Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

1 very good brush for all makeup products
2 for cream/liquid foundations is amazing
3 very good price 😍
4 its so soft
But you must know how to use it ....
You have to blend your foundation very well into the skin in circles motions so you end up with a very somth finish and sleek💖

on 7/30/2015 9:56:00 PM

Great value for this great brush. I use it with Givenchy liquid foundation and have no problems and won't ever use another foundation brush. I used MAC 190 for a long time before trying this one and I get a smoother finish with Real Techniques. I should wash it more often, but don't and have no problems because it seems like the foundation doesn't collect on or dry on the brush -- most of the makeup ends up on my face, not soaked into the brush.

on 7/27/2015 4:02:00 PM

Prior to this brush, my foundation was a wreck. I applied too much, it came out too streaky and patchy, clung to all my dryness. It was a mess, both because my skills weren't up there nor my tools (I was using the ELF powder brush). This brush made it so much easier. The unique ferrule of the brush is easy to hold, the bristles are soft but densely packed, allowing you to spread product and buff it in without extra work, and as long as you don't apply too much product, you should be getting a good result. It is also very easy to clean and hasn't shed on me at all. Also, because of the ferrule, it shouldn't come unglued, which a lot of other brushes do. Definitely recommend.

on 7/27/2015 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Where do I even start? I was on the market looking for a fool proof foundation and powder brush. I hadn't had much experience with makeup brushes, considering how expensive they can be. Although the elf small stippling brush I had was awesome, I felt I could get better coverage with a better brush. So I did my research and came across this specific brush. I finally came to my senses and bought this makeup brush at Ulta for around $9. I've got to say; the package it came in was high quality, and the brush itself was exceptional. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought this brush was in the $20 range! I tried this out with my foundation, and it made my skin look so much better than using my fingers to blend! I also love to use this with my Instant Age Rewind concealer and any concealer for that matter. And of course, it was perfect for setting my face with my Mac Studio Fix powder. I think this brush can give you a flawless finish, and can even be used to apply blush and contour because of its dense size! Thank you real techniques for such an ideal makeup tool! You made me believe in the power of a good quality makeup brush.

on 7/25/2015 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I did not like this brush at all. I had very high expectations due to the hype however it failed to impress me. It left my face streaky with any foundation I use. It was not easy to blend any liquid foundation. I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

on 7/25/2015 5:22:00 PM

I used this brush for a good while but it left my make up a little bit streaky and needed to be blended in more. Very good value though.

on 7/23/2015 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this for liquid foundation and sometimes powder highlighter. It blends foundation very well and you can build up the coverage with it. I put some product on the back of my hand, dip the brush, and then blend away. It's a 'thirsty' brush so there will be quite a bit of product absorbed but I don't mind that. I'd rather lose some product and have a good result rather than no product loss but sloppy application. This is a personal preference, of course. I wash it after two uses - I find that once it's been used and absorbed product, the performance starts to dwindle. I don't use liquid foundation very often so I like to have it clean all the time, especially that I use it for powder highlighter. It blends that very well also - and it doesn't need washing after two uses because powder doesn't cling as badly to it as liquid foundation does.
I've also used it with the Bourjois CC cream, it blended very well - again, had to wash it after two uses as the performance was dwindling due to the build up of product in the bristles.
I don't know if I'd call it a 'holy grail' product but I would buy it again if my current one became unusable for any reason.
Overall, it's a good brush.
And as a note if it helps anyone - I use a soap bar to clean it. Nothing fancy, just a bar of soap. All my brushes seem to do well washed with just a simple bar of soap (and not all my brushes are RT).

on 7/23/2015 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After owning this brush for a year, I've decided that I don't like it. The bristles prick my face and the whole head of the brush feels coarse against my skin. It's like the roughness of a konjac sponge. I much prefer the RT buffing brush, or the velvety smooth Sephora #56 brush.

on 7/21/2015 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like using this brush for foundation. I have not used this brush for liquid, just mineral foundation since it is dense enough and picks up enough product and can buff it into my skin. It is very soft and does not scratch my face. I have not noted any shedding either. I like the way it is sculpted as it is great to get into the corners of the face such as around the nose and eyes. I would definitely recommend and would repurchase. It is fairly good, especially for the price.

on 7/20/2015 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Works with liquid or powder foundation, so much easier than using fingers. Washes well too.

Great value for money