Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

on 5/22/2015 1:33:00 PM

The thing I liked about this foundation was the fact that the lighter shades are really light.. and therefore quite good matches for the paler skin ladies out there. Definitely more so than the Smashbox foundation which the MUA told me not to even bother with because they don't start light enough, so anyway I tried the BB cream. Great colour match, and the coverage is good for a BB cream, definitely a thicker formula than many foundations. However, that's pretty much the only good points. It totally dried out my skin, and that was with the moisturising primer that Smashbox sells underneath. I was really unimpressed by this BB cream, it clung to every dry patch particularly around my nose. I'm glad I just got a sample and didn't shell out £27 for this product, Wouldn't recommend to those with normal/dry skin.

on 5/17/2015 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is definitely THE BEST BB cream I have tried! It lasts all day and is my perfect shade. It feels like a moisturizer and has great coverage. I will definitely buy it again.

on 5/4/2015 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am very surprised by this BB cream. The coverage is amazing (for me) and typically Smashbox products haven't performed on my skin or they broke me out. I have found myself reaching for this product over foundation and my other BB creams. I pair it with either a finishing powder and it looks great! It doesn't take much to cover small blemishes or redness and doesn't make my skin dry, flaky, or noticeably oily. It lasts about 8 hours without heavy activity. Overall, I am happy with this BB and will continue to use it.

on 4/26/2015 2:47:00 AM

The only reason I am not currently using this product is because I cannot afford to buy it at the moment. However, it is definitely the best BB cream I have ever bought from Sephora. It looks great on by itself, without concealer and foundation. It also goes on beautifully with a sponge or brush. The best part is that it doesn't make me break out, and that says a lot for my skin. I usually wait five minutes before applying on top of my moisturizer and then adding a coat of my liquid foundation and concealer, along with a finishing powder.

on 4/12/2015 9:20:00 PM

I am very fair and most bb creams are either the wrong shade for me or look nonexistent on my skin. I am loving this bb cream and haven't used regular foundation since I bought this. It stays all day long looking natural. I'm getting compliments and my skin feel smooth amd soft. I have dry skin and it doesn't make you look dry, cake or flakey. I also have very sensitive skin and this hasn't caused a single breakout. This for me is hg.

on 4/7/2015 2:51:00 PM

Not sure why this gets such raves. I've tried several BB creams in the past, this is probably the second American bb cream out of all of them. Despite all the skin benefits bb's are supposed to provide, I'm not sure how much or what this bb really offers. Previously I've enjoyed the Missha M perfect cover for comparison (which appears grayish out of the tube but melds nicely into the skin). To be honest I had this in light which was too light for me (I'm between nc30-35) but I tried it anyway. This provided no coverage and I felt that it sat funny on my skin and enhanced my pores. It was not particularly moisturizing nor drying, but it really didn't do anything for me. Not a fan.

on 4/5/2015 8:47:00 PM

Well it was a hit & miss with this one, I really wanted to love it but when comparing this to my HG Garnier BB cream for oily/combo - this stuff simply can't live up to it. This sinks into my pore, makes me super oily, the colour is horrible I'm either too light or too dark so I had to mix two colours but even then the colour was a bit off. It's really thick too.. I put on a finger tip on both my cheeks, fore head, chin and nose and yikes it still felt heavy! The first time I tried this I washed my face right away. But then I figured I bought this I might as well get the most out of it, I used it at least 1 week straight and could not go anymore as I stated above. I wanted to try the CC cream but after trying this I might just avoid.

on 3/25/2015 1:46:00 PM

I really liked the color, pigmentation and consistency of this BB cream. However, it made my face feel very greasy and oily within a few hours, despite a matte primer and/or powder. I'm not sure if this would be better for those with dry skin, as I have combination, but my face felt uncomfortably greasy (a common issue with some BB creams), so I would not repurchase this, especially due to the price.

on 3/20/2015 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I'm pretty tanned so I'm very wary of using BB creams which have always cast a strange gray tint to my skin. I've used Skin 79 BB cream for a few months in the past before fully realizing it made my skin look dingy and dull. After that I've used Bobby Brown's skin foundation in Warm Honey 5.5, which I've loved and suited my skin tone much better, but now I'm seeking more of a less made up look. I sampled this BB cream in Light/Medium at Sephora and used it for the past few days and I am now #OBSESSED.

It's pretty hydrating, although I put on face moisturizer before I put this on (cause I'm super dry face). A little goes a long way - I use about a pinky nail sized amount and that evens out my skin tone without making it appear I'm a cakeface. It's a really good daytime foundation that provides a slight glow. PLUS, spf 35!

on 3/16/2015 2:03:00 PM

I was so sad to return this product! It looked GREAT on me, but it made me break out like crazy. I'm talking HUGE CYSTS. I stopped using it and immediately began clearing up. Very sad becasue it looked really nice.