October 22, 2014 | 1154 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by cornishcanary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i bought the smashbox try it kit in light because i've seen some really good reviews of smashbox products. i have to say i'm very disappointed with the bb cream as it sinks into my pores and accentuates them and gives a kind of chalky finish to my skin. I immediately cleansed my skin so i can't say how long it lasted. The halo powder, although supposedly the light shade, left my face looking an attractive shade of orange.
I have tried much cheaper products and found them to give a much better finish. Bring back the original Dermalogica sheer tint moisturiser! Has anyone found anything to substitute that product?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Are you looking for a product that goes on moist and makes you look wet instead of dewy? Are you looking for a product that wipes entirely off your skin if you lightly blow your nose, attempt to change into a shirt that doesn't have an extremely wide neck or try to lightly apply powder over it to tame that wet look and make it last more than a few hours on your face? Well, Smashbox heard your wish and created this BB cream. Rejoice! Or don't. I certainly didn't.

I'm no longer annoyed about what a flop this is, but I'm still baffled by its existence. One of the worst products I've ever sampled. The sample color was way too dark and orange, but I ain't even mad about that. It's not an issue given how bad this product is.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Brookeybrooke43

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Soo I just bought this this week. I definitely would not wear this without a foundation on top; it just looks too smeary and imperfect without something on top. I think it works OK like that. So if you're expecting it to make you look gorgeous with nothing else, I don't think this is the product. For the price, it doesn't really "wow" me. I only decided to try this because I've always liked Smashbox primers. (And I was on a makeup impulse shopping spree.) I probably wouldn't buy this again. I don't feel like my face looks any better with this product. It's kind of fun to have hope every time I put it on though.....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

I got a sample of this BB Cream from Sephora (along with the CC Cream, which I'm still trying out) in the shade Light-Neutral. I used the sample until it was gone (and it was fairly generous, IMO), so I feel like I can write a fair review. Although this is not a bad product, I didn't care for it: the color was dark on my NW20 skin (which is weird, because I got the Light-Neutral shade in the CC Cream and it's a perfect match!), and it went on too thickly for my preference. I used my fingers and two different types of brushes to apply it, and I never felt like it looked very natural. (But how could it, being the wrong color? Argh.) I don't have dry skin but this BB cream seemed to emphasize a few spots of flakes, most obviously on the tip of my nose. I will say that the SPF in this product is really good, at 35 it's higher than most face makeup and I never felt the need to wear a separate sunscreen. It was easy to take off with my First Aid Beauty cleanser, and I don't think I got any pimples from it either. However, due to the unnatural look and wrong color, I won't purchase a full size of this BB cream. If you are interested, I highly recommend getting a sample, and hopefully you can get a color match too!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by MeloraRabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think I like this BB Cream. Sounds funny, but I just cannot decide. I usually use a liquid foundation without SPF, because many SPF products make me break out, and Smashbox BB cream has 'em. But overall I like that the "light" shade looks very natural on my, and it doesnt look like Im wearing makeup, yet my flaws although not completely covered are blended and hidden a bit. I usually use Almay liquid foundation, because it was recommended to me by a dermatologist. I like Almay, its light and very inexpensive, but Ive started feeling like it looked a little chalky and flat, I felt like it was making my skin look old and tired. Plus its summer so I decided to switch to Smashbox BB cream that I already had from a sephora holiday special I bought some months back. I use a sponge to apply, and set it with the Make Up Forever HD loose powder.
So far I cannot tell if it is making me break out. If it doesnt, I will continue to use this BB cream. I wish to try Tarte as well, since I am trying to go with more natural/organic beauty products.
Overall this BB cream is easy to wear, looks natural, and has 35 SPF

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by mcgfan

This is just ok. It looks a bit like makeup on my skin, but doesn't cover my redness. Also doesn't feel like skin on- it's a little sticky. I am an NC25 and I got light/neutral. It seems to be a pretty good match but I wish it had just a little more yellow in it as the smashbox foundations are yellow-based. The container is small and easy to stick in your purse so that is nice for touch ups. I won't be rebuying this, though. For the money there are better bb creams and foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Pinkaroma

It's like tinted moisturizer, there was no coverage. I expected more coverage from the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by snugglebunnyjm

Love this. Bought it as part of a Smashbox trial kit with mini versions of the primer and Halo powder. It feels good on my skin, doesn't smell, doesn't make me break out, and I like how my skin looks when I'm done ... dewy and pretty! Way to go, Smashbox!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by FruKluck

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was such a disapointment! The colour, fair, suits my pale (cold toned) skin perfectly but that is no comfort when the product itself is impossible to apply. I have tried to apply it with my fingers, a foundation brush, sponge, you name it. It comes out flaky, streaky and sticks to dry patches like glue. It made my fairly resonable skin look awful.

If you have combination skin with dry patches or acne that is healing. Ask for a sample to take home and really test it out before buying it.

Sorry Smashbox, didn't like this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Kgb0712

Never again. Does not blend well, makes your skin oily after one hour.. My friend also bought one before and said it made her look terrible. Another girl I know used mine for a party and said the same.