December 17, 2014 | 1693 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by rby82589

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! I have normal skin that gets just slightly oily in the t-zone throughout the day, but my nose is also dry/flakey. I wanted a setting powder that wasn't super matte because I like a more natural/satin finish and I am not concerned about oil control. I'm MAC NW15 (in mineralize foundation) and I bought this powder in Creamy Natural. The color looks great on me, not too dark. I apply with a fluffy powder brush over foundation and it looks beautiful. I also apply more heavily over BB cream and can get some coverage from this powder. The powder doesn't cling to/accentuate my dry skin but also takes most of my shine away. It doesn't look powdery and cakey on the skin like most powders do. My only complaint is the packaging: it's very bulky and feels fragile. I like that it comes with a little brush for convenience on the go, but the brush storage compartment bigger than necessary and adds to the bulk.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by evieglenn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This natural looking powder is perfect for achieving a dewy look. I love it for brightening up my under eye area. It's a bit too shimmery for areas where my skin isn't perfectly smooth, so I put it where I want a highlight (under my eyes, cheekbones, and cupids bow). It provides a medium to light coverage depending on how you apply (use a dry or damp sponge for more coverage). Overall I love this powder but I wouldn't use it as a powder foundation unless I had perfect skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Jackierose1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this! I keep this in my purse for easy touch ups during the day. I am a liquid foundation girl, but, on very hot days, or lazy days this is perfect. It covers beautifully, high coverage for a powder. Nice glow, not chalky or powdery. It covers all my redness, looks natural but flawless. I've never been so impressed with a powder foundation, and I've tried kat von d, BE, BE ready, and mac. The only downside is the packaging, it's bulky, breaks easily, and I hate when they have brushes in compacts, feels wasteful.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Dowty50

Let me start off buy saying I've tried EVERYTHING high end low end you name it to try to cover up my acne and scarring. A year ago I discovered "pur minerals pressed powder" was my HG for the longest time but it never really matched me and was 27$!! I stumbled upon this a few weeks ago looking for something that wouldn't break me out, offer the coverage I needed(full) and cheaper than pur minerals. Well I FOUND IT with this product I was AMAZED veryyyy similar to put minerals but less than half the price! Amazing! This is also great for acne prone skin, no fragrance, talc, parabins or anything like that! Looking for light weight, natural looking full coverage that only takes SECONDS to apply. This is it give it a try I'm telling you you won't be disappointed

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Lisa_Marie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the everything about this except that the lightest one is too dark for my fair skin. Love the SPF aspect.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by twisted_prncess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just started using this because of a 30% off sale at a local drug store. I have been an avid user of MAC studio FX for my combination skin, but wanted to try something lighter feeling. I bought this stuff as a first try into the world of mineral makeup and I must say, I LOVE it. It feels lightweight, it looks like satin and although it does have a very subtle glow to it, it does stay matte ALL day. The coverage is very good, and buildable, so someone like me who does not like wearing heavy foundation can play with it on a need-by-need basis. This stuff is beautiful. It looks beautiful and feels beautiful on my skin. It is makeup that I feel my skin loves to have on it. I love the ingredients and it has not caused any problems for my skin whatsoever. I would highly recommend anyone to give this a try.

Packaging: I use the brush it came with, but will admit it is not the best applicator. I could see a larger brush being much faster and better. I have even read that some have used a sponge, which could also be easily stored in place of the brush it comes with under the mirror. It is slightly bulky packaging, but with touch-ups barely needed, I will take the bad with the overwhelming good in this.

Update: I swapped the brush with a larger, softer and more full kabuki brush and I find application much more efficient.

I have tried Physician's Formula before and my skin did not like it... but THIS stuff is, in a word, beautiful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

This was very chalky and powdery looking on the skin. My skin seemed more oily when using as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used the other powder from them and I do like this one better. And I do love the color of the packaging but one thing about Physicians Formula is the actual quality of the plastic they use sucks. The compact itself is too big and the hinge ALWAYS breaks. Every single one i have gotten its broke. BUT the makeup itself is pretty darn good. Not too cakey and heavy.. just right !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by apk2

I bought this because I ran out of my MAC MSF natural and didn't want to pay the hefty price. I saw that physicians formula was having a 40% off sale and decided to pick it up and give it a try. This is a very finely milled powder and is very comparable to the MSF. The only difference I can see is the colour selection and that this is more "glowy" so if you hate shimmer on your face you will not like it. I usually wear medium in the MAC MSF and with this, I wear Creamy Natural and it is a pretty good match for me but a bit more rosy toned than my naturally warm Asian skin. So far I really like it as it hasn't broken me out and performs just like the MSF. I'll most likely go buy the regular mineral wear pressed powder next time it goes on sale for days I don't want such a glowy look. Overall, I'm really satisfied with this purchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by R3drjs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for a while just sitting in my shelf because it was too light for me when I initially purchased it, but I thought I would try it since my skin has been much fairer this time around. I HATE this stuff!!!! It gets super cakey really easily and it doesn't leave your skin looking smooth or airbrushed at all. My face looked so splotchy and weird and I had to use my fingers to wipe away the excess powder. I looked like a weird plastic doll and it sank into my smile lines-big no no!! I've been using Macs studio finish powder foundation prior and I don't know why I ever doubted it lol sticking to MAC! !