July 28, 2014 | 2083 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Icesya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is my first primer (and my first review on MUA too). at first this primer did not work for me at all. i used it after Simple mosturizer. it flaked and pilled on me. my face looked so dry and aged!!! after putting it away for a couple of weeks, i decided to try it again, this time after Neutrogena mosturizer. it worked very well and the application was very smooth!! my makeup lasts and my foundation did not oxidize on top of it. i was in love!!! there's a little bit of problen with it though, dont use more than a pea size!! i wanted my face to look flawless for a wedding especially when my face was recovering from acne. i put 3 pumps of this primer in order to smooth my acne bumps and my face became sooo dry and my foundation application was not smooth at all. even when i mosturised well beforehand with my trusty neutrogena mosturizer. for me, this primer is more for making my makeup lasts and it does even out my skin tone a little bit(because of its pink tint). but definitely not for evening out skin texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by imadesphousewife

Holy Grail Status, love this stuff! I had been using Rimmel 001 for the longest time, and don't get me wrong, it's a great primer. But this stuff, for my complexion (ruddy on the cheeks, dark circles, a blemish or two, and "teastained" eyelids" this stuff works SO MUCH BETTER!

I use it over my moisturizer cream, which is just the St. Ives I've used forever. I also use the Photoready Eye Primer as well, and will review that also.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 6:00:00 AM More reviews by MademoiselleVii

This is a great primer if you're looking into something more budget. I received it as an sample and fell in love with it instantly and decided to buy it. The normal cost of it is around $22AUD and I bought it for $14AUD while it was on sale. It's easy to apply (I prefer to use a foundation brush to apply it) and it does not feel heavy on the face. However, just one tiny thing, it made my face look quite matte after foundation and powder. I prefer to have my face look more natural after makeup, to have that 'no makeup' look. However, this is just a minor thing, I don't really mind the look of it as the main thing is, it lasts! My skin is a combination type with very oily forehead, T-section and nose. With other primers, my forehead would become oily after only 2 hours. With this, my forehead would only become oily after 7-8 hours! Which is wonderful considering the price of the product is quite cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by meld2501985

This is my all time favorite primer. it is more pricy then other primers and the pump is very annoying when it gets down to the bottom I have to rip the top off and scoop out the rest. for the price I want to use every last drop buy its worth it my skin looks even I have very red complexion and dark circles under my eyes and this just makes everything smoother and more even love love love it

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by aimeexo

In short, this is an okay primer. To be fair, I am EXTREMELY picky and still have not found my HG primer after trying over a dozen high end and drugstore brands... Definitely not for winter as my skin is combination and it sticks to the flakes of dry skin. This is the primer I use when I'm doing nothing/going nowhere, just for my quick casual makeup.

PROS:
- I love the silky velvety texture
- the scent is very subtle
- minimizes my pores a lot more than a lot of primers I've tried
- makes my skin feel softer after applying makeup
- makeup applies smoothly

CONS:
- it has a subtle pink undertone which causes my face to appear slightly more pink which I don't want
- HORRID if you have dry skin. In the winter I tend to get dry patches and the second I applied this primer it made them all stand out
- packaging: after using, some product remains in the pump, so next time you use it there's a chunk of dry product that comes out of the pump... Annoying
- doesn't really prolong the wear of my makeup

Overall, I will not buy again. Still on the hunt for a perfect primer...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by chadias

No matter which foundation or application method I used, it just made the foundation look worse than wearing it by itself. I was so disappointed I just gave it away.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2014 6:33:00 AM More reviews by Lalasmooch

This primer is really expensive for drugstore so I expected great things. Sadly it didn't really live up to my expectations.

PROS: very lightweight! Hardly feels or looks like you're wearing it at all. Goes on very smooth, almost like conditioner.

CONS: Simply put it's just not a good primer. For the price I expected it to help my makeup last all say long, it really only lasted a couple of hours more then when I don't prime. Wouldn't waste the money again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by polmaysaund

This made my foundation look so bad, I couldn't blend anything on top of this it made it so difficult. I persevered with it and found the bottle lasts for about a month which is bad considering the price. I also find it has a weird smell... Wouldn't recommend

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by hannahlarson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you have dry, sensitive skin, then this is NOT the primer for you. It's very mattifying so it's definitely not for the "glowing" look. And by the 3rd day, it had broke my skin out terribly. You may could use this with oily skin, but stay away if you have dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Afeezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought this primer worked pretty good BUT it started to break me out after a weeks use. I've never had a face product break me out before. Also kind of expensive for drugstore.