Revlon Photoready Cream Blush

3.8

on 8/24/2015 4:34:00 AM

My local drug store only carries the Revlon cream blush in charmed and flushed variants. Personally, I would have chosen Pinched since it goes well with my skin tone but left with no choice, I settled for charmed enchantment.

The packaging is not impressive. It's a clear plastic tub with black screw lid. You'd thought Revlon would have chosen a glass container for a more expensive look-- but no. It leaves a dark pink (old rose) pigment on my skin, which is not too flattering. The color only lasted for 3-4 hours on my skin (even with primer on). Fortunately, I got this as a gift. But if I ever need a cream blush soon, I would not consider purchasing this.

on 8/15/2015 7:04:00 AM

Found this at my local chemist for $6.50AUD. This retails for $22AUD. Don't let the loud colours scare you. They sheer out to a wearable colour on the cheeks. The pigment is still evident. Just nothing garish or clown like.

After watching Lisa Eldridge's review on cream blushes, I took note and started using my lipsticks as cream blushes. It's a wonderful way to make use of bright bright lipsticks that otherwise would sit amongst my collection hardly used. MAC Lady Danger, for example, makes a wonderful coral flush on NC20 skin when stippled on.

ANYWAY. On to this review - I picked this up because Lisa specially mentioned the bright fruschia colour "Flushed" being wonderfully pigmented and beautiful on skin of colour. I'm an NC20 and pale as ghost but thought, what the hecccck if I use this sparingly it may look beautiful as suggested.

It did that and more. Due to dimethicone being one of the top ingredients, it's makes a wonderful primer for powder blushes. My blushes last ALL day now.
I use a Real Techniques Stipple brush to apply this to my cheeks.

- Coral Reef is a bright, orangey coral and definitely the most intense shade of the four. It reads much more orange than pink, so I'd recommend this for someone who is already comfortable wearing that tone in a blush. You do pick up quite a bit of pigment on first swipe, but after blending, it's a lot more wearable.

- Pinched is the lightest shade of the four, and I'd describe it as a light peach or apricot. It seems to have the tiniest bit of shimmer through it (compared to the other colours, which are all flat), but it's not an in-your-face shimmer. This colour is on the pale side, so I don't think it would show up very well unless you have light skin. I think it's a really interesting colour. Most blushes that are this light have some pink in them, but this shade is a super-light orangeŚcould be really pretty for a different blush look than the norm.

- Flushed was my favourite. It looks like an extremely bright fuchsia in the pot, but is more sheer on the skin. This colour is great if you're like me and love a stronger blush look. I think it would work on a wide range of skin tones, from fair to dark, and the hot pink is a little easier for most of us to wear compared to the coral.

- Charmed really more of a rose shade, with a bit of brown in it; although it can look like a baby pink in some swatches online. On the skin I think it's the closest to a "universal" blush colour. This rosy shade would suit absolutely everyone. Surprisingly, it's slightly deeper than Flushed. Flushed is brighter though. Charmed is a more muted every day colour. If you're after that English-rose cheek-look, this is your colour!

Because my lips are sensitive to beeswax. I actually use this beeswax-free cream blush as a lip stain.

I am very much enjoying this product. It's up to par with Stila blushes (more emollient and dewy), Chanel blushes (dimethicone based but.. 3g of product for an arm and leg), Bourjois (dimethicone based - colours aren't as unique and not great for dark skin tones. Dupes for Chanel FOR SURE), Maxfactor Cream Blush in Soft Pink (creamy - but sadly discontinued!?).

I will not repurchase because I simply won't need to. 12.4g of product! But another reason is that I can use lipsticks mixed with a dimethicone based primer (Benefit Porefessional/Garnier dupes) to replicate the same effect/colour. Rimmel's As You Want Victoria is a very close colour.

on 7/23/2015 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i have this in charmed. i apply it by swirling a stippling brush in the pan then stippling my cheeks. this results in a natural application. i have fair, pink-toned skin and i find that this complements my skintone really well.

for the price, i'd say this is worth it. it's a really nice cream blush with excellent wear time and the screw top packaging is attractive and practical. i'd repurchase, because i love the colour so much.

on 6/18/2015 11:19:00 AM

I have this in Coral Reef, which is a bright peachy red. I've been looking for a color like this. It can look intimidating in the pan, but it applies sheerly and is buildable. Blends like a dream. Its a wonderful natural flush of the cheeks. Perfect all year round, but especially summer. Lasting power is decent (i put on top of primer, foundation & setting powder)

I actually love this product. I bought Charmed Enchanted today at Ulta. For the original price stinks but I got it on sale and well its packaging is cool. And made great ! Now the product is nice and creamy but not too creamy and very silky. I applied it with a Sonia kashuk brush on one side but the other side I applied with my fingers. It's a buildable
Product and very pretty ! It lasted all day in 80░
temps too. Thumbs up !

on 5/2/2015 11:23:00 PM

This blush is an alarmingly bright fuchsia colour in the pot! However, as many have said, it goes on quite differently, nowhere near as screamingly bright, and is buildable. A little goes a long way, and there's a lot in the large, flat pot (which I love). I probably wouldn't buy it again, only because a) I know it's going to last an awfully long time, and b) it doesn't glide on as effortlessly as I'd like - it's not soft enough, or creamy enough, or something, so trying to push or spread it on my cheek (so I don't end up with bright pink spots) requires a bit of effort. I don't like having to rub my cheek as strongly as it seems to require to get it to blend, as not only does it muss up my foundation, but it also makes my cheeks red from the friction, so I can't properly gauge how much blush I need to apply.
Caveat - the weather has been quite cool, and it's possible it affects the spreadability of the blush. Hopefully it will be creamier during our hot Australian summer.

on 3/4/2015 2:14:00 AM

I love this cream blush! It's super easy to apply. I use it in Charmed and it has a very natural, flushed effect.

on 2/28/2015 7:32:00 PM

I am a long-time devotee of Nars powder blush (lately Unlawful), though I think that powders are the biggest culprit for the Aunt Sally cheeks. Recently, I have purchased a few drugstore make-up products and I am impressed. It seems the big companies have realized that the competition has surpassed them and they are upping their efforts. I am especially thrilled with this cream blush in Flushed. It has literally changed my life. It looks so fresh and relaxed on the apples of the cheeks. You can also build colour should you wish without looking exadurated. I have not touched Unlawful since I bought this blush.

on 1/14/2015 3:55:00 AM

Nothing life changing. It's pretty sheer, you have to really build it on to see any color. I like it at first, but it seems to disappear after awhile. It's pretty expensive for drugstore blush too. The packaging is nice but I probably won't be buying this again because there are just better options out there!

on 12/26/2014 6:44:00 PM

My first cream blusher, in shadow " enchanted", very flattering shade, not too pigmented so very easy to apply ( or should I say more difficult to make mistakes applying it). When applied correctly ( I use my fingers) the effect is gorgeous, you glow from within. Needs reapplied during the day. Cheap as chips.

Popular Blush Products