New York Color Pressed Translucent Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide

on 5/24/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

When I wanted to try out translucent powders this was the first one I picked out because it was under $3. It's cheap but I don't think it's for me even though it works all right since I've been branching out to other brands.

It does do what it's supposed too, and I'm not repurchasing because of it's quality but because it's not my HG.

on 3/30/2015 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff! Itís finely milled; it reminds me of Maybellineís Dream Matte powder but a lot better. This is the best powder I have ever used to set my foundation. I apply it with a fluffy brush (elf) it applies nicely and itís not cakey. It truly is translucent, it does not show any color or alter my foundation shade. It is SO inexpensive and I will keep repurchasing but lately I have not been able to find it at my local Target, I hope they did not discontinue this gem. Fingers crossed!

on 11/18/2014 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used this off and on for years. My skin went from combo to dry over time but this simple powder refines and smoothes my skin. It is sheer so color matching is easy. I never have a problem with it magnifying dryness or fine line.

The packaging is super cheap but the powder inside is what counts really.

on 8/25/2014 1:44:00 AM

The packaging is SOOOO cheap but the powder makes my skin feel soft and makes me look perfectly matte. Or if I want to have a semi matte finish I just put on a little bit with a big fluffy brush.

on 8/20/2014 10:46:00 PM

PROS
- the powder is translucent
- it mattifies your face & sets your foundation wonderfully
- it prolongs foundation wear
- don't have to touch up during the day
- inexpensive!!
- it's in a compact so it's good for travel

CONS
- the packaging is the worst I've ever dealt with: the top part with the mirror on it is half broken off so I have to be super careful with it or else I won't have a way to close the compact. (but the powder hasn't cracked!!)

on 7/29/2014 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i am currently on my second compact of this stuff. i love that its translucent so it doesnt alter the color of my foundation (since i finally found my perfect match). it sets my face so that it is matte but not ashy or flaky looking. it does okay in terms of oil control for the price. i will notice my tzone getting oily after a few hours but nothing im not used to and nothing a little blotting cant fix. the packaging is sturdy and simple and this stuff really is great. i will continue to repurchase this unless/until i find something better but for the price this really cant be beat

on 7/8/2014 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:

- It is indeed translucent. Whether I'm pale or extremely tan, it doesn't look too dark or too light. It must be magical.
- Matte finish
- Nice, travel-easy compact
- Hasn't broken despite my ability to drop things from alarming heights

Cons:
-Have to squish my powder puff in, but then the pro is that it's a small package

Applied best with: powder puff

on 7/5/2014 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for an easy powder I could apply midday to fix the shine. However, I found that this powder makes me look ashen and eliminates a lot of the color from my face :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It can crack very easily the packaging is slim though so that's a plus I have pretty light skin so I thought translucent was the best choice since the pacakaging wouldn't let me see the colors... It was around $2.70 so not bad but it made me look ashy....and I have LIGHT skin! Also I went to eat dinner and I put some of this on. With the sponge it came with and I tried to blend it good but it was a little hard...anyways it made me look chapped and have a white cast. A lady told me I needed to moisterize my face bc it looked all white and chapped.if you hAve peach fuzz like on your cheeks or something it sits on them and looks horrible. Will not be repurchasing

on 12/7/2013 11:33:00 PM

I absolutely love this powder, especially for the price! My friend recommended it to me and i thought, for the price why not try it out? I am so glad I did! I put it on after I apply my foundation and it leaves my skin feeling super soft and smooth. It is always sold out when I check at Walmart, which is the only place that sells it around me. Great product when I can get a hold of it, highly recommended!