July 26, 2014 | 1890 users online

Powder - NYX - Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

I think the reason this product has had bad reviews here is because people are using it as foundation. This is a great setting powder on par with other HD setting powders but not as good as MAC's. I like this product for highlighting. I bought the lightest Ivory which is one shade lighter than my skin and I use it under my eyes over my concealer. It is very light and it needs to be applied with a brush and or a bulb sponge. I really like this powder but thinking it is a foundation will disappoint as it is on the sheer side. Probably the best powder for the price in the drugstore. It is very fine and silky.Also if your skin is super oily this will not work. I guess it is a good product but not what it claims.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The shade I got has a lot of yellow in it so I like it for that reason. But the rest of it.... meh. It's kinda I don't know.. sits on top of your face... makes you look like you have powder on. I use a light hand too and it still is too much. Not finely milled... I just am not impressed. And it's expensive for NYX especially.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by meilinhart21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is quite good for oily skin like me, and the texture is feel so light on my face, but doesn't have good coverage,if i use it from morning to night it's ruin very quickly and the color is not suit well on my skin, i pick natural shade, and it's too yellow on my face, it's make my yellow skin look more yellow.

Good:
- light texture
-Have a matte look on ur face
-Good on oily skin

Bad:
- Too yellow for asian skin
-Doesn't have good coverage
-Doesn't last longger on ur face

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Well, I'm just going to get the one good thing out of the way, the packaging; it's modern, practical, and fairly durable for the price point of the product. Now for the many downsides of the product. The biggest turnoff is the almost instant oxidation, I couldn't believe how fast that occured. Next would be the terrible application and coverage, it goes on like chalk and covers hardly anything at all. Then, you have the fact that it only stays matte for about 15 minutes at best, in fact you may not even be done applying the rest of your makeup before this starts looking oily, it's really that bad. All in all it was a complete waste, and I would not recommend to anyone who has a similar skin type to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I have my reservations when it comes to this product. I don't like a product that I can feel on my face and this is one of them, use lightly. It works great I tells ya that!!! LOL. However, it does have a slight odor to it. I can only describe the odor as burnt plastic? But its slight. Still a bit offputting though. I would still repurchase this item, for some reason I love the NYX line.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by okk

this works at a good setting powder.
it does not give a great coverage but it does control shine and oil.
i am around N15, and i use the lightest shade and the colour matches very well.
the texture of the powder is super soft and apply smoothly on face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 9:15:00 AM More reviews by sizza911

This does not work at all for me on its own. As a finishing powder it is just OK. I have the lightest shade and it is a pretty good match. Wear on me is just average, it doesn't seem to oxidize which is a plus. My biggest complaint is the amount of product you get. I hit pan on this quickly despite somewhat sparing use as a light finishing powder. I checked the amount and discovered that the NYX compact contains only .26oz. By comparison, my favorite Lancôme Dual finish powder contains .67oz-- nearly three times as much! So, while up front, the NYX seems like a better buy, it really isn't considering how fast I go through it. I definitely won't repurchase when I'm finished with this compact, which will be pretty soon.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh dear, where to begin. I have had this for a few months but always used it as a finishing powder instead of a foundation. Today, I had to run a quick errand and buffed this on instead of using liquid foundation. Oh man, this is the worst powder foundation I have ever tried. I look like I am wearing stage makeup or a powder mask or something. The powder clung to all my dry skin and fine lines..agh, it is just horrible. I will use this up but I will never replace it. It made me look like a monster. I cannot recommend it to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by KJette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have NC20/NC25 skin with yellowish undertones and I bought this foundation in the shade 'Natural'. I think I hit the jackpot because the shade is a great match for my skin.

I bought both this product and the L'Oreal True Match powder foundation to see which one I liked best. The L'Oreal powder foundation felt heavier on my skin and more cakey. The NYX Stay Matte felt light and refreshing. Also, the colour of the NYX was more vibrant and healthy looking.

The powder goes on very smoothly and provides surprisingly good coverage when you use the sponge it comes with. It's more of a medium coverage, which works for me. It does an amazing job at evening out my skin tone in a natural way. If you're looking for full on hardcore coverage, this may let you down. I find it sometimes catches on dry skin, but as long as you moisturize then it's no problem at all. Lasting power is also impressive, I can go a whole work day without touching up.

The packaging is sleek and very MAC looking, the only bummer is the tiny little plastic tab that you have to use to get at the sponge compartment. It's so small! If I had short fingernails I wouldn't be able to lift it, and even having slightly longer fingernails is problematic because if I'm not careful I jab the powder with my nail and lose a small chunk of it. In the grand scheme of things though, I forgive the packaging annoyance because I love the product.

If your skin is relatively clear and not too dry (and if you find a good colour match) this product is wonderful and I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by kblimm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was on sale and figured I would give it a try. I bought the stay matte but not flat foundation to go with it as well. I think both are WONDERFUL. They make my skin look super smooth, and this stuff lasts during my 7 hour work day!