Garnier Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

4.5

Cyclopentiasiloxane, dimethiconol, parfum/fragrance, argania spinosa oil/argania spinosa kernel oil, prunus armeniaca kernel oil/ apricot kernel oil, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, citronellol, limonene, benzyl alcohol, geraniol, carrot oil/beta-carotene F.LL D53305/1

on 3/17/2015 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best hair oil ever
So unexpensive, hydrating, lightweight, smoothing, and it smells good.

I use this oil every days on my ends after i wet me hair in the shower, then let them air dry.
I DO NOT NEED TO USE MY FLATTING IRON! This litterally tames all of my fly-away without making my hair greasy :)

Another way i love to use it is to applie a few drops a oil in my regular conditionner, then rinse it off after 5 minutes for an extra moisture

I also tried to apply it as an oil-mask trough the night (about 3 tbsp on my dry hair before bed time), shampoo the next morning and they looked georgous and born again! WOW

**The only bad point i would give is the orange and green plastic package, wich sort a looks cheapy to me (like all the garnier packaging) and gives a bad idea of the amazing product that is inside.

on 2/14/2015 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this product!! I have light pink hair currently, so I obviously need to bleach my hair pretty light. My hair is dry and a little frizzy now because of it. I let my hair air dry, so I put about a nickel-sized amount in my hand and spread it all throughout my hair once it's dried a little bit. If my hair is REALLY frizzy that day, I'll add more after my hair is completely dried. It makes it smell so nice and feel super soft! I am so happy I found this. I gave the packaging a 3 because it's one of those "snap open, push shut" tops, and when your hands are oily from the product, sometimes it gets kinda messy!

on 2/2/2015 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Literally obsessed with this! I love oils for my hair & this is good stuff. Love the smell and the way it makes my hair look ❤️

on 1/12/2015 2:48:00 PM

This is my second bottle of this product, so it is time to review. this is the original formulation, so far as I know: not in a pump bottle, but with a cap that you can control the amount of product drop-by-drop. This is the only way to go, in my opinion, because a single pump may be too much product, and wiping it off on a tissue is just wasteful.

I apply this to sopping wet hair, as soon as I do my final rinse and squeeze the excess water from my hair, before wrapping in a towel. About 8 drops, on my waist-length, fine and color-treated hair. I work it through with my fingers, then a wide-toothed comb, finishing with a finer-toothed comb, beginning at the ends and working up.

Once damp, and before applying any other products, I again comb my hair with a wider-toothed wooden comb. If my hair tangles or haults the comb in any way, I know it is time for a trim, which I carefully perform with special cutting shears. this has allowed my hair to grow to lengths i did not think possible. this is my HG of hair care products, and seems to work best with all and any products I might use on my hair. It is almost as if it protects against not only blow drying (which i seldom do) and the feeling that hard, "crunchy" styling products are being absorbed into and drying out my hair. I think that is because it helps keep the really hard styling products from bonding with my hair fibers. that is what it feels like, anyway.

on 1/9/2015 2:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have somewhat frizzy hair. Straightening it with my flat iron is really the only style that makes me feel confident but I'm so lazy and would love to just find an oil that makes my hair look smooth without doing much effort. This product has SO many great reviews and it's super cheap so I was excited to use it.
This did nothing to my hair. I noticed no difference, with or without it. I'm so bummed.

on 12/2/2014 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love any gambier product for my hair but this oil is amazing gives my hair greAt shine and makes it soft I apply after I wash my hair or whenits dried and styled i love it

A little goes a long way
It's a good product for dull damaged hair because it gives back the shine you need . I think it works better as a hot oil treatment so you could boil water in a pan then place the container inside or use it while your taking a hot shower. Wash this out thoroughly though or your scalp will be too oily.

on 10/13/2014 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have used several "Moroccan Oil" and "Argan Oil" products (I put those words in quotations because if you look at the ingredients on any of these products, you'll usually find 'cones listed first), and Garnier's Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil is one of my favorites.

This stuff cuts down on the frizz, and makes my hair feel so much softer and silkier. Which is great, but what I really love is that it cuts my hair's drying time. Seriously.

I have no idea why, but when I apply this product to towel-dried hair, my hair seems to dry more quickly, no matter whether I let it dry on its own or blow-dry it. I have long, medium-thick naturally curly (and very spongy) hair that takes forever to dry, and most leave-in conditioners or styling products seem to make my hair take even longer to dry, including other serum/oil products, such as Silk Drops or anything from the John Frieda line. Again, I have no explanation for why this product would speed my hair's drying time, but anecdotally, it does.

on 10/7/2014 3:40:00 PM

This product is great! I have very fine hair, so I was afraid that this will be too heavy and greasy. I usually buy the expensive Moroccan Oil brand - I can confirm that this is very similar, but much cheaper and well worth it! Just make sure to use one drop of it as it is enough. I use it on wet and dry hair, both give great results. Last year, we decided to go to Punta Cana for 7 days vacation and as usual, I swam in the ocean everyday for hours, which would usually dry my hair, but I brought this with me on the beach and put it on everytime I would get out of water and I received so many compliments on how shiny and healthy looking my hair was! Also, I can't get enough of the nice smell, my bf always compliments me on how my hair smells good!

This is by far, one of the best drug store products I tried! I will never give that much money on the Moraccan Oil brand again!

on 8/21/2014 4:00:00 PM

I use this on wet hair before blow drying and after flat ironing for a polished, sleeker look. I use a dime size amount ( a little more on wet hair) and the results are amazing. Perfect, sleek, no frizz, manageable and touchable soft. A little goes a long way, so be careful when using it.