L'Oreal Infallible - Amber Rush

4.7

Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-611/Dimethicone Copolymer, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, alcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol,Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Talc, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Lauroyl Lysine, Tin Oxide, Alumina, Polyurethane-11, [+/- May Contain / Peut Contenir: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77947 / Zinc Oxide, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake,CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake]

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Best drugstore eye shadow! The huge problem is the price. It's ridiculous for them to have us pay that amount for a single eye shadow. Not okay.

This amber or rose gold is the color that everyone is looking to wear as jewelry, but this lovely shade makes it possible to wear on the eyelids. It comes in a small jar that is reasonably priced. I think 5-8 bucks or so? The product has a stopper on it to keep the loose shadow from pouring out. This doesn't seem like a loose shadow. It packs well in the jar and most eyeshadow brushes would be able to pick up the color. The formula is smooth and buttery, but the color is intense! Be careful not to get too much color or it might look cakey or have fallout. Such a lovely, unique shade. If you need that rose gold color fix, buy this single shadow jar and be wowed.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have owned this forever but I haven't worn it much. Wore it today and it reminded me why I bought it! This is such a beautiful rose gold shade. Like the other Infallible shadows, you can literally just touch your finger to the product and you have enough pigment. I do get some fallout, but not so much that it's a huge issue. This shade is unbelievably pretty. It's shimmery and rosey, but not over the top like a lot of other shadows I own seem to be. Honestly, this shadow looks the best when you just wear it by itself and maybe with a neutral crease shade. It's a very rich and beautiful color, and I can't imagine it looking bad on anyone.

I hardly ever try to do complicated eye looks. With this I do a one shadow look and just put it all over the lid. It brightens up your eyes/face and looks effortlessly pretty (at least on my medium toned olive complexion).

Now let me really get into why this eyeshadow is the bomb.com - it is literally like liquid rose gold. Except in a creamy powder formula. Probably by my username you can tell I'm obsessed with rose gold.....ahem anyways--

--I feel like a lot of people say this leans orange, and yes, that's true, in makeup terms. But with all the ~*rose gold*~ themed everything coming out, I feel like many people forget that real rose gold actually is a little more warm red than cool pink (when talking about undertones), because it is yellow gold mixed with copper...not just pink and gold tones mixed together.

That's why this color is so great. It's like molten rose gold, but safe for your eyelids. Anyways. Onto the formula. L'oreal NAILED IT with the Infallible shadows and I'm devastated there isn't a wider range of neutrals because they are necessary. I already own all the existing neutrals + one pop of color and honestly, I can't get enough. They are almost too perfect. They are insanely pigmented, blendable, too creamy to believe.

This particular shade is amazing for layering. If you get a little bit on your fingertip and lightly pat it on top of any existing color on your lid, the result is magical. It transforms kinda boring eyeshadows into something that looks super expensive and full of complexity.

I avoided these little drugstore gems for a while because they are a little pricey, but caved when I kept asking what a friend was wearing and she always told me it was one of the Infallible shadows. I don't regret spending a single penny on them. If anything, I'd probably pay more, they're that good.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Amber Rush is a great shade for many skintones. On me it's like a warm pinky copper shade. Great shade for everyday use. Best applied with your fingers, stays on all day.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love this eyeshadow! I bought it during a 40% off L'Oreal sale at Ulta. The color is very intense and metallic, and I know some people find it too orangey, but I like to wear it over my Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather in Creamy Beige and it looks like a gorgeous golden/bronze shade. Perfect for summer/fall transition! I find that the best way to apply this is with my finger because that is how I get the most intense color. The shadow is soft and smooth but still has zero fallout for me. Very easy to work with and blend. I would definitely recommend this eyeshadow!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely one of my all time favorite eye shadows.

The formula is a very creamy consistency even though it's a powder. I've tried using it with a brush but patting it on with your finger gives a much better application. It's extremely easy to blend. It's very pigmented do one swipe will do. You can sheer it out somewhat or wear it as a more dramatic look by building it up.

Keep the gray stopper because it keeps the shadow from crumbling and from drying out.

I have kinda oily eyelids but with a primer underneath it stays on all day - I also use MAC paint pot in ochre underneath even though technically that's not a primer, but it works for me. I normally use a neutral transition color on my crease, specifically Naked, from the UD first Naked pallet.

It has not irritated my eyes at all. No fall out since it really grabs onto your lids without being drying. It's extremely easy to remove with just a makeup wipe.

I have blue eyes and this just makes them pop. I've seen it on other eyes colors and it looks great on all my friends as well! I really don't see how you can go wrong with this.

I have a lot of high end and mid range shadows and this is the one I go to most often for an everyday look. It stands out without being over the top.

The container is small but since it's so pigmented it will last a very long time. I've had this for months and barely have made a dent in it.

I have this and another color and i LOVE IT GREAT color pay off and stays on,love for fall!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I love the L Oreal eyeshadows. Not crazy about loose powder but it doesn't seem to make a mess.

I swipe this over my lid to go from day to night

A great price. A dupe for some of the HE products

You get so much product doubtful it will need repurchasing in the next few years