Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

4.4

on 2/20/2015 3:49:00 AM

From the packaging, it looks good, doesn't look cheap for a drugstore product. The product is smooth and pigmented. The color is like MLBB. It doesn't dry out my lips, instead my lips were quite moisturized even without lip balm.

on 2/18/2015 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This is a great product - awesome colour, definitely a 'my lips but better' one, and the colour intensity is perfect when you want something on your lips but don't want to wear lipstick. It is easy to wear and apply. Stores don't seem to be restocking this product so I'm scared that they might be discontinuing it so I have a spare one of these at the ready and am debating whether to buy another or start hunting for a dupe.

on 1/29/2015 9:33:00 PM

I generally shy away from products that have "pink" in the name, but I picked this up based on its high marks on MUA, and boy, what a surprise! As everybody says, Pink Truffle is the perfect MLBB color.

Revlon Lip Butters are not particularly hydrating to my lips, so I tend to moisturize with a thin layer of Kiehl's lip balm before I put it on. Then again, my lips do tend to dry out pretty quickly no matter what I put on them. Pink Truffle feels quite emollient going on, and gives one's lips the perfect amount of pinky-brown color. Like the other RLBs, this is not a particularly long-wearing lipstick, but because it's so easy to put on (you wouldn't even need a mirror), I don't see that as necessarily being an issue.

As another reviewer said, Pink Truffle just makes you look more "polished." That's good enough for me! This is great anytime lipstick and the quilted case is adorable. The price point is so good you can afford to buy three to four of these for the price of one designer lipstick! Highly recommended formula and color!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

a beautiful, pigmented mauve pink. A great cheap Kylie jenner lip that hydrates like a dream. I love it, like pretty much all the lip butters.

on 1/8/2015 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a color that is very mature and wearable- a bit more pigmented than a gloss, and very creamy feeling on the lips. Subtle.

on 12/2/2014 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The formula is nice on this one. Feels silky and has a little shine to it. I like that it has no glitter or shimmer like my Berry Smoothie. This lip butter is not as intense as a gloss but almost there with a hint of a wet balm look and more subtle. I do not like to wear this color on its own because on my naturally red lips it looks way too brown and dark.

I prefer to wear it over a light pink such as Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Primrose. This way looks so much better on me and makes a gorgeous color! I love mixing the two colors together. If you own both, try mixing the two colors. I also like to wear a nude gloss over Pink Truffle such as Zoya Hot Lips - Flirt. Which lightens Pink Truffle up also.

The package is pretty good too and looks cute. Nicely sealed shut in the store. I really only prefer to buy lip products that are sealed closed so no one can open them. The product seems like it could melt very easily but I always keep this with me on the go and for like 6 months or more it has never melted but I'm sure it could.

on 10/21/2014 2:10:00 PM

I've found myself about to start a review of this lip butter several times, only to abandon the effort because I find it so boring. And yet...I reach for this almost every day. If it's not the lip color I started the day off with, it will probably be the one I refresh with, or something I'll throw on later in the day when the energy to look perfect is gone but I still want to look polished. Or if I can't find my lip balm. Or if it's Sunday and I'm just running to the store. Or I have nothing on and know my mother will tell me to put some color on my face. You get the picture.

Pink Truffle is a balmy pink-brown, more brown on my pigmented lips. Wears evenly for a couple of hours. Cheap and easy to reapply. Doesn't dehydrate my lips (I'm not fully convinced it's moisturizing either though, but will provide a slippery layer on the lips for balm-aholics). Will quite literally complement most of your makeup looks, barring a bold lip. It's just good to have around. even if it's kinda boring ;)

Pinky browns are my go to lipcolor. This is pretty swatched on my hand, but I don't see a lot of color on my lips. I use it when I want to smooth and shine over a lip pencil that I've lined and filled in with. Or its a good mirror-less touch up of balm when my lipstick starts feeling dry. On it's own there's not much color on my pigmented lips.

on 10/17/2014 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

A favorite for everyday.
I love this for work or anytime really.
It is a nice pinky brown that is wearable with my looks.
Feels nice on the lips too.

on 10/2/2014 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My first lip butter from Revlon - and it's a really good product! The formula is creamy and moisturizing, the price is right (BOGO 1/2), easily available and I really liked the color. This is a nice darker shade of my natural lipcolor, so it looks really nice and neutral but polished. This is not a super long-lasting formula, but it does last a decent amount of time. I was actually trying to get the Fig Jam color but they were out. Glad I tried it, I would buy this again when I run out!

Recommended for Medium Skin