Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24h

Active: Octinoxate 3 Inactive: Aqua / Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane Silica, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Paraffin, Cyclomethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dipropylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, [ /- May Contain / Peut Contenir/ Ultramarines, Iron Oxides / Titanium Dioxide]

on 10/11/2015 4:45:00 PM

This would be my perfect and favourite foundation if it weren't for one huge problem.. Its loaded with alcohol denat which is such bad news for your skin that this is an outright no no for me..such a pity as it makes your skin look beautiful and lasts all day but that's not worth any long term damage to your skin

on 10/8/2015 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Bought it yesterday, but unfortunately it makes my face looks soo shiny and oily like I haven't seen before! I have mixed skin, but because this foundation contains alcohol denat. it makes your skin go oily faster.

Just google it and you will read how bad alcohol denatured is in cosmetics: "Alcohol immediately harms the skin and starts a chain reaction of damage that continues long after it has evaporated".

Apart from that it's a very nice foundation. It didn't clog my pores or looked like a mask. But because it contains alcohol denatured and makes my skin too oily I will return it.

on 10/4/2015 1:02:00 PM

I have very acne prone , acne scared skin , red marks galore, this foundation covers wonderfully! I have tried many kinds and this by far has competition beat! I apply with a foundation brush and stipple on acne scars which gives the most coverage. the only con I have is its not great with oil control. I have to blot my skin throught the day. its okay thought because this product is worth it. it dosent brake me out! yay!

on 10/2/2015 9:14:00 AM

I absolutely love this foundation. I have been searching for my new hg ever since estee lauder changed the formula on their double wear a few years back (I know a lot of people say that about this one too but I never tried the original formula of this).
I am an NC20-25 and purchased 250W (pale who gets very tan - I'm Italian - and my skin has yellow undertones and absorbs color) - I have slight acne scaring marks and a little discoloration - this foundation covers like a dream for me and is lightweight - you can build it up as well but for the first time I feel like I can actually wear one coat! It feels amazing - it is neither matte nor dewy but perfectly in between. I do set my makeup with powder so I can't say how it would wear without it - but I have and do use it without a primer and it is just as good!
I own almost every foundation under the sun from loreal to make-up forever to Kevyn Aucoin - cinema secrets - you get the idea! But I needed my everyday natural looking not heavy day foundation and I read tons of reviews - the thing that scared me most was what people said about the color choices - I will add I bought this online and never went into a store - I sometimes feel I can be a better judge. I bought 250W and it matches perfectly - I had been color tested at Sephora and their suggestion was 230W but because I can change color quickly (even though I try to stay out of the sun) I went for this one and I am happy I did - I live in South Florida and it holds up to the heat and humidity - I have not worn it for 24 hours but then again I would probably never wear a foundation that long unless I go fly to Fiji!
I also purchased the 320 which is slightly darker and plan on using that when my skin gets a little darker or mixing the two.
Overall I will say definitely buy it if you are on the fence - you will be pleased - especially if you liked the original double wear - it lasts all day for me it never feels cakey or heavy and does not separate which drives me crazy!

on 9/18/2015 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased this foundation in March 2015 (doing review in September 2015). I am shade 550W. My skin is combination, with lots of oiliness and dryness in the t-zone and normal everywhere else. I bought this foundation as I was looking to replace my MUFE HD foundation (I use shades 178/185), which was doing a terrible job of fighting oiliness throughout the day and left me looking 10 years older after a full day of wear.

1. PACKAGING: The foundation comes in a heavy, frosted glass bottle. I travel frequently and have never had issues with the cap coming off, unlike some of my other foundations in a similar price range. It's great for people on the go.

2. COVERAGE: This is most definitely a full-coverage foundation. If you use one pump, you can cover your face with medium coverage. Over one pump will give you full coverage. It covered most of my blemishes and blackheads.

3. LONG-WEARING: The foundation stayed on throughout the entire day (normally 12-14 hours). I had to blot somewhat frequently (around every 3-4 hours). My skin doesn't tend to react to products, and I had no issues with breakouts.

1. TEXTURE: On areas of my skin that are normal (no oiliness, no dryness), the foundation held up very well. On areas of my skin that were oily, the foundation sank into my pores. On areas of my skin that were dry, it clung to patches and really emphasized the texture. For reference, I use Becca and/or Benefit primers prior to applying the foundation. I tried switching around the types of primers I used, all to no avail. I'll keep playing around with it, but after 6 months, I think that this is a foundation I will use only when I know I can blot frequently.

2. SCENT: Smells like someone took inspiration from Chanel No. 5 (which I hate). If you don't mind that scent, then go ahead and purchase.

Overall, this foundation requires too much work to look decent. The only good thing about it is that it doesn't budge.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I reaally like this foundation despite buying it on a whim which I never do.

