October 23, 2014 | 1765 users online

Powder - NYX - Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Erika813

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this as a powder to go over my foundation or bb cream. I think it is a great medium coverage powder. I love that it looks like my actual skin. To me it had a natural look and feel and matches my skin great (I use soft beige). When my face is clearer I use it with my hope in a jar A to Z bb cream and benefit porefessional primer. When I need a little more coverage I use it with benefit primer and maybelline dream wonder fluid (which seems to cover most imperfections).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by drbrn_grl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is just an okay setting powder. It really doesn't do anything to control the oil on my face. By lunchtime, my forehead and nose are just as oily as if I didn't use any powder at all. I usually love most NYX products, but I think there are better drugstore setting powders.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by BelindaKovalskaya

This powder is so primitive, I tried it on my hands in target and it looked ok, but when I actually powdered my face with it, I noticed that it wasn't matte, contrary to the name, it's shiny and flat. This is such a cheap product, it brings out any imperfections you have, and it doesn't have any coverage, if you try to build it up, don't, because it just makes your face look cakey

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I like this a lot but it does feel slightly thick and heavy on the skin, does not look heavy just feels that way. For the look and coverage it gives I will continue to use, I wish it kept my oil at bay but it does not . I get shiny just as quick as I would with a liquid.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I do not care for this at all. I was on the hunt for a new powder foundation, thought I would give this a try. It just makes my face look dull and lifeless. Since it IS a powder foundation, that was how I was initially using it. I tried many different application methods and tools. It covers ok. I also tried using it as a finishing powder, hoping that I could find a way to make it work and get some use out of it. I tried on and off many times. Yesterday, I used it again. Looked in the mirror at work and in the car and thought "Why? Why am I trying to make this work when it looks so bad on me?" So finally, I threw it away. So I'm not tempted to wear it again. (It also oxidizes on me pretty badly)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

I think the reason this product has had bad reviews here is because people are using it as foundation. This is a great setting powder on par with other HD setting powders but not as good as MAC's. I like this product for highlighting. I bought the lightest Ivory which is one shade lighter than my skin and I use it under my eyes over my concealer. It is very light and it needs to be applied with a brush and or a bulb sponge. I really like this powder but thinking it is a foundation will disappoint as it is on the sheer side. Probably the best powder for the price in the drugstore. It is very fine and silky.Also if your skin is super oily this will not work. I guess it is a good product but not what it claims.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The shade I got has a lot of yellow in it so I like it for that reason. But the rest of it.... meh. It's kinda I don't know.. sits on top of your face... makes you look like you have powder on. I use a light hand too and it still is too much. Not finely milled... I just am not impressed. And it's expensive for NYX especially.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by meilinhart21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is quite good for oily skin like me, and the texture is feel so light on my face, but doesn't have good coverage,if i use it from morning to night it's ruin very quickly and the color is not suit well on my skin, i pick natural shade, and it's too yellow on my face, it's make my yellow skin look more yellow.

Good:
- light texture
-Have a matte look on ur face
-Good on oily skin

Bad:
- Too yellow for asian skin
-Doesn't have good coverage
-Doesn't last longger on ur face

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, I'm just going to get the one good thing out of the way, the packaging; it's modern, practical, and fairly durable for the price point of the product. Now for the many downsides of the product. The biggest turnoff is the almost instant oxidation, I couldn't believe how fast that occured. Next would be the terrible application and coverage, it goes on like chalk and covers hardly anything at all. Then, you have the fact that it only stays matte for about 15 minutes at best, in fact you may not even be done applying the rest of your makeup before this starts looking oily, it's really that bad. All in all it was a complete waste, and I would not recommend to anyone who has a similar skin type to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I have my reservations when it comes to this product. I don't like a product that I can feel on my face and this is one of them, use lightly. It works great I tells ya that!!! LOL. However, it does have a slight odor to it. I can only describe the odor as burnt plastic? But its slight. Still a bit offputting though. I would still repurchase this item, for some reason I love the NYX line.