April 16, 2014 | 1560 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I am really amazed right now. My hair is just so incredibly soft! I am pretty surprised as I have tried this once before and I probably didn't use enough cause that experience left my hair kinda dry and tangled. I gave this a go the second time around because I was doing a coconut oil treatment, which leaves my hair saturated with coconut oil. I normally warm up an ounce of that, slather it on my dry hair and wrap it up and wait for an hour or so. Because I didn't want to use a sulfate shampoo to strip the coconut goodness from my hair, I chose to use this.

I started out with 10 pumps for my scalp, and I might have used too much, but I was concerned with getting the oil out of my hair, which some moisturizing shampoos don't do a good job of (I'm looking at you Creme of Nature Ulta Moisturizing Shampoo) and then 5 for the ends. I wasn't sure if it was working or not because my hair felt really slick, so I rinsed it out and repeated, this time only using 5 pumps for scalp and 5 pumps for ends. I rinsed and rinsed, used no conditioner and voila! No coconut residue, my hair is CLEAN and SOFT . The scent is something to be to desired as it has that burnt sugar smell, I have smelled this fragrance before somewhere, not exactly Aquolina but something similiar. I want L'oreal to play with some different fragrances, something fruity, herbaly and something fresh and clean.

Not sure about the cost or how it compares to Wen. I have tried Hair One, in the packets which left my hair dirty and dry and I'm convinced its probably because I didn't use enough. But if this retails for $6.99, and if you use as much as I did, or less (I probably cut it down to 5 pumps scalp, 5 pumps ends) then your probably looking at $30 per month or 1 bottle per week. I haven't used this regularly to know how long it would last, and someone said on here that its just as expensive as Wen because of the amount you have to use. My hair is really long and straight, not thick, but I like my hair to feel CLEAN as a result so that's probably why you have to use a lot.

Overall, I really like this and I'm gonna see how long it lasts, I am not sure if I want to pay that much PER MONTH for this as I usually can get a good 2-3 months out of shampoo and conditioner in general for a fraction of that price.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by lcheramie1212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the worst hair products I have ever used. It made my hair feel greasy and dry at the same time. Not much to say except it is absolutely TERRIBLE.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by miamc12321

I had been wanting to try the Wen products, but it's so expensive, and I hate the thought of auto-shipping. This was a nice surprise in a clearence cart at my work. After talking to a co-worker who uses this and Wen, I decided to give it a shot. I really it. My hair feels healthier, and I don't have to wash it as often which is a major plus. My usually dull hair actually is now bouncy and shiny. The smell is very strong, but it doesn't really bother once my hair dries. All in all I would recommend this to anyone who is curious about Wen but doesn't want to pay the Wen price or get stuck with auto-shipments.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 5:47:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am in the process of growing out many years of highlights. I am trying to shampoo less often in order to keep my super dry hair healthy. The whole "no-poo" method intriques me, but the quantities of conditioner I have to use seems over the too. Enter EverCreme Cleansing conditioner. Again (as with soooo many products) an incredible idea...then reality hits. The results I had with this were ok. Nothing ground breaking. But even though I am not a sensitive person, I CANNOT handle the scent of this. I find it hard to believe this scent passed any type of testing stage. It is so intensly gag worthy! A plastic-burned marshmallow/vanilla scent that takes over my shower and worse...lingers in my hair!!! I can't bring myself to use this product. Maybe if the results were astounding. My hair feels clean after use, but not better moisturised than using an 89 bottle of conditioner. I have relegated this to the leg shaving side of the shower (where all unloved products go to die). I have to hold my breath though and actually think I will just pour this down the drain. The pump function is silly too. I have almost bra strap length hair and needed about 22 pumps to feel my hair was properly coated as only a teeny amount is dispensed by each pumping action. L'oreal, it would be great if you went back to the drawing board on this one. Cose, but no cigar!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I found this on clearance at Walgreens for $1.32 so I figured I'd give it a try. I really like the other Evercreme products but I've had bad luck with Cleansing Conditioners in the past. I wanted something I could keep in my gym bag that would be quick for post-workout showers in the morning since I go directly to work afterward. This is exactly what I was looking for. I massaged it in, left it for a minute and rinsed it out. My hair is soft, shiny and actually quite manageable. It also smells quite lovely. It doesn't lather up, which will take some getting used to but I think this will suit my needs perfectly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

This was a no-go for me. I have long, colour-treated/highlighted hair that is flat and this made my hair even worse! It was super dull (when it is normally shiny), looked stringy, drab and lifeless. And for my long hair, I felt like I needed way too much product that it was just a waste! One bottle would last me 2 weeks.

