Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15.0%, Zinc Oxide 10.0% Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Tricaprylin, Magnesium Silicate, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

on 6/29/2015 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought the in beige. This stuff makes my skin glow and look flawless. I hate foundation but I like powders and would like something to give me a little sheer coverage. I'm surprised at the coverage on this and it's buildable. I wear it every day. I apply with a kabuki brush. It's silky and gives a little glow/sheen. But not too much. Everytime I look in a mirror throughout the day my skin looks radiant. Must be this stuff lol.

I like this better than Bare Minerals or any other mineral powder I've tried. I will def repurchase. The only issue I had was the lid broke off and I've had this problem with other Physician Formula products.

on 6/28/2015 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the shade transparent which is too light for me, I have a light to light medium complexion. I think this foundation is nice but not the best for my oily skin.

I like to use this foundation for days where I just need light/light-medium coverage and when I won't be wearing the foundation for a long time. I can get away with wearing it for maybe 5 hours on a good day before it starts to just look terrible. During the summer it starts to get noticeably more oil on me so I can only really use this during the cooler months.

I apply it on with a kabuki brush. It helps even out your skin tone, brighten your face and reduce the look of your pores. This foundation has no oil control so if you have oily skin you definitely should set it with a oil control powder, the one I use is the MAC blot powder. I also use this as my concealer, I just get a concealer brush and apply more product on the spots that need concealing. It's great for brightening the under eyes.

I haven't had any breakouts with this foundation which is great considering that I'm acne-prone.

Overall, nice foundation. It's not the best for oily skin so I wouldn't repurchase but I'll try to use up my current one. If you have normal skin and are looking for light/light-medium coverage I would recommend this for you.

on 6/12/2015 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm loving this product. It's not *totally* perfect, but it's a high SPF powder foundation at a reasonable price, which is great. I layer this over my regular facial sunscreen and it provides light to medium coverage and takes down the shine a bit, but doesn't look totally flat like some powders do. I didn't nail the color selection the first time around -- I have a golden light-medium skin tone and the "creamy natural" color is a bit too pale and pinkish for me, but I make do by adding the coordinating bronzer (also SPF 30) over my hairline, the bridge of my nose, and my cheekbones and blending well. Next time I'll try the "beige" color, I guess. Anyway, I'm basically compulsive about piling on SPF since I spend a lot of time outdoors and live in an area where it's sunny year-round, and this helps me feel extra protected. Love, love, love the high zinc content, which gives the best broad spectrum coverage. I must admit the downsides: it can look cakey if you apply it with a heavy hand, and the brush in it is so bad (scratchy and sparse) that I refuse to use it. I use a flat-top Sonia Kashuk brush to apply and blend. If it gets cakey, wrapping some tissue around your hand and gently blotting will take care of it. Will repurchase, and might give some to my sisters as gifts, I like it so much.

I picked up this powder the other day, I love physicians formula, I use their eyeliner, mascara, tinted moisturizer, etc. Recently I gave up on liquid foundation of any kind because it never matches my actual akin tone no matter the brand or shade, or it leaves me a blotchy mess in a matter of hours. So I opted for powder foundation. I have never used a powder as a foundation before purchasing this product, always just to set liquid makeup. This powder goes on silky, blends pretty well, and gives my skin a satin finish, which I really like because I feared looking too matte. I've used it both on its own and over my tinted moisturizer. On its own, it looks really natural but doesn't offer as much coverage for my red cheeks and brows. With tinted moisturizer under it it offers much more coverage, but doesn't stay put as well. I believe this is because as the moisturizer fades, the powder goes with it. I'm going to try it again with a face primer instead of the tinted moisturizer and see how it works. Overall, I'm pretty content with my purchase.

on 5/15/2015 11:42:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This review is for PF Mineral Wear Talc-free Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30 in Translucent: I am 50 and of Irish descent with lots of skin cancers in my family - therefore I ALWAYS apply a zinc oxide (non-chemical) based sunscreen - rain or shine, summer or winter. Some of the sunscreens (often on top of vitamin C serum) give me too much shine. This product in a sturdy compact (I rarely use the enclosed brush) is the best to-go powder I have found that protects, looks good, doesn't crumble if bumped around in my bag, is easy to find at Target, lasts a long time, and doesn't cost too much. I use a big powder brush, tap off excess, and apply lightly all over. I don't really count on it for sun protection, it's more like an extra dusting of protection over my spf 30 sunscreen.

