Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch - Ivory

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan I Sostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesiumsulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoylglutamate, Methyl - Paraben, Acrylates Copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilarecutita Extract / Matricaria Flower Extract. May Containr: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this under-eye concealer after hearing a lot of girls brag about how much they loved the product. I have to say I agree with them. This really is a beautiful highlight for under the eyes. It is light and illuminating and it brightens up the face. You do need to blend it quickly though. I just twist the end of the tube and dab the product underneath both eyes and then blend it in with a sponge/beauty blender and it conceals dark circles and brightens the under eye area. This definitely adds a glow to the skin. It is not heavy, does not have a scent, and a little goes a long way. It leaves a beautiful finish and stays put all day. I haven't had any problems with breakouts and my skin is sensitive and acne-prone. I would recommend this product to a friend. I will definitely be repurchasing!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing!!! I use the shade Radiant.

I love this as a highlighter and use it over my concealer to brighten. I also use it on the bridge of my nose and chin and forehead. It stays put all day and brightens really nicely.

I tried the Loreal Magic lumi and Mac prep and prime in radiant rose and both can't compare to the maybelline. The Loreal was way too greasy and watery. The Mac separated throughout the day and looked really gross on top of my foundation. The maybelline one is lovely - has a gel like texture and blends like a dream. It doesn't dry too fast so you can take your time when blending . It doesn't separate on my face like the Mac does and it's not greasy like the Loreal. It's not super matte but it's def not dewy.. Just in between and perfect.

This is seriously a gem at the drugstore and I am very picky.

on 5/31/2015 6:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I've been using this concealer for quite some time now and I love it. It totally covers my dark circles and also does a fair job of covering my blemishes and red spots. I would definitely recommend this product to friends.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I've been on the search for a good drugstore under eye concealer. I find most to be too heavy and they crease easily. This doesn't crease on me at all. Its not as bright as I want (I have very fair skin) but I just set it with a light powder underneath to brighten it up. I also like to use it as an eye shadow primer.

on 4/30/2015 10:08:00 PM

Okay so I made a MakeupAlley account so I can review this product... I saw a lot of negative reviews on here and I was pretty surprised! I'm on my third purchase of this product because I seriously love it. I'm a young woman on a budget and this stuff really does it for the price you pay. I bought this after a friend suggested this as a cheaper alternative to Le Touche Eclat by YSL. I was new to "highlighting" my face so I wanted to start off with something inexpensive.
I use this everyday and I take it around with me wherever I go... If your makeup needs a little pick me up throughout the day you should try this out! I reapply if I am going out to meet friends after work and I look refreshed. It blends really well with my other makeup and doesn't look fake at all.
I'm usually a skeptic when it comes to drug store makeup but this one really surprised me. Try it under the eye, bridge of the nose, cupids bow and under the chin. Pretty glowly look that ya can't beat for the price. ;)

on 3/3/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't think this is the right color for very fair skin. A bit yellow and doesn't really knock out the existing dark circle discoloration under the eyes, so doesn't end up doing much. The formula is OK.

on 3/1/2015 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this concealer, with it's "illuminating" properties, but it just fell flat for me. Although it did an average job concealing the circles under my eyes, I felt it dried very quickly upon application, making it difficult to distribute properly. I did not notice ant illuminating effect at all. Not very impressed. Would not re-purchase or recommend.

I love this concealer! Dream Lumi Touch definitely impressed me as an undereye concealer.
Usually, I don't bother with undereye products; I found many concealers very heavy, cakey, and difficult to successfully blend. From what I saw on YouTube, Dream Lumi Touch has impressed many gurus, so I was curious whether this product was worth the hype.
While this concealer didn't explicitly label itself as an undereye product, I used it for my undereye area. I don't have the worst dark circles, but foundation sometimes isn't enough to fully cover them. This concealer has excellent coverage; it easily blends to complete coverage in one layer. I don't see my dark circles at all. The finish of this concealer is a bit satiny, hence the "Lumi" in the title. It gives my undereye area a very refreshed glow, which I am sure makes my face look fuller and more awake. This is why I was allocating this concealer as an exclusively undereye product; personally, I prefer more matte concealers for my blemishes or redness.
Having yellow-toned skin, I really appreciated that this concealer is warm-toned. Pink concealers look so unnatural on me, and it's always a guessing game attempting to find a concealer that will match my undertones. This one is purely yellow-based. I find it awesome, but I know that it might not work for everyone.
I'm pale-toned, so I chose Ivory as my shade. It's slightly lighter than my skintone. I appreciated that a lot, but I'm sure that I could have also gone down a shade and it would have looked great as well. Here, I get an illuminated effect; it's lighter than my skin tone. It still looks beautiful, but I'm sure that there is some flexibility with which tints can fit a skintone.
This concealer has a nice texture; not too liquidy, but not very thick, either. It dries within a matter of seconds, and sets without powder. It's on the drier side in turns of finish, but it's not overly dry or overly sticky either...it's just right.
Dream Lumi Touch is not a cakey concealer. You can definitely overapply it, because it's very buildable, to the point where it does look cakey, but when used sparingly, it has a nice, even finish. I haven't had any problems with it settling into any fine lines.
Its staying power is impeccable. I have makeup on for about 20 hours a day, and Dream Lumi Touch has not failed me at any time. I couldn't rub it off, it doesn't smudge or flake. That was probably the most convincing part of this concealer.
The applicator worked surprisingly well. Twist top concealers have been a hit or miss for me; I was very happy with this one. It wasn't hard to control how much came out, and I haven't had problems with the applicator getting stuck. Unfortunately, the lettering on the packaging was not very durable; it got scratched off almost completely to the point where I wasn't able to tell the name of the concealer...oh well.
As for price, it's somewhat pricey for a drugstore concealer; I paid $9 for it. However, it's so worth it; the quality is incredible for a drugstore undereye concealer, I definitely recommend it!

on 1/18/2015 3:13:00 AM

This is my go to concealer! I use this for the undereye area and also as cover up in the event of the odd red mark anywhere on my face. If I had one complaint about this, it is the amount of product you get. This concealer doesn't last very long because you don't get very much product. That is my only gripe with this concealer.

I apply it using my beauty blender and it never goes cakey or settles in fine lines. The overall effect is a nice radiance around the eye area and it also does a thoroughly decent job at covering minor marks and blemishes.

I have used a similar product by Clarins (can't remember the exact name), but this does the same job for a fraction of the price. I always repurchase as I haven't found anything better!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Horrible. Was excited to try it because I heard it was great at brightening under eyes but when I used it, it looked extremely thick and cakey, yet it barely covered my dark circles at all? If you like the very obvious concealer look, this may be for you. Very strange, over-hyped product.