August 20, 2014 | 1906 users online

Blush - Revlon - Photoready Cream Blush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by madscientist01

I got this blush in the shade 300 coral reef for ~$13; not cheap at all for a drugstore blush!

I love the packaging, it's classic, simple, and practical! You can easily swirl a brush in the pot, or swirl your finger in it and apply that way.

I like this product, but also don't. I didn't have any of the problems that other people seem to have had (didn't last / poor pigmentation / blotchy / hard to blend).

I found the colour to be very pigmented; I only needed to swirl one finger in the pot once and it was plenty for both cheeks. Just like it appears in the pot, it's a very orange colour, and retains a lot of the orange colour when applied. I found it looked a lot like NARS taj mahal when applied to my cheeks (minus the gold shimmer). It is quite a nice colour, but not the colour I was hoping for (a more pinky coral, not quite so orange). I don't think I'll repurchase for that reason - they don't have a shade that is quite what I was looking for (a more natural rosey/pink/red colour).

The formulation was not what I was expecting at all. Like many others have said, it's a very dry cream. It is quite far from being greasy, and sets with a more matte/powdery finish. It's not what I was expecting, but I did quite enjoy the formulation. I found that it blended quite easily with my fingers (though it might not blend as well with a brush or sponge), but I could see this not blending well on dry/flakey skin.

Overall I think the product is good, i'm just not a huge fan of the colour options. If the colours appeal to you, then you may very well love it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

Bought this is Pinched, which is a really pretty peachy orange color. I was able to build it up so that it was noticable, but the lasting power was ridiculously short. I was hoping this product would be a cheaper dupe for Nar's Puerto Vallarta, but no luck. It gives a similar look, but it isn't as user-friendly.

The first and only day I used it the color started to almost "foam" up and clump together after a few hours. It looked aweful!

From what I understand the weak pigmentation is a problem with this particular blush. I don't think I will be trying anymore of the blushes in this line though. I just feel like I wasn't impressed with this cream blush. I will just save up the money and buy something I know has worked for me and not degraded after a few hours in the sun. Or at least fades away in a more natural way. I'm not a fan of looking diseased. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by nadienne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This might be my HG blush - and I'm not usually a cream blush user. Typically I find them hard to blend and too intense on my very pale skin.

I got it in Flushed - which I would never have picked up on my own - on a recommendation from a Lisa Eldridge video. The texture is great, the pigment doesn't pool, and it lasts. If I want a little extra staying power, I put MAC's Dainty on over it.

I strongly recommend it; I'm going to go out and buy it in the other shades.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by mom2go

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am writing this review specifically for the color "Pinched." On my medium-fair skin, this color is almost invisible, even when I layer it. I imagine this would be a fantastic color for very fair complexions. On me, it is almost useless.

I love the texture of this -- it is creamy but also somewhat gel-like. On my dry skin it is not greasy at all, but very smooth. Application is quite easy with fingers or brush.

I wish I would have purchased one of the more vibrant colors in this. I don't think I will purchase again, however, as there are no testers available and this is fairly expensive ($12) for a drugstore blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by sentientglittercloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Flushed, and as a cream blush addict had to have it the second it hit shelves. It reminds me of the Besame cream-to-powder blush in the tiny gold container. You get a lot of product with this, and use so little each time that I have a hard time foreseeing finishing this product.

Recently, I purchased the. Chanel spring 2014 cream blush and feel this is almost an exact dupe, although the Chanel has slightly better staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by lulu6789

Yes, Yes, YES! A cream blush that looks natural and beautiful but it still looks prominet

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by laurenearll87

So I am a blush junkie...I bought this blush in Coral Reef...and let's be honest, I bought it because the color was so weird! But I thought it's so crazy, it just might work. It is a super bright orangey-coral color. But I actually ended up really liking it! It goes on sheer but is buildable. I have very fair skin and it worked well on me. Professional makeup artists often say that the brightest sheer blushes always look the most natural, and they are totally right! This color gives my cheeks a natural flush!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

I know one lippie is a strong dislike, but that's how sub-par I thought this product was.
I tried a brand-new color: Charmed, which is a dark-yet-muted berry color.

what I did not like:

1. it settles into pores really badly, turning them dark pink.
2. it wipes off really easily so I can't imagine it having good lasting power. (it wipes off more easily than my CG Cheekers blush!)
3. it starts as a cream but turns into a powder. (I prefer my cream blushes to remain creamy.)
4. contains dimethicone, which I just personally can't tolerate on my own skin.
5. it contains fragrance! yuck. I do not want perfumes in any of my cosmetics, but I definitely did not expect to find it in my blush!

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by hyacinth289

As a blush, it is rather sheer and could be build up. I like the scent of this, a faint rosy smell that is not artificial. The blush looks lovely when applied, but the downside is the poor lasting power. I don't like to re-apply, and rather low maintenance on my makeup during the day. I don't see myself use it all the time as a blush.
However, I have recently starting to use this as a lip tint over my lipbalm, very smooth and the color is pretty and appropriate for work.
When I use it up, I don't think I would buy it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cream blush is very moisturizing, has great pigmentation, and is easy to apply. It also did not break me out and has an adequate amount of product. It leaves a natural and beautiful flushed look to the face.

The problem is that it lasts only for a short while after application. After about a 2-3 hours, it disappears. Either way, I still like this product and can see myself buying it again.