I was matched to 100N which is just ever so slightly too light for me, I need more of a yellow tinge but it still works out 140N was more of a match and they have cool, warm and neutral undertones. The finish is a velvety semi-matte, but not a dull, overly-powdery matte, plus it has SPF! (but I wouldn't rely on fndt. alone for sun protection)
I prime with Hourglass mineral veil and goodness the finish is nice, no sinking into my pores, no caking up on my clogged pores making them more noticeable, it does cling to dry patches though so moisturize and exfoliate! I'd say coverage is about medium-medium full depending on yours skin woes, this doesn't completely cover up my PIH or acne but it does "soften" them and I use 2 layers. Big color selection too, which everyone likes. :)

I live in Houston, so it's super humid in the warmer months making me extra oily- so after about 5 hours (being outside at night) I start having oil break though which is nothing new for me. At first, it would break up around my chin and separate but it was at the fault of my oil-based moisturizer, once I stopped using that it stopped separating.

The packaging is great, frosted thick glass bottle which I have dropped as I'm a klutz and hasn't chipped or cracked, a pump which is controllable and doesn't squirt out a bunch of product. And this does have alcohol in it sadly, but I haven't experienced any dryness from this.

A long review but I like being as thorough as I can, I'd say if you can, get a sample and see how you like it! I think it's worth the price. Not sure if I'd purchase again as I'm a foundation hoe and I'm constantly trying different ones.

on 9/16/2015 2:39:00 AM

I have this in the shade 005 (lightest? in europe), I'm NC10-15 and I'd say this has quite nautral undertone and is light enough for me. I don't like that this has a parfumy scent, it's just very unnecessary and kind of bothers me even tho I don't find it noticable after application.

However, I like the product otherwise a lot, it has good medium buildable coverage, satin finish and is comfortable to wear. I don't find it clinging to any dry areas that I occasionally have and it keeps my t-zone shine-free pretty well for 8h before I have to use any blotting paper/powder.

Probably not going to repurchase cause it's pretty expensive and I think there are other affordable ones that do the job as well as this one. But yes I'd recommend this if you're willing to pay a bit more of your foundation and don't mind the scent.

on 9/16/2015 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i'm a mac NW13 and i have this in 010, beige porcelaine.
- beautiful satin finish
- very long wearing
- livens up my skin even on dry days
- not too expensive for a high end foundation - cheaper than nars, armani etc
- luxe packaging

- it's not cheap ($55 aud)
- the cap has a tendency to come off in transit

repurchase: a thousand times yes. HG foundation.

on 9/11/2015 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a good foundation with an impressive shade range both light and dark. Provides medium to full buildable coverage with a matte finish. Works okay on my dry skin and wears pretty well, but can feel a bit drying. Certainly a high quality product, but not HG for me.

Color: I am quite pale (N/NW10-15ish maybe lighter?). Originally purchased 110 Ivoire C, which was too dark. Returned and got 090(N), which is the lightest shade. If you're too pale for most ranges, check out 090. It's not the lightest foundation I've ever encountered, however, so it may even be too dark for the palest of the pale.

Coverage: Buildable. Depending on application technique, this could wear as light-medium to high coverage. But additional layers/coverage come at a cost--at least on my skin--the more I put on the more likely it is to cake up around imperfections and dry spots. It covers most of the redness on my nose and some patchy discoloration on my cheeks pretty well, but at the end of the day starts to disappear on these areas.

Finish/Wear: It's pretty matte. Feels very light and powdery on my skin after drying. I have no problems with it transferring or rubbing off when I touch my face. It looks perfect from afar and from normal speaking distance from other people. But up close and during personal scrutiny at the mirror I have some issues. I have pretty dry skin and find that it tends to cling to dry patches on my face a bit. It also *feels* drying, like it can sometimes make my skin feel tight like I just washed my face. Works best with a hydrating or moisturizing primer in addition to regular moisturizing routine. I also find that it tends to fade over time where I have bad KP and on my nose where I have a lot of redness. Wear time before this starts to happen is about 5-8 hours. But can definitely get away with wearing out with no touchups for 12+ hours.

Packaging: It comes in a sturdy, frosted glass bottle with a pump dispenser and cap. The pump works well and does not dispense too much product at once.

Application: I've tried applying this in multiple ways (UD optical blurring blush, MAC 190 paddle foundation brush and beauty blender) and the beauty blender is my favorite. Because my skin is so dry, the water application with the BB helps with some of the drying effects. I also think it provides the most natural looking coverage.

Price: Currently $46.50 (US) which (sadly) is not that expensive for department store foundation these days.

on 9/10/2015 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation has got good coverage and wears really well, the packaging is really nice quality, I got the shade 3 it looks good when you first pump it on your hand but when I blended it into my skin it turned more orange. For the price you have to make sure that the shade is correct. Recommend asking for a sample and testing it out first in natural lighting not store lighting.

Video Reviews & Tutorials