March 2, 2015 | 1732 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2015 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Katiemiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product isn't anything too special. It has very light coverage and my dry skin doesn't crack or dry out while wearing it, as long as I properly prep with a moisturizer and primer. I like a little more coverage, so I'm not sure I'd buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2015 2:09:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been wearing this for a solid two months. I was wary to try it because I haven't had good luck with BB creams. For some reason the sunscreen in BB creams tends to break me out--and I don't typically have sensitive skin. And this Smashbox one is heavy on the sunscreen--it even smells like it. But this surprised me by working beautifully for me. Once I was sure it wasn't going to break me out I even started liking the sunscreen scent because it reminds me of summer : ).

I am fortunate to have decent skin, but I find this provides good coverage for most days (if I have something super special going on I will go ahead and use a regular foundation). The best part is that I can set it with a light dusting of powder (I just use the cheapie WnW one) and can typically go all day without having to use an oil blotting sheet. Even my CG RSG needs to be blotted after about 6 hours. I even use Neutrogena Oil Free moisturizer underneath it because my skin is drier in winter.

So this is a total winner for me--good coverage, excellent wear, sun protection that doesn't break me out, and the always wonderful squeeze tube packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2015 11:08:00 PM More reviews by amyeh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I want to love this product - the colour is perfect and the coverage starts off good - but I just can't.

I got this as a sample from Mecca when I went in recently. I have been trying quite a few BB's/tinted moisturisers, and I thought I had found the one when I applied this. It is quite thick, but went on with relative ease and made my skin look amazing.

An hour later though, and it's all patchy and my face looked horrible. My skin looks so dry! I used both a moisturiser and a primer before this, but you'd never know it. From a distance it looks ok, but as soon as you get a bit closer, it's a complete mess. I was hoping to go out tonight with my face still in tact, but there is no chance now. I'll have to go home and take my face off and start again now.

Will definitely not be purchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2015 8:24:00 PM More reviews by xpgr1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a very average to below average BB cream. I'm going to tell you right off the bat, it is not for extremely dry skin. The formula is extremely thick and kind of hard to blend, but smooth and creamy. It lasts all day, but to tell you the truth most foundations last all day on me. My skin is extremely dry (dry patches are a huge problem) due to many chronic conditions, but virtually flawless, and I'm young so most foundations are going to look good on me as they do on most young people. But this one was an exception because it emphasizes every, single dry patch on my face and it stung like heck. On the days where it didn't do that, the finish was satin-matte but kind of flat and underwhelming. I was not a fan. I expect way more from something that costs $40. And no one, not even those with oily skin can wear this without prepping the skin first, like you can with most BB creams (toner, sunscreen, moisturizer, etc...) because otherwise it just looks like a flesh-toned mask on the face. I do not recommend. I wish we could give half ratings because otherwise I would give a 2.5. It's not great at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2015 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This BB cream was good, but I wouldn't say that Smashbox hit it out of the park here, either.

Pros:
- There is a wide variety of shades (I bought "fair" and it was my perfect shade since it had fairly pink undertones to it- which is hard to come by, actually).
- The coverage is great, and a little bit of cream goes a long way.
- SPF 50. There is never a time where this isn't a good thing.

Cons:
- The formula is super thick, and if applied to un-prepped skin it can feel a lot like sludge, which can leave streaks. I found that the key here was to apply a light moisturizer beforehand, and some additional primer on nights where I want my skin to look a little less natural and a little more matte.
- The price. In retrospect, you don't need as much product as you would with other brands, but $50 CAN isn't cheap, either.

I generally use this cream for evenings when I'm opting for more coverage, but I have been known to use it during the day time as well. I would recommend, but for people who have dry skin I would suggest that they add a little more moisturizer/primer as a base layer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2015 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Missisabellaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. I have very good skin so this gives me just the perfect amount of coverage. I don't like to wear foundation because it's too heavy and I don't need that much coverage. If you're looking for a light BB cream with very light coverage this is for you. This would definitely not be good to replace a foundation or concealer. I love the way it evens out my skin tone and almost gives me an airbrushed look to my skin which makes it look flawless. My only complaint is that it is a bit pricey (32 dollars i believe) and its kind of hard to wash off. I sometimes have to go over my skin twice with face wash. I was hesitant to purchase this after reading multiple reviews of users complaining about an increase in oiliness but I can say I haven't noticed my skin getting any more oily than normal. It is a good primer for any contouring or highlighting I do also. I really am pleased.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2015 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Harpseal5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this, but honestly I have liked other BB creams more. This one can get a little too pasty or cake-y, even with a finishing spray. The shade was fine, but I don't like the uneven coverage- it gets pasty but it's sheer enough to show flaws. I do recommend using a Beauty Blender for the best application of this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2015 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Aase1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am not a fan of this product. I love that it has spf 35, but I cannot get it to work on my skin. It just accentuates my pores, making them appear bigger, especially on my cheeks for some reason. Color match is fine. Will not rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 11:11:00 AM More reviews by leenaangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the sample size first & I loved it so went & bought it again. The light/medium is a perfect much for my skin tone in the winter. It comes on very smoothly & feels really nice on my skin. It doesn't have super intense coverage, but that's not why I expect to get from a BB cream. I have pretty ok skin so it's the perfect amount of coverage for me for a day time look would not want to use this if I'm having a night out or some thing. I was surprised with how small the bigger version was, it only came with 1 fl oz, but whatever it still gets the job done.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2015 6:52:00 PM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Since the older I get the more light-medium toned with yellow undertones my skin becomes, I've had to adjust my foundation and concealer shades over the past couple of years. So when I wanted to purchase a BB cream, I went with a light/medium (since that is what I wear in the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream and it is a flawless match). I got this, swatched it, and sent it right back. The Light/Medium shade is Oompa Loompa orange. Plus it leaves a sort of sticky finish on the skin that is most unappealing. I think I will stick with the Maybelline, since it costs like a fourth of what the Smashbox BB cream does for the same amount.