July 24, 2014 | 1212 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Eva32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me just start off by saying that I am new to liquid foundations, as I usually just go with concealer and powder. I had a wedding to attend, and I wanted to cover up the redness on my cheeks and chin. I chose this particular foundation because after trying out the testers, I liked how it felt on my skin. I have combination skin with some dry patches. Overall, this is a pretty decent foundation. Because of dry areas, I appreciate the moisturizing feeling that this foundation gives when I first apply it. I honestly do not think the glitter in it is very noticeable, even in the sunlight. What I like about this foundation is that it gives pretty medium coverage and covers up all my redness. What I dislike is that it does tend to emphasize pores and make my skin look a little dry on some days. The packaging is unique and makes the foundation more liquid-y than it might be otherwise. I think that all in all, this is a solid foundation. I probably won't re-purchase it just because l'll be on the hunt for better ones, but it is a good one to start off with!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by akhennessy

Wow! Where is the love? Granted, I've only used this a handful of times, but I love it! Well, the packaging does suck. It is a bit hard to control how much comes out of the pump, but it looks great on me. I have combo skin, acne prone and am in my 40's, and this makes my skin look great--dewy, and youthful. So pretty. It also wears fairly well, but is definitely more of a sheer coverage foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Ardoria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very nice!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by ds17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My shade for this foundation is 080 Carmel.
When I first swatched it my heart was broken when I figured out is had glitter, but when set with powder the evidence of the glitter seems to go away even in natural light. The texture is very airy but once you dip your brush into the product the "puff" of foundation starts to dwindle down. The intial consistency is very similar to hair mousse when you squirt it out of the bottle. I love to apply this with a damp beuty blender (brush works well also) to give off the finnish that I want. With a setting powder this product last 5 hrs, beofre i have to blot. I have a very oily complexion, so to most people this might not seem like very long, but for a drugstore foundation last that long is great for me. My only complaint is it seems like this foundation wil not last vey long, I use this probably twice a week and it has been about three weeks and I feel like it is close to empty already.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Mariah258

I don't know where to start with this product. It smells like paint (similar to the mac products) and the can says that if it gets too hot it could explode. Also, the foundation itself is flammable...what?! Anyways its VERY glittery. There are glitter particles hidden within the foundation. The foundation itself is very cakey oily looking no matter how much powder you use. It looks like you went for a mile long jog. Through out the day the foundation settles into every fine line you have and slides everywhere leaving a foundation mustache. Also, it accentuates every little blemish, and the glitter doesn't help! This is the makeup product I regret buying the MOST, and I've been through some bad products. I advise everyone to steer clear of this product as I have nothing positive to say about it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I have Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup in 100 Toast; it cost $4.50 from Big Lots. So, without beating about the bush: this foundation is annoying & hard to use. It took me three times to get it on right & even the third time, it was a struggle. I wanted to like it because the idea of an airbrush mousse makeup sounds cool & my sister, knowing I like glitter, told me this foundation has a bit of glitter/shimmer in it. Of course, I got & tried it.

The product is in a mini aerosol can (think travel-size hairspray). The "pump" is irritating; again, imagine dispensing mousse into your hair. You know how you can't really control the pump - you just kind of press down & hope for the best? That's this makeup. You can't control how much product comes out & 99.97% of the time you'll accidentally dispense more than you need, resulting in a lot of wasted product.

The product itself is an airy, sheer/maybe medium coverage mousse that is easy to blend. 100 Toast was a nice match for my skin, but be careful because the actual foundation is darker than the can—don't base your shade selection off the colour of the wrapper! I'm going to try wearing it a few more times to see if there's something I can do to make it work for me because I really don't want to throw it away. I'll keep you all updated & let you know any tips/tricks I figure out while experimenting. As of right now, I don't like it & wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

UPDATE #1: I haven't found anything yet; as of right now, I think it's best I just use this as a tint or something of a BB cream because it just isn't working for me as a foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by manraynj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am on my third bottle of this foundation. I'm surprised that it has received so many bad reviews. It took me a couple of tries to get it right, but I absolutely love the effect. I apply it over Neutrogena UltraSheer liquid sunscreen. I squirt out a gumball sized portion (it is foamy) and I use a flat top buffer brush to apply. I then use a damp sponge to make it is very smooth. I use the Makeup Forever finishing powder over this (with a different fluffy brush). I'm a nurse and my skin still looks great at the end of shift. It doesn't completely cover every imperfection, but it makes my skin look so glowy, healthy, and natural. I think the key is the lightest dusting of a quality powder to "lock it in". If I am a little heavy handed with the powder, I'll go get dressed, then spray a really fine mist of water (yes, tap!) from one of those tiny 99cent sprayers you get in the travel toiletries section. The only reasons it doesn't get 5 lipsticks is that I find it a little pricey (I always watch for Walgreens sales to counteract that) and it does have glitter. The powder seems to soften the effect, while not eliminating that glow. A definite rebuy, I do stray sometimes, but this has been in HEAVY rotation for the last year for me

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Jnicole07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try out this foundation. I love the consistency of the mousse. However, It doesn't last...even after applying 2 different setting powders. This may be a great foundation for ladies with normal skin but if you've got oily skin...this stuff will have your face shining like a disco ball by the end of the day. I found that it wore off patchy as well. I will NOT be purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my first time purchasing this, and I've used it for a couple of weeks now. It took me a while to get the hang of how to dispense it without too much coming out. Just barely push the pump and a little bit will come out onto the back of your hand. I am very pale and got the shade Ivory and it matches perfectly. It has a dewy finish and has a slight sheen. I didn't notice any sparkles. I prefer to apply with my fingers, it blends better that way. I usually apply a couple layers to build it up. I think this version is better than the liquid photoready, just my personal preference. This container will last forever so I don't think I need to buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by DevonIsla

I was extremely disappointed when I put this foundation on. It dries way too fast, doesn't blend well, and there isn't a good variety of colors.