Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

3.2

Talc, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Diisostearyl Malate, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 6, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate, CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake]

on 8/20/2015 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this in pink plum. I love the feel and mouse like formula. I find it super easy to work with and it gives a fresh healthy flush. I plan to buy more. I also like this better or as much as the color pop blushes.

on 8/15/2015 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used to love the mousse blusher that Maybelline had, so when they discontinued it, I bought this one in hopes it would have a similar effect. I do like the finish of this one more, as it is a satin finish instead of glittery. However, I find the texture really difficult to work with. The product moves around in the pan so much and the product doesn't go on the skin as nicely as a powder does. If you can make it work on your skin, it would be a great blush but I haven't found a way. Will not be repurchasing, but I will try to use up what I have.

on 8/12/2015 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a really nice blush for me! The light pinks ones go really well on my fair skin, and goes good for a bright energetic makeup look, the creamy consistency makes it go on the skin very smoothly and it gives me a dewy and healthy glow. I use my fingers to apply it because i found it a bit hard to use a brush, all it did was stab the blush and mess it up, so I just use my fingers (after washing them so I don't put any bacteria from my hands on my face) since it's so creamy I like using it more in the winter so my skin looks extra soft and stays put, definitely would recommend if you like creamy blushes.

on 8/12/2015 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have two of this blush, in Candid Coral and Peach Satin. But I find that Candid Coral is actually more peachy, and Peach Satin is more coral than their names suggest. They don't have any detectable glitter in, but somehow still gives off such a nice sheen, you can see it clealrly when you swatch them on your finger. On my cheeks Candid Coral looks really fresh, while Peach Satin gives me a subtle vibe of warmth. Anyway, I had Peach Satin first, and it was an interesting experience enough for me to get the other one.
Anyway, you heard me, interesting experience. It was tricky to use, it's soft and almost feels like a marshmallow, but if your press your finger on it, it's not bouncing back. Pressing also does not deliver much pigmentation. The best way to get color off it, is by swirling gently on the surface of the blush, either with your finger or a brush, a stipple brush is the best, I use the E.L.F Stippling brush. The sub-tropic summer heat also helped me a lot in understanding and working with this blush. At first I bought it, it was during the cold winter and I just couldn't get it to work, I thought it was a lost cause. But in the summer, it's so hot here, that mine melted in the pan, not liquidy-melted, but it softens considerably, so I couldn't stab my finger in anymore, and I learnt how well the swirling motion worked. Either way, it's still pretty problematic, as I worry that it will run out gradually, it won't stick to the pan anymore and using it would be such a pain. I wish they had just made it a solid one, like the NYX cream blush, and save us the hassle. Like with the Age Rewind concealer, the guys at package design should really stop getting so "creative".
Other than than, the pigmentation and the staying power are really good, I'm pale so I have to use a pretty light hand, and after 6 hours or even more, it's still there. Also, like other cream blushes in general, it looks more real/natural and less "painted" on me. I don't think you necessarily have to use your finger and some heat to make it work, as a brush works out fine for me, it blends out very easily. Also, the price. It was a bit more expensive than the usual drugstore blush, and compare to other blushes from Maybelline as well. I will probably repurchase it out of habit, but only if it's on clearance.

on 7/14/2015 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I was not a big fan of this product personally but I feel like this would be a great product for some other people. Unfortunately, I was not one of those people it was working for. I liked the colour pay off - no complaints there - my biggest issue was the consistency. It was abnormally thick and had a weird kind of cream texture to it in my opinion. It look alright on my skin, no sliding or anything, stayed put and did its job, but I didn't really like the way it felt on my skin - again, it's a problem with the weird consistency. I have oily skin so maybe this would be better for dry skinned people? I'm not sure. I am acne-prone and this did not break me out at all so I wouldn't worry about that happening. Overall, there are way better blushes at the drugstore so I would not repurchase, continue use, or recommend to a friend. This is definitely a miss by Maybelline.

on 7/3/2015 7:14:00 PM

I don't understand the low ratings for this, but I guess I kind of understand, as these can be tricky to understand how to use.

I looked at these several times before finally buying my first one. I bought my first one, maybe a year or two ago (so much for reviewing a product right away), and it kind of sat in my stash, untouched and un-opened, bc it kind of intimidated me. But I was watching someone on youtube last year who said she just taps it on to her cheek and then blends it with her fingertips. I tried that, and it worked like a charm!! Also someone suggested using a stipple brush. I find just using my fingers works best. I will say that as you use it and the product is used over time, the product becomes kind of mushy (? sorry can't think of a better word at the moment?), but it just gets like really soft and malleable, it almost looks like playdoh (maybe it is just mine?!) as you use it over time. But the product stays fresh in the pan a long time....I had thought it would dry out really fast, but it has not. I've been using the one since last summer and it is still as fresh as when it was new (if a little sad-looking bc of being 'pushed' around) and the color is just as nice as when it was new.

I have this in one of the pink shades and also Pink Plum, and I greatly love both colors. Colors stay true, but the one drawback is they do not last long throughout the day. I only get a few short hours (maybe 3 hours?) before I have to re-apply. But for a quick outing or just running out for lunch or something, it works just fine. I would not use this for a long work day, because you might be a slave to the mirror, re-applying every couple of hours. But my skin is wonky lately, so someone else may not have that issue. But I did take a lippie off because of short-staying power.

But this had no irritation to my sensitive skin, and I detect no scent.

I keep meaning to get more shades, I better get on that! Things I like always seem to be discontinued! ;)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is by no means my favorite blush. Its not very pigmented, and when I try and layer it to get more color it gets too dark and fake looking. HOWEVER, I love using it as a base for my blush! I use Plum Wine under blushes to pull more purpley tones and Pink Plum to pull more pink from coral blushes. They help my blush stay on for hours, so I would repurchase for that reason alone. The packaging sucks however, and you dont get much product for the price, but this is a must have for anyone looking to make their blush last for hours

on 5/22/2015 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have the dream bouncy blush in pink plum. the color is alright, nothing special. I just don't understand the formula of this blush..... it so difficult to use and isnt worth the hassle. On my cheeks it just looks like plain old pink blush, a little dewy but all of it fades really quickly. It's so hard to apply, it just moved around under my finger and have attracted soo much lint to it. I just wish I would have spent my $5 elsewhere, there's plenty of drugstore blushes that are great and arent made of silly putty.

on 5/2/2015 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

The colour Coffee Cake is really flattering for my skin (tan, yellow undertones).

Overall, it's an average blush.
not too much staying power, but it's easy to blend and the bouncy mousse texture is pretty fun.

on 4/21/2015 6:12:00 PM

This texture works really great for me. it doesn't look fake or cakey and wears decently. This is not really matte but you can blot some of the shine off if you prefer. Good value and packaging is just ok.

Popular Blush Products