The color of the compact reminds me of a bridesmaid dress I had to wear in the early 90's, but the good news is I can always spot it on the bathroom counter I share with 3 teenagers and in my to-go makeup bag.

My daughter even asked for one of her own.

EWG rating: 3
Beautypedia rating: Best
MakeupAlley: 71% would repurchase

on 5/12/2015 11:06:00 AM

While this product did not work out for me, I do think it is a great, affordable powder with a high spf of 30. I have this in the translucent and it just did not agree with my large pores and wrinkles. The airbrushing effect, the "sheen" highlighted all my skin's imperfections and made my combination skin look chalky. I tried many different applications and could not get this to look good on me.

on 4/25/2015 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really love this brand. I have oily light skin in winter months since don't indoor tan anymore. I have blemish free skin but oily. Makes my face tone even. I wear little make up, going to work I just brush some on and have it on, keeps my face most of the day from that oily look. When I go out I put a mousse foundation and use a large brush instead of the one included and apply all over. For me it works great ! And I do have semi sensitive skin. Little pricey but if you want quality that's what it costs. My fave make up line is MAC and I've switch from their powders to this it's half the price and works just as well! Only flaw is I wish I could match the colour at the store but Walmart carries it and they have a large collection and if you pick a tone that is completely off from yours you can go return and them them it's not correct and there's no hassle! Love it give it a try they have large line of products to choose from!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really want to like this product...it is one of the physicians formula powders that is not too pink and/or too dark (I am talking to you, BB powder) and the texture to touch is really really creamy. But...
1. It does something bad to my skin. It was not very obvious at first, but after a week of use there were much more breakouts on my face. (I actually very rarely actually get breakout...but this just manage to do that to me...)
2. The "airbrushing" part (the sheen) emphasizes every little imperfection on my face that I don't even know. I am young (look at the age division) and my skin is in general in pretty good condition but this powder just emphasizes every dry patch (that I don't even know) and break outs (caused by this powder) on my face. It is just...not a good look.
3. I tried it every way...on bare skin, over sheer foundation and over full coverage foundation, and it is just...chalky. No matter what brush I use or what the application method I try, it just leaves a visible (I mean it, I can see the dust of the powder) layer of powder on my face. I even tried to use my fingers to help blending but it just...doesn't work. The chalkiness and the shine somehow (I don't even know how) makes my skin look dry and shiny at the same time...just terrible.
4. The packaging. I first thought that the mirror on the bottom is pretty handy until the hinge broke...and then the whole pan just sat there and....it was bad.
Bottom line: I tossed it.

on 2/2/2015 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This powder is pretty lovely. I like the feel of it, as well as the finish. It leaves my face looking pretty natural with just a light sweep over my BB cream and concealer. On days that I just want to quickly get out of the house I wear this powder.

I can't think of really any negative thing about this powder besides the claims of SPF 30. If you really look into how they determine what SPF something is, then this would be classified as not even having an SPF in my opinion. Layered over a moisturizer, a foundation, both with some SPF, then this, sure it could help, but not on it's own. I try to be good and never leave the house without some protection from the sun, but I would never leave the house wearing just this and expect to be "protected".

Other than that, it doesn't break me out, it feels nice and soft, and it's a great basic powder.

on 11/11/2014 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this powder! I have normal skin that gets just slightly oily in the t-zone throughout the day, but my nose is also dry/flakey. I wanted a setting powder that wasn't super matte because I like a more natural/satin finish and I am not concerned about oil control. I'm MAC NW15 (in mineralize foundation) and I bought this powder in Creamy Natural. The color looks great on me, not too dark. I apply with a fluffy powder brush over foundation and it looks beautiful. I also apply more heavily over BB cream and can get some coverage from this powder. The powder doesn't cling to/accentuate my dry skin but also takes most of my shine away. It doesn't look powdery and cakey on the skin like most powders do. My only complaint is the packaging: it's very bulky and feels fragile. I like that it comes with a little brush for convenience on the go, but the brush storage compartment bigger than necessary and adds to the bulk.