April 16, 2014 | 1482 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Cherry Tart

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 5:58:00 AM More reviews by xsoph

LOVE this colour! A great red lipstick for beginners who are too afraid to go the bold red yet. It's super moisturising so no need lip balm beforehand. It does have glitter specs in it and doesn't last as long as I wanted but it's still great I love reapplying lipstick every few hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I have been slowly learning to work with bolder lip colors. I hadn't been comfortable with the bold lip earlier, as I felt it slapped people in the face. The sheer-ness of this Revlon Cherry Tart lip butter gives me the advantages of a blue-based red that whitens my teeth. Meanwhile the glossy and buttery finish makes my lips appear larger.

On the downside, I feel like I am going through the tube fairly quickly. However, these lip butters are often on sale for BOGO free or 40% off. The packaging is cute but cheap looking. I find it annoying to open, as oppose to the other Revlon lipsticks.

All in all, this is definitely one of my favorite bold lip colors of the moment. I will repurchase this one when I run out. My favorite out of this line is Fig Jam.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay, I admit, I've been on a red lipstick buying spree and this is another Revlon lip butter that I acquired. (love drugstore sales)
Cherry Tart is a blue based red and the texture is similar to Apple Red - a bit on the sheer side and glossy but still nice for an everyday red. You can layer for intensity and the lip butters leave a nice stain behind. (the red ones anyways)
I'd wear Cherry Tart with a cool, neutral eye look and a berry toned blush.
Another great red from Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by teenybutton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite lip product I own! I bought it on a whim for super-cheap when CVS was having their beauty sale, and I'm very impressed. I don't usually use Revlon products but these lip butters are the exception. This shade in particular is incredibly flattering on me and would look great on a variety of skintones. The consistency is nice, but I don't find it especially moisturizing and when I screw the lip butter up and down, a bit of product always sticks to the top of the tube. It's annoying, but the color and consistency are so great I can overlook it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I baugh two of these in a day, nice lip staina round my mouth a hint of red, very moisturizing and buttery like as they promise, a hint of colour is all I need, it's more of a coloured-tinted lip balm, no extreme red or red colours, it's more of a warm toned red, not blue toned like darkker red. thjsis appears more reg-orangey to be detailed and precise honestly, ut I love it, it kinda reminds me of teh cover girl nuxture in colour - peony and I love then both equally this and that, though the comparison is, just same color and same shine different brands and different tubes. Both retractables

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

This stuff leaves a very pretty, just ate a cherry popsicle stain on my mouth. It also leaves the same stain AROUND my mouth...which is not so pretty. Very disappointed that this bleeds so easily on me because the color's absolutely gorgeous. It tends to smear around my mouth and I have to constantly check whether it bled around my mouth or not. Also it stains my lip line so I have a ring of red around my lips when it wears off. Not cute. Very disappointing since this got a lot of hype. No other lip butter does this to me, just this one. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was incredibly skeptical about trying this product as I find most DS lip products bleed, need lots of reapplication, or smell plain awful. But I was so pleasantly surprised by this product! I read the raves for pink truffle and was broken down, but I thought the color was bland and boring! I picked up Cherry Tart and zero regrets it's really beautiful. It goes on relatively sheer, a kind of "I've just been eating a Popsicle" red and is very buildable. I would say it's a more neutral leaning cool red. It doesn't have a strong scent or taste either.

The packaging leaves a bit to be desired as I don't care for the colored, semi-transparent, textured plastic lid. But by no means does the packaging seem flimsy or makes the product difficult to appeal. In fact the texture is neither greasy or tacky. It's very similar to a balm but does not feel moisturizing either. It doesn't bleed or slide around and I would feel confident eating in this. Also wears long without going skummy. I would now buy more colors after seeing how nice this lip butter is!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by sufferingfromvertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Recently I've been on the hunt for a good red lipstick/stain/whatever. I was trying not to be picky about the format because, being a redhead, beggars can't be choosers. I read overall positive reviews about this product so I kept my eye out for it (it isn't sold with all the lip butters, so it can be hard to find). I actually really really like it. It's not orange toned, but not too cool in my opinion. It really does look healthy, pretty, girly, and not unnatural. And best of all, it doesn't clash with my hair or look weird with my pale skin! I would definitely repurchase if I ran out or lost it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by jendobyy

This was my first ever Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter and I've got to admit, I'm not a big fan of it. It doesn't apply evenly, looks more of a lip gloss rather than lipstick, not very pigmented (even though most of the reviews here state that they are pigmented .... ? Not sure, but this is the case for me), feels sticky on, doesn't feel lighweight and overall it's just a bit too shiny for me.

I was looking for the neon types of red and I was dissappointed as this appeared quite neon in the tube. This shade is a softer red that appears more natural and doesn't pop out. It'd be beneficial for those who are looking for the softer and more natural reds, so I guess Cherry Tart would be the perfect one. Also, a pro is that it's very hydrating (but too sticky).

Now I have to go on the hunt for another drugstore neon red lipstick. Perhaps Kate Moss will do.
Also, being a makeup fanatic in Australia sucks as our prices are quite ridiculous - Lip Butters on sale for 50% off is $11 and when it's not on sale it's $22. Yep, absolutely ridiculous the amount we have to pay for our makeup. So I paid $11, yet was dissappointed with the result.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

so easy to apply, so pigmented, so moisturizing. i'm glad i chose to venture into using red lipstick and getting a revlon lip butter to start off with because this is definitely red but not scary red that would send people thinking "omg you're wearing red lipstick!"

i recommend this to people who are shy about wearing bold colors on their lips! try this one!