November 28, 2014 | 2023 users online

Pressed Powders - Estee Lauder - Lucidity Translucent Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Okoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am anti-powder--loose, pressed, whatever. When the Bare Minerals craze came out and I bought some, I didn't see what all the fuss was about and wanted my money back! But the Estee Lauder Lucidity pressed powder is different. I have it in the lightest shade and it still gives me just enough warmth that I don't look totally washed out. It's not cakey but very light and translucent, yet I can layer it for more coverage. It may have displaced my HG foundation of 15 years! It's nice to have a mirror in my purse again. Having only foundation, I'm usually without one.

The only thing I don't like is if you've had the product for awhile, the top part of the sponge applicator has fabric that starts flaking off in little pieces that get everywhere when you try to use it. I love that you can refill the compact, which is eco-friendly and cost-friendly, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I just bought my third compact, so yes I repurchase, but the price is painful- $36 Canadian. Its GWP time & I needed another plus I needed another tube of my all time favourite pink lipstick "Rosa Rosa" so I just bought another of the big blue compacts of this stuff.

I have tried to find other cheaper powders, but I have to concede that this is the best pressed powder on the market.

Why is it so good? Well it diffuses fine lines, freckles, redness & blotchy bits without any nasty shiny stuff. I agree with other reviews, most cosmetic companies try to make older women "glow" by increasing the shine which doesn't work! Lucidity lives up to its promise. It blurs the bad stuff and won't leave you too matte, just a satiny "my skin but better" look. Luminous.

The best professional photo I've ever had was taken when I was wearing this stuff over nothing more than Olay sunscreen. No flashback, just perfect looking skin.

I am NC (warm tone) 15 - 20 ( pale) and I like the #02 Light Medium shade because it adds a touch of warmth & colour while the #01 shade is a bit too light. I apply it with a big soft powder brush over moisturizer or sunscreen. (Industrial one by a company called Deb)

The amount in the compact goes a long time before hitting pan. It isn't a soft press that makes the brush pick up too much, nor is it hard packed leaving you to scrape away to get enough. Just right. The compact is sturdy with a good mirror & a foam sponge puff that I don't use.

Soft velvety texture that fells like air on the skin. Never too drying. Looks natural - just satiny good skin.

When mineral powders fail, consider this one. I have only once found a mineral powder that doesn't look shiny & feel dry & that's Elizabeth Arden mineral powder foundation but that is too clunky for a purse. So if you need a reliable finishing powder that fits in the purse, and won't make trouble in photos (as spf or mineral powders can) then consider this.

Unfortunately the refillable compact only comes in 1 shade & it doesn't work for me, so that is not an option to reduce costs & environmental impact for most people. So I buy it in the giant blue compact and pay $36 a pop for the shade that works. More garbage to the landfill!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friend recommended me this powder. I use it alone even I think it is made to put over foundation. I really like the velvety finish of it. It also gives me a bit of coverage with the 03 medium on my NC35 skin tone. I have to put more tough. The finish look is amazing, very skin like. I will repurchase in the long term future. I have some other powders to finish and would like to try out the dior one which has yellow undertones.

EDIT: I just finished the powder and I finally don't think I will be repurchasing, I find it oxydize a tiny bit pink on me... I liked using it though!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

This is very expensive (31USD), but worth every penny. I have had my compact for over a year and I'm barely half way though it. It makes matte foundation look 'skin-like', and makes it last all day without budging. My HG setting powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this to go with the Lucidity foundation, which I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This seems to be good, but it might be the foundation that makes it seem that way?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

LOVE this powder! It's sheer and for the summer a necessary beautiful compact to have with me. Not that many shades to choose from but Medium works well. Doe NOT cake! it's an airbrushed look when used alone, which I do. I am soo happy I found this and the price is right. Compared to Mac Studio Fix? this is far more wearable and not cakey looking like the Mac...I'm a happy summer girl :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

love love love this powder.. I use it on top of the Lucidy Foundation and it gives a gorgeous light finish with a bit of radiance to the face.
I hate mask effect powders or glimmer and glitter effects. I leave that to the younger ladies.

will continue buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My aunt had this when I was a child. I used to steal it from her and use it! It is translucent..but I do not remember it being shimmery . It is not matte either. This compact has some luminizers in it which can be good or bad depending on what you want. It could help someone who wants to brighten their skin tone, but accentuate certain areas.The packaging is very elegant so that is good too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Sta1cee

This is an average powder. It's neither amazing nor terrible. I only bought it because at $12 a refill, it's quite affordable and I really wanted an Estee Lauder collectible compact.
PROS
~Doesn't oxidize
~Goes on smooth
~Doesn't look cakey
~Good for blotting
~Smell isn't that strong
CONS
~No lucid effect...quite average

Overall, I will probably keep buying this powder until I find something better. It's good setting and blotting powder but it doesn't control shine or any of that stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by applecore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this in translucent and while it is actually translucent (doesn't change color of brow corrector or blush), I don't feel it's "luminous" as Lauder claims. It wasn't that chalky but it seemed to just sit on top of my foundation and took away the natural look of my foundation (MUFE HD). I've been using MAC blot powder and feel like I can find better but this definitely isn't it. The fragrance was the biggest turnoff as it's very strong and lasts awhile. I try to limit how much fragrance my products have and this isn't worth it.