NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

3.1

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 9/1/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like to have a pressed powder compact handy for quick shine touch ups and occasionally to set my under-eye concealer. Grabbing the package off the shelf I had not realized it was powder foundation; but I'm glad I bought it!

While applying with a damp sponge there were a few spots I had to blend with my finger to remove a powdery film. Otherwise it was blendable, afforded an even and light finish, color was good (light-medium worked for me). I waited for it to set expecting a mask-like look to set in - never happened. Brightened up my look a bit.

I've only used a similar product by Lancôme, which was cakey and dull and made me look sick. By comparison, this product is an absolute godsend.

The finish lasted all day.

on 8/18/2015 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wouldn't call this a powder foundation as the coverage isn't there. However, it's a great if you're not looking for huge amounts of coverage. I can even out my skin tone with this but definitely need to use concealer. Somehow, this powder makes my skin look really good even though the finish looks like I haven't applied any powder. It doesn't even leave a smoothed finish but still it strangely makes my skin look good! Also, the oil control is the best I've ever had with a powder. This is a major plus for me as my forehead usually starts looking oily in an hour. It also definitely won't make your skin look flat - just matte!

on 8/14/2015 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Pros- Good coverage, nice finish, I liked it. I agree with everything positive about this foundation in other reviews.

Cons- Very limited color selection. Good luck matching. I don't have a *good* match in this. Packaging is terrible IMO, it falls apart so easily.

The other thing I really do not like about this foundation is that it is actually not a great value if you do the math. It's $10, but you get considerably less product. Compared to MAC Studio Fix, you get double the amount of product with MAC. MAC has .52 US oz. compared to .26 oz. with the NYX. I run out of this stuff SO fast. EL's Double Wear powder comes with .40 oz. in their compacts. I bought this twice and hit pan in less than a month both times. Bottom line, you do save just a little money when compared to MAC, but just a little, and the MAC offers better coverage, a better compact and a WAY better color selection. Soo... the moral of my story is this: Not a bad product, but not worth the many trips to the store to restock (not to mention the extra packaging waste) compared to its competition.

on 7/28/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I love this powder (Medium beige)! I have used Studiofix (C4) for the past few years and can say I will not go back. This compact is matte and sets right in. The coverage over concealer and/or foundation is perfect. I have combination skin and acne prone (this did not break me out) The price also helps :) Def a must try...

on 7/23/2015 10:42:00 PM

Love the idea of powder foundation for a quick makeup in the morning. This actually looked good on me, not too flat, but I broke out every time I wore it. The last time I tried it, I wore only the powder, just to see if that was the cause. Three hours later, I had little pimples all around my face. Wish I'd kept the receipt, because I can't use it now.

on 7/23/2015 9:34:00 PM

Did not work for me. The color natural is very yellow. Lots of fall out when used with a brush.

on 7/17/2015 9:52:00 PM

Unfortunately I bought this in the wrong color. My complexion is a light/fair with pink undertones. I bought this on the Ulta website in Nude. It certainly looked like it was light with pink undertones on the site but unfortunately in reality it is very yellow and definitely does not match my skin at all, at least not as a powder foundation. I decided to use this as a light dusting powder as the coverage is really nice. That is one thing that I hate about buying foundations/powders/concealers online as the shades are never true to life. Well at least for me they aren't. Pigmentation is very good and if I could find this in my true color match, I would definitely repurchase!

on 7/11/2015 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I don't really wear high coverage foundation so I find this perfect for myself. It leaves my skin looking really soft and smooth but it's not super great at oil control. It's fine, I have no problem with reapplying. I also use it as a setting powder for when I do wear foundation or BB cream and it's great for that too! Good price!! I'd buy again! I bought the shade Warm Beige and it matches well with my tan skin.

on 7/6/2015 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ok you guys, I wore this over the weekend (July 4th and 5th) in blazing hot weather... I'm talking about 102 degrees! I played golf both days under the merciless sun and I stayed matte all day. I was literally in shock when I checked myself in the mirror at the end of the day. And let me tell you, I have the OILIEST nose on this planet, like people literally tell me my nose is sweating. I pretty much just accepted it, because I've tried $60 powders with no success, until now. I also tried a lighter shade to set my undereyes and it worked amazing there too. The powder does not separate, when it fades at the end of the day, it does so without looking blotchy. Many people compare this to MAC's Studio Fix Plus foundation powder but that powder has more coverage, which leads to the cakey-ness that it tends to turn into. I also find it unsuitable for the undereye area. I might put this as a cross between MAC's Studio Fix Plus foundation powder and their Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, because MSF is less coverage and has a subtle radiance. But the MSF powder turns Horribly blotchy and has bismuth oxychloride. Bismuth oxychloride is disastrous for sensitive skin. I thought I had horrible acne for years but found out that bismuth oxychloride was the culprit. It has to do with its molecule structure, which resembles arsenic. This NYX powder is much more natural looking, which is a pro when you're setting your liquid foundation. Remember that if you have large pores. Try using a powder puff or dry sponge and press the powder into your skin to fill the pores. Then you can very lightly dust off the powder with a VERY soft brush, like baby soft brush, so you don't disturb all the work you did before hand.

on 6/19/2015 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore this powder foundation!!! I cannot say enough good about it. I have combination to oily skin with yellow undertones. The finish is super natural, I carry it with me to reapply it when I need it. I use it with a primer or milk of magnesia as a primer to control better my oily T-zone, especially in summer time.
The medium beige shade (SMP06) is a perfect match for my NC25 summer skin. I love the fact that the web site tells you for each shade which undertones it has; that made it so much easier to find my perfect match; I wish all cosmetics companies would do this! and that should be written on the packaging too. The price point is great, very affordable. I just love it, sadly it's difficult to get in Canada since Target went away :'-( I have one backup left.