In addition, the smell was terrible. It really bothered me to the point where I had to hold my breathe while using so I just tossed out the rest of the bottle. A sickly sweet chemically vanilla/caramel warm type scent (and I normally love vanilla/warm scents. .sigh). It was too strong and I could catch whiffs of it all day - when I styled my hair, combed it, whatever. The scent lingered. Even worse, none of my normal hair styling products seemed to work at all - I use a volumizing spray and a light hold mousse and my hair looked awful like there was build-up. Clarifying shampoos made no difference as long as I kept using this L'oreal. It also gave me breakouts on my neck - even though I use my soaps/body wash AFTER the cleansing conditioner, with my hair covered and in a bun - I think it left behind gunk that just broke out my skin.

I much prefer my Pureology shampoos and conditioners, which leave my hair soft and bouncy - this was just awful, sorry!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by CyNYC

I am on my second bottle of EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner and I am very happy with the results. I do not have the same issue with the smell as others do, I can't smell it after my hair dries and I don't mind it even when I can smell it. I have used Wen, two bottles worth to be exact but I found that if I used it two days in a row my hair would end up greasy which is a highly unusual state for my curly, dry hair. This product keeps my hair super soft and the curls nicely shaped, it looks pretty good on the second day too. I do not use this product every day, twice a week I use a heavier conditioner or a conditioning mask but considering I use it 5 days, so far so good!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by jessicamh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my regular product for washing my hair- it cleanses sufficiently as long as I completely saturate my hair with it which requires about 1/6 of the bottle, and it conditions FANTASTICALLY. I have amazing volume and shine after blowdrying and it smells amazing. It keeps my wavy, dry, fine, color-treated hair super healthy!

I have used several other cleansing conditioners but always come back to this one-it's simply the best for my hair. The only drawback to it is the packaging- it's too small of a bottle and the pump is useless (I actually replace it with a squeeze-top immediately). Other than that, it is a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by lovethemall

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Buyers Beware! Love this product at first--gave my highlighted blonde hair nice moisture in between shampoos. . .used every other day as daily washing was stripping my hair. However, L'Oreal either changed the formula, or I developed a sensitivity to one of its "natural" ingredients. Because my scalp began to turn red in patches, itch severely, and the situation progressed to acne-like bumps all over my scalp that are extremely sore. It's not so natural--ingredient list is loaded with chemicals. Includes 2 alcohols: one of which is isopropyl (aka rubbing alcohol!), and 3 plant oils (apricot kernel, grapeseed, and camelina sativa--whatever that is). Whatever is in this has potential to block pores and cause this painful, acne-like condition. It's going in the trash!!! Do a 'net search--I am not the only one out there who has had this type of reaction.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by wendymac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All in all I liked this product. I didn't mind the smell, actually enjoyed it. I enjoyed the convenience of a one step process because of the time it saved. I found it to be ultra moisturizing and gentle. I had wanted to try this in the first place because the idea of Wen intrigued me. Like many other people, I couldn't reconcile spending that kind of money. So... The smell was nice, the convenience was super, made my hair soft (as if I had used a separate conditioner), and was ultra moisturizing. However, due to the oils that make it so moisturizing, it broke out my skin terribly!!!!!! I even tried washing my face as a last step in the shower to make sure I cleansed it off properly but I still broke out. Soo disappointed since I actually loved the product so much. When I switched from this my skin immediately cleared. When I tried the cleansing conditioner again, I broke out. Only reason I will not use this product again