L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm

3.8

on 3/1/2015 3:53:00 PM

ok, so I initially went out and bought "nourishing nude" to compliment my skin tone. (ie pale, oily, acne prone, dry dry dry lips). Well, it was a little too pink and darker than I ever imagined...BUT, very silky on the lips, not drying, subtle colour (it's not a typo, I'm Canadian), but does not look like I'm wearing lipstick.
so today, I went back and bought (for 9$...yes, Canadian) "Caramel Comfort"....much better coulour on me as I HATE reds, pinks, etc...I just like nudes, but not opaque. Pleasantly surprised. give them a whirl...

on 2/21/2015 1:27:00 AM

I purchased the colour "Plush Plum"a few months ago and absolutely love the colour of this against my fair skin! It is also surprisingly moisturizing and smooth. However, I have barely been able to use this because it has a strong spf scent and taste. I am so disappointed in this but the taste is so strong it really renders it unusable - literally tastes like I'm eating sunscreen.

on 2/20/2015 9:52:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I liked these at first, but then I realized they have spf. I'm allergic to chemical sunscreens, and even though these don't cause a full blown reaction, I won't repurchase. After the initial fruity scent fades, there's a distinct sunscreen scent/taste. I like the subtle color and shine, but not enough to buy more.

I owned two of these in Nourishing Nude and Tender Mauve. They are moisturizing and feel nice on the lips. They don't do much for chapped lips, but I dont expect them to. I originally adored Nourishing Nude and almost used it up but the longer I had it the less I liked it due to the fragrance and taste. It left a strange taste in my mouth, almost soapy. That was the reason I destashed them. I know they're still good but I just don't like the taste. They have good pigmentation. I will not repurchase as L'Oreal is not cruelty free and due to the taste.

I don't like lipsticks, but I love glosses, which I wear on top of a stain (I wear the L'oreal Colour Caresse Shine Stain), I wanted something that would give my lips moisture, but would be sheer, and this balm works really well! Make sure you apply it on your hand (or a tissue), before using it for the first time as the top can be slightly dry and it won't apply as well. Very good product!

on 12/4/2014 8:53:00 AM

I dont love these on their own due to pigmentation BUT I love them on top of lipstick. It gives your lipstick a little extra brightness, moisturization, and shine without being a full on lip gloss. LOVE.

on 11/16/2014 12:07:00 PM

I have these in tender mauve and nourishing nude. They are both very subtle and somewhere between a gloss and a balm. I hate lip gloss and lip stick so these are a good alternative when I want a little color. This is still a cosmetic however, so don't expect any life changing results for chapped lips lol. They are moisturizing though. I would put them up against any high-end brand, but because they're from loreal the price is right. I also use Stila's Color Balm and these are just as good in terms of quality (but not as pigmented). Great product and would definitely recommend for the person who doesn't like a ton of makeup but wants a little extra color.

on 10/29/2014 7:22:00 PM

I bought the Colour Riche Balm in 118 pink satin,I was kinda disappointed in the pigmentation.I know its a balm and not really a lipstick or lipgloss,but I thought it would have a little bit more pigment in it.Its a really pretty baby kind of pink and It has a slight tint of pink.I don't know if its just me,but it has like a candy smell to it,like cotton candy I guess,but I really like it.The scent isn't overwhelming like BAM,but its really light.It felt really smooth on my lips and it made them so soft.They looked healthier after about 15 minutes,it lasted me about 1 hour,its not long but your lips still look good after its gone lol All I can really say about this is its a great balm!

on 9/30/2014 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm not impressed with this stuff. The packaging is gorgeous, sleek, and classy, but the product does not measure up. I got this in Heavenly Berry, which appears to be a berry color, but once applied, it is hardly noticeable. I was hoping for maybe a little more pigment, but there is hardly any at all. You might as well use Cherry Chapstick! If you want a great MLBB, spend your money on the Maybelline Color Whispers. Those have pigment and are moisturizing. One thing I really like about the L'oreal balm is how moisturizing it is. It goes on like butter. It would be a great thing to wear underneath lipstick because it has such moisturizing properties. Your lips will look pretty that way, but it's nothing special by itself.

on 9/10/2014 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I wish these balms were moisturizing. I love the colors but it leaves my lips dry - having to apply very often.