Lancome Artliner (All colors)

4.3

on 3/16/2015 9:08:00 AM

picked this up in grey/gris as i've been unable to locate l'oreal's felt tip liner in purple here in the UK and needed a felt tip liner to compliment my hazel eyes. tbh i wasn't sure this shade of grey would work as it looked rather dark when tested on the hand. bought it anyway, took it home and tried it. mind = blown. artliner performs above and beyond my expectations. the color payoff is incredible, it really is a truly neutral grey with the tiniest hint of a shimmer to it to add a little lift to the eye. the tip of this liner is more precise than the loreal and the formula doesn't smudge or move until you wash it off. there is no flaking, no fading, and best of all no irritation to my sensitive eyes. i also like the design of the wand applicator; the larger round top seems to work better with my small hands - i don't need to steady my arm on something when i apply this unlike the loreal liner. my eyes change color, from amber to green, and i'm happy to say this particular shade of liner looks incredible with both. this is pricey but you do get what you pay for - a high quality product with outstanding performance. i like it so much i went back 3 days later and purchased a backup.

i've lined 3/4th of my eye with this (with a flick at the end) and lined the inner 1/4 with "ether" by urban decay and the result is out of this world. i tried the same technique using urban decay's "mushroom" liner and again, simply gorgeous. artliner plays well with other products which is important to me - i've been unable to pull this look off with the loreal without it flaking somewhat at the start of the gradient.

i think i've found the liner i've always been looking for in artliner. i'm glad i took the chance and wasn't put off by the price. many lancome products have fragrance in them but mercifully artliner has none. another bonus.

if you're curious i suggest heading to a lancome counter and having them give you a demo / trying it on.

on 2/11/2015 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is an alright eyeliner, in my opinion. I don't know if I just got a bad one but it came out kind of dry and uneven. Also, it was very sheer and it took a few layers for it to become opaque. Plus, the applicator is a little hard to use. But it's not terrible. For the price, I expect way, way more. If you want a good liquid eyeliner, try the Stila one. But I wouldn't recommend this at all.

on 1/8/2015 1:38:00 AM

This is THE best liquid eyeliner you will ever use in your life! It dries quickly, does not clump and never smears. Although it is a little pricey (almost $30), I never have to worry about reapplying throughout the day and it amazingly comes off easily with makeup remover. The way the eyeliner is packed helps with the life of the eyeliner.

on 11/15/2014 11:17:00 AM

Got this in grey and it has honestly become my holy grail eyeliner. The applicator is simply amazing and it goes on very smoothly. The colour isn't washed out nor too intense (hence why I got grey). Overall it's very easy to use and the end results are great though it definitely could be cheaper. Will definitely be repurchasing again.

on 10/26/2014 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Was not thrilled with the packaging or the performance of this. The brush is too flimsy for a great line and then the liner goes on skippy. You can add to it but I prefer just one great line which is why I chose this type of liner. I picked the color aubergine and it is a blackish plum. Was hoping for a little more plum or eggplant color than black.

I think for 30 dollars this should be better: brush should be better, packaging bigger, color more original. It's just not that special. I'm going to try PF's liner.

on 9/28/2014 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

PS....if you do have a hooded lid, please apply and keep your lid closed for a bit until it dries. I have gone to sleep with this on and it still is smudge free the next day...as is the mascara...and eye shadows! Looks fresh the next day...when you are just too tired to cleanse!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this eyeliner a lot! But I have used better ones.I find it a bit shiny and too watery for my taste but it stays all day which is very important for me because my eye makeup always smudge.

on 9/16/2014 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

hg status! Doing makeup is not the same without this liner. Firm yet flexible... makes my lines perfect! Love!!!

on 9/11/2014 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was one of the first liquid liners I purchased. I remember liking it in the beginning because the application was quite pigmented, however, shortly after the brush became flimsy and the product was very sheer. Another thing I noticed was that if the fluid dried on your eyes and you went to draw over it some of the existing liner would be erased. What I would recommend if you are experiencing this problem and you like a very dark black line and don't mind a little extra work would be to first line your eyes with a black gel liner (blacktrack by mac for example) with a 263 MAC brush or Quo curved gel liner brush also line your upper waterline with this because gel liners will stay put and not adhere to the bottom lash line as easily as kohl or liquid, then apply your liquid liner on top for a long-lasting pigmented effect. In all honesty my HG liquid liner is Stila's due to it's pigmentation and brush I have used this an abundance of times without any prior application of gel liner but I do always opt for a gel liner if I'm going out because it keeps my liquid liner in tact until I wash it off.

on 9/8/2014 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This eyeliner was truly 'meh'. I suppose it would be decent for a beginner but nothing about it was exceptional, except maybe the $30 CAD price. The spongy tip wasn't precise and too flimsy to create a clean line, I prefer something much sturdier for my eyes. The colour comes out foamy and not highly pigmented and longevity was subpar. The only nice thing I could say is that it was nice to draw with freehand :)

Many eyeliners perform better than this but Physician's Formula Eye Booster liquid liner is scores better at a third of the price IMO.

This would honestly be better suited for my art kit rather than my makeup bag.