Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

I bought this based on the good reviews for foundation and i was left meh. i use a LOVE my beautyblender but i saw raves for this on MUB and thought i'd check it out as it's cheapish ($10 CDN). the brush itself is soft and dense and does not ched. the handle is nice and thick. but t feel like it applies foundation too heavily. i dotted the foundation all over and then basically buff it in but i feel like it still leaves the foundation a little masky and definitely more heavier coverage than a BB does. So i would not reach for this for foundation. Apparently it can be used for cream blush or contour so i may just leave it for that

on 8/29/2015 3:09:00 AM

Disappointed. I bought this brush since I heard so many good things about it. I can't remember how much I paid for it but i'm sure it was around the $10ish range. This brush didn't really do much for me. It didn't buff my foundation well, left streaks and felt "weird". The bristles aren't very soft and feel rather cheap IMO. They are kinda scratchy and dry feeling. Yes it's dense, but what good is a dense brush if it can even perform simple tasks. I end up having to use another brush to blend out the streaks. I much prefer the "buffer" brush but unfortunately, you can't get that brush alone. It comes with a set and I don't want to spend $20 for a set of brushes when I only want just one in the set.

Real Technique brushes have been hit and miss with me. Mostly a miss. IMO, Ecotools is better than this brand. It doesn't have those fun colors and may look kinda blah, but it's been pretty consistent with producing good brushes. They cost less than these RT brushes too. I would check out Ecotools if you are looking for a good quality inexpensive brush.

on 8/27/2015 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I dislike this brush completely. It smells like wet dog and I can't get the odor out of it. I've soaked it in Parian Spirit, and soaped it with Japonesque cleanser, but it still smells like wet dog. It seems to leave some odor on my face (maybe that's psychosomatic?) The bristles aren't very soft by my standards, and the brush is very lightweight. It feels like a toy. This gives a streaky application on top of its other issues. Based on my experiences, if you need inexpensive brushes, you'd be way better off buying Ben Nye brushes from a costume store.

on 8/17/2015 9:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I was expecting from the reviews an amazing effortless application but I found it was a little streaky and I prefer my tarte brush or the stippling brush more for foundation. On the positive side This is a good brush its awesome for the hard to reach spots on your face like around your lips or nose and such, and like all RT brushes it's good quality

on 8/15/2015 2:03:00 AM

This brush is amazing!!! I cannot emphasize enough. I had heard a lot of hype over Real Techniques brushes, so I finally gave in and purchased this one. This brush is so versatile and the bristles feel luxurious/not cheap at all. This brush works really well for contouring (bc the bristles are more "compact" so easy to target areas you want to apply makeup). Also works well for all over applying of foundation or powder. Would work well for blush although I have not used as such. This would be a great brush for beginners to makeup bc it's so affordable and versatile.

Just FYI that if you want to save money, better to purchase Real Techniques brushes online than in store.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first ever foundation brush I bought for myself but I thought it was too small for my face. It is dense, but not enough for my foundation. But when I started using cream blusher, I find that this is the perfect brush to apply cream blusher or blending out cream bronzer/contour because it fits in the hollows and apples of my cheeks.

on 8/11/2015 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Prior to this I tried the Dior high coverage brush but wasn't a fan because the bristles felt a little stiff, and I also felt like it maybe wasn't dense enough to give decent coverage. I found the Expert Face Brush just browsing around online and I'm so glad I did; its honestly one of the best foundation brushes I've tried so far. It's soft enough that it doesn't prickle but firm enough to blend product well. Its fluffy and dense, and while it absorbs quite a bit of foundation (meaning you do waste a small amount each time you use it) it applies beautifully, and the softness of the bristles make it easy to work around the corners of your eyes, nose etc too. It also retains its shape after washing and doesn't feel like you've lost any bristles. I've only owned it for a few months so I'm not sure about its longevity yet, but for now I give it 5 stars :)

on 8/4/2015 2:55:00 PM

Brilliant for applying primer, foundation and CC cream. It's a lovely soft brush that washes really well. I loved it so much that I bought the whole range!

on 8/2/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The reason i gave this brush 5 stars is
1 very good brush for all makeup products
2 for cream/liquid foundations is amazing
3 very good price 😍
4 its so soft
But you must know how to use it ....
You have to blend your foundation very well into the skin in circles motions so you end up with a very somth finish and sleek💖

on 7/30/2015 9:56:00 PM

Great value for this great brush. I use it with Givenchy liquid foundation and have no problems and won't ever use another foundation brush. I used MAC 190 for a long time before trying this one and I get a smoother finish with Real Techniques. I should wash it more often, but don't and have no problems because it seems like the foundation doesn't collect on or dry on the brush -- most of the makeup ends up on my face, not soaked into the brush.

Popular Makeup Brushes