April 20, 2014 | 964 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Xobueatyluvrxo

It can crack very easily the packaging is slim though so that's a plus I have pretty light skin so I thought translucent was the best choice since the pacakaging wouldn't let me see the colors... It was around $2.70 so not bad but it made me look ashy....and I have LIGHT skin! Also I went to eat dinner and I put some of this on. With the sponge it came with and I tried to blend it good but it was a little hard...anyways it made me look chapped and have a white cast. A lady told me I needed to moisterize my face bc it looked all white and chapped.if you hAve peach fuzz like on your cheeks or something it sits on them and looks horrible. Will not be repurchasing

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca122123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this powder, especially for the price! My friend recommended it to me and i thought, for the price why not try it out? I am so glad I did! I put it on after I apply my foundation and it leaves my skin feeling super soft and smooth. It is always sold out when I check at Walmart, which is the only place that sells it around me. Great product when I can get a hold of it, highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by HannahCA

Such a great product! The 702A naturally beige shade is a bit light for me but fortunately, the colour doesn't show up very dramatically.
-great staying power
-personally I think the packaging is cute
-cheap
-a little goes a long way

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by anbaking123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought this was a good powder until it CRACKED completely in my makeup bag. Never buying this again. Thankfully, it was not expensive by any means, so I did not lose too much money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Don't mind the cheap cost or the cheap packaging, THIS pressed powder has proven to be better for me than any other pressed powder I've used from any brand (which are a lot). It sets foundation super well, it does not add too much color, it looks fresh, and it helps control shine and oilyness throughout the day. Just pat it on gently and it will provide a nice matte finish to the skin.
Sidenote: It can be drying (like almost every pressed powder), so to prevent drawing attention to dry patches of skin, never forget the moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by applecour

This is AWESOME! The trick to translucent powder as others have said, is to press a VERY little but of powder onto the skin with the applicator as needed. Do not saturate the sponge and then wipe it across your face or it'll look ridiculous. I use this to set my foundation and to blot throughout the day as needed. It doesn't add any noticeable color and it doesn't oxidize at all. This is pretty much a dupe for any expensive blot powder be it MAC or Urban Decay (minus the lavender hue obvs) at literally next to nothing. I have "reactive" skin and this doesn't bother it. No cysts, doesn't cause more oil (like MAC Studio Fix) and doesn't seem to clog my pores. Overall I'm really impressed with this stuff. I would buy it again!

EDIT: Started to break me out... this usually happens with prolonged use of things I love... *sigh* It's still a three because I think it would be great for those without sensitive skin, I just won't repurchase myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by lyssabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! You can't beat the price, and the finish is great on my super white skin :) Even the lighest coloured pressed powders are almost always too dark for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Glambarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A few weeks ago I ran out of my favorite pressed powder, Mac Mineralized Finish. So I decided to use my moms, she is notorious for buying cheap makeup that makes her face look super cakey. Expecting the worst I tried it. It actually look pretty good on my skin. My mom also has very fair skin, while I have a natural tan, Luckily it is translucent. It kept me matte on my nose and worked well with my HG foundation, Revlon Color-stay. I have bought a pan of this and am very pleased, it is a GREAT price.In retrospect I'm glad I gave this product a chance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. Too often I've bought "translucent" powder and it goes on too chalky and light on my NC42 complexion. This one mattifies my oily skin and blends right in without making me pale. Plus it's so cheap! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by libertinexox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For the price I love this stuff, staple product. Very light and natural.