousse, CG 3-in-1, Almay TLC to name a few)