October 1, 2014 | 1797 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by jlhorne

I bought this lipstick in the shade Berry Smoothie as a nice MLBB (my lips are naturally really tinted). It's a nice, natural pink; bright but not hot or bubblegum bright. This is by far the most moisturizing lipstick I have ever tried; it almost feels like a balm for how smooth and moist it is! This particular shade has a hint of shimmer which is not noticeable unless you're looking for it. One qualm I have is how soft and maleable the stick is; it's become very misshapen with regular (but not heavy) use, and the product is smearing all over the metal tube. Another is that the colour does is not long lasting and I have to reapply often.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Purchased: Sweet Tart (a lovely med pink but w/ bit of brightness to it, so not too dull but not Barbie either). Sugar Plum a lovely MLBB as I've a light to med brown-complexion & a natural purple undertone to my lips. Pink Truffle another amazing MLBB but I can see it working on everyone's lips as a nice nude as it's beige-pink. Cotton Candy a lighter pink that really shows up on me in the sun-shine & I ended up giving it to my Mom who's caucasion & it looks amazing on her so she's since re-purchased on her own. Juicy Papya which is a lovely nude-ish orange toned but not bright or red orange, peach-esque on my lips w/ a hint of glimmer & a little sparkle even. Lollipop: my FAV as that's the one I got compliments on as it's such a shiny sexy blue toned fushia type which of course is just excellent for the summer. LipButters are incredibly hydrating. Apply smoothly. Close or guise the cracks in my lips. Better then Baby Lips or Eos on my lips. Pigmented yet glossy AND balmy. In-expensive when on sale at often $6.99 ($7.90 incl CAD taxes). The only 2 things I dislike are the packaging as the slim silver cannister / barrel is too narrow for the product, as once in use I find the color stick expands (of course) yet the barrel cannot contain it so at times can be a mess or a loss of product. I go thru them fairly quickly, so I wish there were a little more product (however, that's part of the reason I refuse to pay full price) & the other is lasting power. On my lips I'm lucky if the color lasts over an hour. I do enjoy re-applying lip products, but do not enjoy it when people around me think I'm vain as I do require a mirror!! Ha! Anyhow, I've had 6 thus far & plan on buying more. Berry Smoothie is next on my agenda...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Juliette119

These lip butters are very moisturizing and smooth on the lips. They are $6-8 at the drugstore. They are in a quilted colored packaging the same shade as the lipstick. Some of the shades are AMAZING such as strawberry shortcake. Other shades don't look great on me like creme brûlée is too pale for me. Overall I would totally recommend these, just buy the right shade:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by jurlinganna

I picked up one of these when I was on my way to hollister, and thought they were pretty cool, (i got attracted to the packaging ) I picked up the summer set, in the shade of pink lemonade,

When I got home, and put it on, it was a really light pink color that was NOT natural, so I decided to not wear it as one color. So i experimented with a lot of different combinations, and came up with this:
1, apply the pink lemonade in dots from your bottom lips, to your top
2. add some concealer (i use the tea tree concealer by the body shop) also put in dots. 3 ONLY! 2 TOP, 1 BOTTOM
3. add a coat of burts bees pomegranate oil lip balm, and you are good

HOPE THIS HELPS, AND ENJOYYA continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by PinkyTheGhost

