September 3, 2014 | 1041 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by lenazheng

Delivers a solid, clean line. The color is extremely opaque. After it quickly dries over 30 seconds, the eyeliner does not smudge! Only bad thing is that with time, the product can dry out. Great eyeliner for its price

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by laurenheartsmakeup

This product is so underrated! It's sitting in the corner of Ulta waiting to be noticed. Try it out. Way better than Bobbi Brown or Maybelline. It's only two bucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Brilliant eyeliner! It has permanently replaced my MAC fluidline. It holds up well, doesn't smudge or transfer to my bottom waterline and is a black as it gets. I feel stupid for having wasted so much money of MAC's product when this was sitting in my local pharmacy for a fraction of the price. I think word has gotten out about how amazing this eyeliner gel is, because I haven't seen it in stock recently. I also purchased a their eyeliner brush and it has been equally as wonderful. The pair help achieve the perfect thin winged eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by lcagcaoili

I love this product! Itís creamy, smooth, lasts the whole day, smudgable but it sets and itís just a beautiful beautiful true black. Itís not streaky or anything and you can use an angled or a fine tip brush. For the price, thereís really nothing more I can say. This is so worth the money, guys. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Xxcassx

Absolutely love this. It goes on smoothly, doesn't run when sweating / in water. Very easy to get off. I compared this to the maybelline gel liner and they're pretty similar. Just the maybelline one is slightly creamier. But id definitely buy this one over the maybelline one any day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm somewhat on the fence about this liner.
I guess I'll go through the negatives first, since there aren't really all that many, but the ones that exist are kind of big.
First off, the formula is HARD. I mean extremely dry and difficult to work with. Perhaps it's just the pot I purchased, but I have to dip back into the pot with my liner brush numerous times to get a clean line. Very strange.
The packaging might be the cause of that, since it is not sealed in the store and likely have been opened numerous times, exposing it to the air. Also, the cap doesn't tighten very well, so I foresee this liner drying out completely very soon.
Those two points are close to making me say I would not repurchase, but the outcome once it's on is so great that I'm tempted to say I'd go back in for another pot.
First off, it's quite black. As gel liners go, it's darker than most I've seen. It's very black and matte, which is great since some regular liquid liners don't give that effect. I really love how it looks.
Also, it STAYS. And stays and stays and stays. My eyelids are quite oily (though I do use a primer and a pretty long-lasting shadow) and this stuff holds on for dear life. That's a big selling point for me.
Overall, I do like this liner. I just wish the formula was easier to work with. Perhaps I'll try buying another pot online so I know it's not been tampered with and see if it's any smoother.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by ladylazarus

Just a heads-up: the black gel eyeliner from this collection (called 01 midnight in paris) is still being produced, but the other colours (a teal and a grey) have been discontinued worldwide. midnight in paris is so spot-on in terms of lasting power, pigmentation, ease of use, and value for one's money that I believe Essence would have a hit if they brought back the discontinued colours. As far as midnight in paris goes, I would repurchase--which speaks volumes, considering that I don't wear eyeliner on a daily basis--and I am inclined to stock up in case Essence axes this eyeliner (as they are, unfortunately, wont to do with their best products).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by thisisntleya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first gel eyeliner and I LOVE IT! It's so easy to use and goes on your lids so easily. It dries up quickly though so you'll have to apply it quickly. I guess that's the only bad thing about this eyeliner. Otherwise it's bloody fabulous. Oh, it also comes off pretty easily as well and it doesn't even stain your skin (like liquid eyeliner does) so I am very very pleased with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I bought 3 pots (w two essence eyeliner brushes... 2 in case I lose 1!!), just in case it was d/c'ed, at Ulta which I decided I was going to buy all they had if I found it....this is awesome!! Very black & very waterproof. Essence is a brand worth checking out, I plan to try some other products in this line the next time I visit Ulta. I always passed their display, passing it off as a cheapo line without much selection or quality, but obviously I was greatly mistaken. Their black liquid waterproof eyeliner is awesome too if they do d/c the gel then I'd suggest trying it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by marijajelcic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first gel liner (used to buy the ones pen shaped) and I absolutely love this thing. It stays on long, doesn't smudge, I have it in black and it's amazing. The price is really good for what you get so I'm planing to get this one again when I run out of it, since eyeliner is one thing I couldn't ditch when it comes to make up :)