New York Color Pressed Translucent Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have bought at least 10 of these since I started using makeup in high school. They are great for when my skin is super pale in the winter and spring. The color "translucent" doesn't mean that it is actually translucent however. There is a slight pigment to it, which makes it perfect for pale pale me. I use it to set my foundation in the winter and brighten under my eyes in the summer.

on 7/24/2015 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This did not work for me.
Pretty basic, kinda chalky looking powder.
Does not go on translucent and does leave a cast to the skin.
Did not control or help with oil.
Did not set makeup well either.
I would only purchase if new to makeup or need a cheap powder to hold you over.

on 7/12/2015 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product's packaging is cheap with its frail plastic and flimsy "powder puff". However the powder does its job at a good price. I used this pressed powder to set my concealer on eyebrows and undereye area. Also I would recommend this to beginners and people who are tight on money. I would repurchase this again. Pros: - Cheap and easy to find in most stores that sell New York Color cosmetics - Works well as a powder - Translucent Cons: - Packaging is cheap and can break easily - The applicator is worthless, better to use a powder brush or powder puff - Not exactly a compact I'd carry in my purse in fear that it would make a mess

on 5/24/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

When I wanted to try out translucent powders this was the first one I picked out because it was under $3. It's cheap but I don't think it's for me even though it works all right since I've been branching out to other brands.

It does do what it's supposed too, and I'm not repurchasing because of it's quality but because it's not my HG.

on 3/30/2015 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff! Itís finely milled; it reminds me of Maybellineís Dream Matte powder but a lot better. This is the best powder I have ever used to set my foundation. I apply it with a fluffy brush (elf) it applies nicely and itís not cakey. It truly is translucent, it does not show any color or alter my foundation shade. It is SO inexpensive and I will keep repurchasing but lately I have not been able to find it at my local Target, I hope they did not discontinue this gem. Fingers crossed!

on 11/18/2014 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used this off and on for years. My skin went from combo to dry over time but this simple powder refines and smoothes my skin. It is sheer so color matching is easy. I never have a problem with it magnifying dryness or fine line.

The packaging is super cheap but the powder inside is what counts really.

on 8/25/2014 1:44:00 AM

The packaging is SOOOO cheap but the powder makes my skin feel soft and makes me look perfectly matte. Or if I want to have a semi matte finish I just put on a little bit with a big fluffy brush.

on 8/20/2014 10:46:00 PM

PROS
- the powder is translucent
- it mattifies your face & sets your foundation wonderfully
- it prolongs foundation wear
- don't have to touch up during the day
- inexpensive!!
- it's in a compact so it's good for travel

CONS
- the packaging is the worst I've ever dealt with: the top part with the mirror on it is half broken off so I have to be super careful with it or else I won't have a way to close the compact. (but the powder hasn't cracked!!)

on 7/29/2014 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i am currently on my second compact of this stuff. i love that its translucent so it doesnt alter the color of my foundation (since i finally found my perfect match). it sets my face so that it is matte but not ashy or flaky looking. it does okay in terms of oil control for the price. i will notice my tzone getting oily after a few hours but nothing im not used to and nothing a little blotting cant fix. the packaging is sturdy and simple and this stuff really is great. i will continue to repurchase this unless/until i find something better but for the price this really cant be beat

on 7/8/2014 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:

- It is indeed translucent. Whether I'm pale or extremely tan, it doesn't look too dark or too light. It must be magical.
- Matte finish
- Nice, travel-easy compact
- Hasn't broken despite my ability to drop things from alarming heights

Cons:
-Have to squish my powder puff in, but then the pro is that it's a small package

Applied best with: powder puff

Popular Pressed Powders