September 21, 2014 | 1627 users online

Moisturizers - Trader Joe's - Nourish Oil-Free Antioxidant Facial Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by drawntomusic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great nighttime moisturizer! I use this at night after TJ's tea tree facial soap. It moisturizes well without feeling heavy. My skin is very soft every morning when I wake up. I use TJ's enrich spf15 moisturizer during the day. I have normal skin, as far as oily or dry, and occasionally break out due to hormones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best moisturizers I have ever used in my entire life. I have terrible skin that is both oily and sensitive and riddled with acne scars. This moisturizer has addressed all three of those concerns -- it helps to balance the moisture levels in my skin so that it is not too oily or too dry but simply comfortable and perfect; it has helped to fade my acne scars (I'm not sure which ingredient or combo thereof is doing it but I'm so thankful that it is!) and it makes my skin look dewy and bright. It dries to a perfectly matte finish and absorbs right in after about three to five minutes. My skin glows -- it looks and feels absolutely beautiful. It is soft, milky, and clear. I use two and a half pumps at night time (I don't moisturize during the day) and this keeps my face balanced and happy. This paired with Oxy 10% benzoyl peroxide cleanser (2x/day) has absolutely changed my life and I cannot believe what a difference this combination has made. For five dollars, this moisturizer is a dream in a bottle!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

I am really conflicted about this product. On the one hand, I am inclined to repurchase this facial moisturizer because it has a ton of fantastic ingredients going for it at a great price, too. On the other hand, it actually feels and looks greasy even though it is "oil free". Although this Trader Joe's antioxidant moisturizer is lightweight with no obnoxious fragrance, it seems best suited for nighttime use, with daytime application reserved for those who suffer extraordinarily dry skin. In my experience, this moisturizer doesn't stand up to perspiration in hot weather and isn't heavy enough to stand up under extremely dry winter conditions, either. (Ponds "Caring Classic" Dry Skin Cream would be a better defense from extremely dry weather, IMHO.)

The pump on this product may help keep the product sanitary but it dispenses too much, which could also contribute to the shiny appearance this product imparts. I have been working my way through a bottle of this moisturizer for nearly six months, preferring instead my Swanson Health Products facial moisturizer (pycnogenol cream) to this. In my experience, Swanson-brand facial moisturizers seem to absorb better so that they do not alter the look of makeup applied on top. If Trader Joe's would formulate this product to absorb a bit better, it would be perfect. At present, I highly doubt I will repurchase this antioxidant facial moisturizer. Of all the Trader Joe's products I have tried, I am most inclined to use and repurchase their sunscreen.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by magica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Trader Joes I like Because is Oil free and fragrance free But I can detect a funky
scent My skin is dry this stuff made my skin look greasy and oily this reason I
hated this moisturizer under makeup it looks worse even do Ive dry skin I cannot imagine
someone with oily skin this probably worse.
The price is great it last ages and pump is wonderful but the moisturizer is not that amazing
I am really surprise great reviews because I didnt saw a great improvement on my skin even do
I almost finish all the bottle nothing special about this moisturizer Ive tried tons this Probably the worse after and while using it I notice my skin was getting redness and started to peel I thought was the weather is cold over here this reason I ignored this BAD reaction I got tired using so I stop My skin GOT so much better my skin redness disappear and peeling too if your skin is dry and sensitive Watch out Because it has retinol this very strong Ingredient so dont ignored it. No wonder in Bottle says IF SKIN IRRITATION OCCURS STOP USING THIS PRODUCT.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The moisturizer is good. It does a nice job of coverage and can be used overnight for smooth, clear skin.
However, it has soluble collagen, hydrolised silk which are animal ingredients but the bottle has a 'V' symbol which means Vegan.
Trader Joe's should be more transparent about such things. Packaging is misleading.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by rasbperries

I don't actually live near a Trader Joe's so I had to order this online, but a friend mentioned that she was using a Trader Joe's brand moisturizer and it was working well for her so I decided to try it. It was cheap on ebay but I did have to pay shipping. The packaging is nice and functional, you get a decent amount for the price, and I really appreciate that there's no scent. It feels extremely bland, which is a positive for me because I have very reactive skin. At first I didn't like it because when you apply it doesn't sink into the skin very well - I have to keep rubbing it in for a while and it can be a pain. It's very light because of this, definitely not a rich or incredibly hydrating cream.

I'm extremely clog-prone and so far haven't seen any problems with this. I've been using it on and off for two weeks, and when I switched to a heavier moisturizer I immediately noticed a difference in my pores. Clogs were already starting to form after two days. It also seems to help with my skin tone or at least doesn't aggravate it: I don't experience redness when using this moisturizer and my skin feels smooth. My only problem with it so far (besides the slightly weird texture) is that it's not always quite hydrating enough for the winter. I have to use 2-3 pumps to moisturize my face and neck and sometimes during the day my face starts to feel dehydrated anyway. However, I'm using BP for my acne right now so my skin can be EXTREMELY dry at times, when it's more moderate (I have combo skin) this works fine. Since all my heavier moisturizers (in fact most moisturizers I've tried) cause my skin to become congested, I've stuck with this one. I'd recommend it for people who want a really simple, plain moisturizer - it's very cheap (especially if you have easy access to Trader Joe's stores) so if it doesn't work for you, it's not the end of the world. And if it does, you have a LOT of product for how little you spent.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by ilovealmondjoys

I like this. It doesn't make my skin greasy. I only gave it four lippies because I wish it were a tad more moisturizing. It literally soaks right in to your skin instantly. But it's very cheap. And you get a TON. It lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Hbademian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My face is very sensitive and feels tight all the time post shower or post cleansing. This moisturizer is AMAZING! It has no scent and is all natural. This bottle lasts forever, I've probably had mine over 6 months and it still has about 1/3 left. Fabulous!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Kittycatrosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom was willing to buy this because it was cheap and natural! Anyways I LOVE that this is unscented. I think it is a really nice moisturizer and the pump is great(doesn't break). This was my first moisturizer ever. I would buy this product again when I run out. I don't use it often though(I use it once a week and use one pump). I have normal skin but it can be oily sometimes. I have a lot of the bottle left, I've had it for about four months. I haven't used 1/4 of it. I love how this one does not test on animals!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Ihaveahart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great! I have EXTRA dry,flakey skin on my forehead areas and this is AMAZING keeps it hydrated has NO smell and skin soaks it up fast (great bcuz you can apply more layers)! Its cheap and not tested on animals so i LOVE it and WILL repurchase this moisturizer and i recommend to all dry skinned ppl who have a Trader Joe's nearby you will NOT be sorry/regret the purchase. It feels super relieving for hot itcy skin. Pros: SUPER hydrating and moisturizing,not animal tested,cheap,does it's job,super hygienic packaging,hypoallergenic,unscented,ALOT of product. Cons: not everyone lives near Trader Joe's. GREAT FOR: oily skin,dry skin,flakey skin,hot itchy skin,acne prone skin,sensitive skin,eczema skin