December 20, 2014 | 1021 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Infallible - Amber Rush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Can't believe I've forgotten to review this. I bought it some time ago, when it first came out and everyone was over the moon, raving about it. I was concerned that it was LE and if I didn't get it right away, it would be gone. I like the Infallible shadows -I have 5 or 6 of them and they apply easily and with intense colour (can't say that about Chanel's far pricier Illusion d'ombre shadows!) and they last all day. And Amber Rush is a lovely shade but for some reason, it's one I forget to reach for and when I do grab it, I have to be careful about what colour blouse or sweater I'm wearing (or at least I think I do) because the warmer, coppery shade can look a bit "clashy" with some of my clothing. But this is a gorgeous shadow and really is one I should remember to get out more often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This often gets described as 'rose gold'- it's not! It's copper. If you're looking for a rose goldish DS eyeshadow, I suppose this is close enough but it is not a true rose gold. I have 20/20 vision, for what it's worth. Laura Mercier Caviar stick in rose gold (cream shadow) & Bobbi Brown shimmer wash eyeshadow in Rose Gold (powder shadow) are nice rose golds.

I am as cool toned as they come and after applying this shadow (I do my eye makeup before everything else) I was convinced it was way too warm toned for me to pull off. However, after choosing a blush & lipstick that coordinated, I was surprised to find I could wear it nicely.

L'oreal Infallible eyeshadows last all day on my super oily lids with Nars eyeshadow primer underneath. I have yet to test them out in summer, though. I live in TX aka the depths of hell & have yet to find shadows that last on our humid 100+ degree summer days, if this one does, I will update!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Nabbed the last of this color in the display at Kroger awhile back & hadn't a chance to review it until now. I have iced latte, Amber rush, & bronzed taupe & end up wearing them individually usually although they would work well together. I put it on w my ring finger or pinky (clean hands!!). I just dip it directly into the product. I think the packaging on these is neat! I like the stopper. It keeps it all in place! This is a warm brown, would suit many complexions/coloring. I too saw this in a YouTube video I don't remember who it was, but I was motivated to go buy it the next day. The supply (container) is ample, no chance of running out any time soon which is nice because they are a little bit high priced on the DS scene but well worth it. Esp if you can find a BOGO50 sale on Loreal. I don't own a lot of Loreal products mostly because I feel like their prices are kind of high for DS but i am going to be buying more from them because everything I've tried has been of good quality & whilst not high end quality, still better than stuff like other DS brands competitively priced on me. YMMV. I feel like Loreal is trying harder than other companies to offer high(ER) end products at still an affordable price for women who want to still shop for makeup at supermarkets, DS, & big box retailers for convenience & price, & I admit it's nice to have the higher quality options out there if you want them without having to go to sephora or Macy's or be bugged by SAs at counters or order online. Loreal offers a lot of interesting products that I'd like to try. The Infallible eyeshadows are high quality & offer whilst not a huge range of shades the shades that are offered are all beautiful & classy. I think I am in the target age group of women Loreal is marketed towards & geared for price wise & packaging style. I don't see young teen women being as attracted to Loreal tbh & I think another company that makes high end makeup like LancĂ´me owns Loreal?? The Infallible eyeshadows are buttery & long lasting, I really like them but don't know exactly what other colors I'd have in mind to get, but I definitely like this shade as not being too dark nor too light, a medium tone with some fine shimmer (iced latte has more shimmer!). Loreal has been around forever & I don't see it going anywhere any time soon. I would rec this eyeshadow to anybody who likes Browns/beige colored eyeshadows. Applicator not included. YMMV!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I held off buying this for a year because I thought I had something similar, which I do, but this is so gorgeous I couldn't resist any longer.

A beautiful warm coppery color that is just very nice with hazel eyes like mine and goes well with my cool tone skin. I avoid shadows that are too warm typically because they seem to clash but this is nice.

Very smooth, easy to blend and just stunning.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This eyeshadow is absolutely INCREDIBLE! :D The color is gorgeous on my greenish hazel eyes and it stays on forever! It doesn't crease or flake off or anything, it stays on all day like a tattoo. Thumbs way up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

as someone else said, i had to get this after seeing jacklyn hill use this in a tutorial. so beautiful and great for summer. a unique color as well. like the rest of the infallibles easy to use and creamy check this out if you havent!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

Beautiful color, beautiful pigmentation. I usually like to wear this on its own with smudged out eyeliner because it doesn't need any other shadows to enhance the color payoff. It is really shimmery so I don't recommend it for work but any other occasion, it is truly stunning. I recommend using a flat synthetic brush to pack on the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by XalisaheartsmakeupX

I bought this randomly one day over a year ago while at the drugstore, not really sure what I was looking for. I am addicted to this shadow and rarely wear anything else now! I like to wear this with Bronzed Taupe in the crease. They go on beautifully, last all day with a primer underneath, and make my eyes look awesome! The only complaint is the packaging because the shadow seems to crumble really easily if you don't keep the grey thing on top of the shadow. But it's too awesome to mark down and I am on my 2nd one and will continue to buy! Love.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Cinderelletta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love all of the infallible eyeshadows, but they confuse the heck out of me. Some of them [like Burst into Bloom] seem to be more powdery and apply more like a heavy, loose shadow - which I prefer. Today I went to put Amber Rush on, and it was very cream-like. The top became smooth and shiny when I pulled my brush across it and it looked like I wasn't picking up any product at all, but when I placed it on my eye there was definitely product there. It was so strange.

I like to wear this with Bottomless Java in the outer corner/crease. It would probably look really good with Bronzed Taupe as a crease shade too, but I can't seem to get my hands on it. I usually try to get these on sale, but I think I'll have to get Bronzed Taupe full price since it's never in stock long enough to take advantage of a sale. I need it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ggarcia

when I saw Jaclyn Hill's tutorial, omg I went the next day to purchase it and it was the best purchase of the week, LOL.. I love it and every time I wear it I get compliments.. best rose gold color and it's perfect for night time or day time, you can glam it up or smoke it out for the night. I love it and I am definitely buying more colors from this line!