I only have one of these, in 'Sweet Tart', let me just say, I absolutely adore it. I've had my eye on these for a while, not sure if I wanted to go in for one because I'm not real big on lipsticks, or anything like a lipstick, I usually use my Kissable Balm Stain in Sweetheart. But this struck me as a suprise, the texture is just so nice, it really is buttery, and not drying on me at all. I love the color I picked up, I usually go for brighter and more vivid pinks, but this isn't too crazy IMO. The packaging can be a little scary to open at first, it's kind of resistant to just pulling off, but it's definately sturdy. Not crazy about the price, but I will be absolutely buying more. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this first in Strawberry Shortcake but I wasn't too sure about the color. I then purchased Creme Brulee and Pink Truffle. Creme Brulee has become my favorite for every day, it is a sheer nude color and very smooth and moisturizing and "buttery" as the name implies. Pink truffle was a bit too dark for me as I have fair skin and it was darker than my natural lip color. I have started to wear Strawberry Shortcake now and it isn't too bright, just a nice soft pink for daytime. None of the colors I purchased have shimmer or glitter in them, but several of the other shades do which is why I only have three colors so far. I like that these lipsticks are so moisturizing and don't dry out your lips or make them flaky like most lipsticks do. The color are not too pigmented or intense they are just a sort of sheer but lightly buildable color (the shades I have purchased would not make an intense color if you layered them) and the texture sort of keeps them from being built up to an intense color level. They smell great, like vanilla or some kind of dessert which is nice. I recommend this lipstick for anyone looking for an everyday lip color that may be a bit shy of super-intense pigments on their lips, and anyone who likes a truly moisturizing lipstick that still offers some color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by mom2go

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I feel guilty that I have never written a review for this, my HG lip butter. I've been wearing it for at least 3 (probably more) years, and it is my favorite everyday lip balm/stick, bar none.

I have owned this in a bunch of colors. My favorites are fig jam, berry smoothie and pink truffle. (Me: medium complexion, auburn hair.) In general, these colors are very flexible -- on the sheer side but definitely there. The effect is a wash of color with natural shine. Great for a no/low makeup look, which is my everyday go-to look. Does not "travel" out of your natural lip line, even without a liner. I've used this as a blush, in a pinch. It's a great multi-tasker to have in your vacation MU bag. At night I layer this over a stain. Costs about $6.50 a pop, less if you wait for sales . . .

I'm trying to think of something negative to say here . . . hmm . . . this lipstick does not do my dishes or take out the trash. (Note to Revlon: I would definitely pay extra for that.)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by sydneysz

These lipsticks are creamy, moisturizing, and the colour can be applied sheer or to fully colour your lips. All of the shades have a slight shimmer, with exceptions such as Peach Parfait which has beautiful and more visible gold shimmers that brighten up your entire complexion.

The range of shades are quite good, my favourites being Berry Smoothie and Peach Parfait. For me, these are both MLBBs (my-lips-but-better). The nude shades don't work well with my yellow undertones.

Besides the moisture and creamy texture, I love the way the colours fade. It's unusual, but as the product lightens and the shimmers fade it also looks very pretty! It's more natural, leaving very nice tints on your lips (especially Berry Smoothie in my case).

I only have two minor gripes: the first is that the cap can be a little tricky to remove, but that's because the packaging is sturdy. The second one is that the lipsticks are so creamy that it smudges on the rim of the tube. These are very minor packaging issues that don't take away at all from the quality of these products.

I'm very particular about lipsticks when it comes to texture, moisture, shimmer, taste, and lasting power. These Lip Butters have scored in all these categories, so definitely try them out!

Note: keep checking drugstores for sales to stock up. I've bought them for as little as $4 CAD, and at Target they retail for $8.99.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by tC_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite lipstick line of all time! They're inexpensive, long-wearing, very pigmented color payoff, adorable packaging (and names) and highly moisturizing. Also doesn't fade off in patches. I own several of these in many shades: Lollipop, Berry Smoothie, Raspberry Pie, Cotton Candy, Peach Parfait, Sugar Frost, Cupcake, Creme Brulee, Strawberry Shortcake, just to name a few... My favorites are Cotton Candy (for everyday wear) and Berry Smoothie for a dressier look. Will repurchase as long as they continue to be manufactured! Love love love!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by BeccaBxo

Tgese arent as amazing as everyone says they are. they are something like 12$ per tube. (i bought them on sale for 4$) maybe its the broke college student in me saying this, but 12$ seems a lot for a drug store lip gloss. the proce aside, the product its self is good, not great. the nude colour (095, Creme Brule) is pretty and shiney, slightly too brown for me, but for the most part is a pretty nude. the red colour (Candy Apple) leaves a dewy true red on my lips, but smudges a little. over all id only repurchase is it went on sale again. its an over hyped, slightly above average product.