July 25, 2014 | 1968 users online

Hair Treatments - Garnier - Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by rebeccarkane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great! I've always been a fan (I'm on my second bottle now) but after this past weekend I am even more impressed!

I dyed my hair, and left the hair dye in for too long, so my hair ended up near black, not the bright red I was wanting. My friend bleached it and brought it back to the bright red I had in mind, but it left my hair extremely dry (surprise surprise).

As soon as I got home, I made a beeline for the bathroom and grabbed this little orange bottle, and smothered my hair in it, to the point where it was a little greasy looking. I then wrapped my pillow with a towel and went to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning, I showered like normal. Then I picked up the bottle again and put a quarter sized amount on the shaft and ends of my hair and braided it, letting it dry. My hair is perfectly healthy now! This stuff brought it back from the dead.

I find it makes my hair softer and shinier, and the waves from my overnight braids stay a lot better. My hair is less frizzy and easier to manage.

The price is amazing - it works just as well as the expensive brands. Why spend $15-$20 for a little bottle when you can spend around $5 for what is basically the same stuff?

The packaging could be better - it's quite leaky, and it's hard to close it without getting a little all over the cap. For the money you save, I can live with it.

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I've already repurchased, and I will continue to repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Im really surprised that this has argan oil higher up the ingredient list than the expensive brands that are also "argan oils" for hair etc.
This game my hair some shine- but not that glamour shiny hair! (I am still looking for something to make that miracle)
I have thick dry hand and it poofs up in humid east Texas and let me tell you that this oil completely tamed the poof.... no kidding.
It didn't give me the "sleek" look because I don't blow dry or iron my hair-but this looks pretty good like this! :O

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryLa

I loved this at first. The smell, how shiny and soft and smooth it made my hair. I didn't understand at the time that dimethicone and amodimethicone are just as bad for your hair as silicone. The build up. Oh, the build up. I was wondering why my hair, which is virgin to dyes and heat tools, was coming apart at the ends over the previous few months, much more than just your regular wear and tear split ends. And then I looked up the ingredients in my shampoo, conditioner, and treatments.
This was some time ago, and since then I did my research on different 'cones and oils. Still salvaging what I can of what was healthy hair, and is now only healthy halfway down the shaft, where I shampoo (I don't shampoo my ends, that would would be havoc).
This is fine to use very occasionally, but if used frequently, will build up in the ends of hair and cause breakage.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by csmithsps

This stuff is amazing! This is definitely my HG hair treatment! I use it after I wash my hair while it's still damp and let it air dry and it makes my hair soft, smooth, and frizz free! The price is great! This little bottle is going to last me a very long time since I only need a couple of tiny drops. I have thick course hair and it tames my hair so it is more manageable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by aubjohnson19

My hair is frizzy, curly, and sometimes not manageable. I get a lot of straightening treatments out into my hair and those really do a hurting on my hair and scalp. The first time I used this, I out it in with no problems, it's light and not really greasy. I read that blonds need to watch out for the tint. You'll be fine. Even though I have brown hair I do have blond highlights and had no problems with color changing so don't worry. This is my holy grail. My curls are more defined, soft, and less frizzy. Please go buy this it's cheap and worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by moonshyne777

I was not expecting much from this, I tend to buy pricier hair products as my experience with cheapo products hasn't been great.

Well I'm pleased to say that this product is AMAZING! Hands down HG hair serum! I have long, thick, fine, misbehaving hair that's a bit dry and unruly with frizz. This stuff leaves my hair oh-so-soft, smooth and smells delicious!

Please give this stuff a try, I am sure you'll be pleasantly surprised and for under ten bucks it's a steal! I will definitely repurchase. I've only used it on dry hair do far. My hair "drank" this up and loved it. I'm going to try it on wet hair and experiment with a bit added into my conditioner. I'll update when I try that.

But a bit added to dry hair and worked in the length has done wonders to tame my long mane of hair and I can't get over how soft and silky my hair is after using this amazing product. Thank you Garnier!! This is a keeper :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by SabrinaRane

This is one of my HG products. I decided my freshman year that I wanted to dye my whole head bright red. Instead of being patient and waiting to get it professionally done, I decided that a cheap box of hair dye from the drug store would have the same effect. In the end I had incredible damage to my hair. I ran to my local Walgreens and found this miracle product. I apply it twice while it's wet and then I apply again after it's about 70% dry. The results are always the same shiny, frizz-free hair. I will purchase again especially because of the price. Cheap yet effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this, and I'm so glad I happened upon these reviews! I'm currently growing my hair out - it's just past my shoulders. I have thick, healthy hair that's prone to frizz and dryness after washing. I wanted a product I could put in while its wet to help smooth it and add softness, but something I wouldn't be able to feel AT ALL. I just run a flat iron through my hair and leave it at that - the day I wash it, I wear it down, then half-up on day 2 and in a ponytail on day 3, before washing again. I am currently phasing out blow-drying my hair to reduce damage, and have been washing it in the evening, working a quarter-sized pool of this into the bottom 2/3's and letting it dry while I sleep. This leaves my hair really soft and smooth in the morning but still completely clean-feeling. I love the packaging because it's small and doesn't leak. I don't notice much of a scent. It has been added to my hair care routine, which now consists of this, Tresemme's heat protectant spray before flat-ironing, and Lanza's urban molding paste to finish. I paid 6 dollars for this at Walmart and will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by 1_more_mile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I made a trip to Ulta armed with my list of must-haves based on Makeup Alley reviews. This is my first review ever!
My hair is medium-fine ,shoulder-length, naturally wavy dark blonde working its way toward grey. Sometimes I straighten via flat iron, sometimes I just want to fluff it and go. I only color it (via a box color) once every few months, actually last time was October. I laughed at one of the reviewers here about her "hating the whole haircut experience" because I too feel the same! Spend all that money and and honestly, I have not had a real haircut in 2 years and I don't think it looks any different after I blow dry and straighten. I usually just have my daughter trim the ends. Just so you know my hair-philosophy. But I still want to look pretty of course! Leading me to this review: Last night was a wash-night (I try to only wash 2 or 3 times a week, hoping that it will keep my hair healthier, who knows!) I used Redken Cleansing Cream only, no conditioner. After a little towel-drying I applied a dime size circle of the thin-ish oil and massaged through, starting with ends. I put a tiny bit more, maybe 2 drops rubbed between my palms, over the top of my head. Then I went to bed. Yes, I go to bed with wet hair. I'm lazy.
Well. Softness in ABUNDANCE the next morning! I think I could have just fluffed it up and gone off to work, it looked that good. But the front was a little too wierd (remember, I slept on a wet head) so I ended up flat-ironing. Soft and smooth. I love it. Not quite at 5 lippies yet since I have only used once. SInce I appreciate reviewers that post edit and updates, I will try to do the same after I have experimented with this more. But I have to say I'm quite pleased with my first use.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love how versatile this product is, and it's even better that it works well in every aspect. This product can be applied with your conditioner for extra softness and shine, as a blow dry serum, and on dry hair as a frizz tamer for additional sleekness. I have used it all 3 ways and have been impressed. I usually use it with my conditioner and as a blow dry serum. I normally don't add it to dry hair because my volume goes down a little. It doesn't make my hair greasy, I just prefer not to use it on dry hair so I can maintain maximum volume. I definitely notice a difference in my hair when I use this in the shower with my conditioner. My hair is sleeker, more manageable with less frizz, and even a bit softer. I like it as a blow dry serum as well. It reduces frizz and adds sleekness, shine, and manageability. The affordable price of this product is a great added bonus, too. Definitely a great product that provides the results it promises without breaking the bank.