October 24, 2014 | 1702 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - Tresor Midnight Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wine captured and turned into parfum. It intoxicates, mesmerizes, addicts. It's full bodied and sweet but not heavy or cloying. It lasts for hours and the dry down lingers and is so feminine. Free spirited and so original - it can be worn all day and night and into the evening... any season really. It may possibly turn into a signature fragrance! I have never owned a fragrance like this one. Just like the original Tresor, this one is an original of its own as well. I don't really get the name "Midnight Rose" nor why it is even a flanker of the original. They are completely different! I think this one should be called "Coquette" if I could me the master name maker at Lancome!!!!;) It is romance and flirtation. I was back and forth a lot among all the fragrances and it took me a good month to decide which one I liked the most - and this was the one, and no regrets! I haven't been this enamored with a fragrance since Chanel's Eau Tendre. This one is so different than what I am use to wearing. I was helping a client the other day, and she said "What is that smell? It smells so good!" It was this little magical elixir:)

This is a surprising fragrance. If you do not give this fragrance a chance and stop merely at the top notes, sure, it will smell like many other frags out there now. When you smell it from the nozzle or from a tester strip, all you will really get is the berries and blackcurrant. Only when you spray this on your skin... letting it settle and swirl with your chemistry... will you understand. It quickly moves beyond the fruitiness into the heart of the florals... rose and jasmine done right. It dries down to all the above, but with the warmth of musk and vanilla. It will smell a little different on everyone.I love spraying this after my bath before I go to bed. It relaxes me and I feel so pampered. When I wake up, I catch what lingers of this ... it's soft, elegant, feminine... beautiful. It has that French charm that only Lancome has mastered.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by merkakis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as an unexpected gift from a friend. Normally, I would pass anything that has to do with berries, as I think it tends to smell very young, but I was pleasantly surprised how well rounded and balanced this scent is. This definitely does not have an age range, in my opinion. I don't smell much of rose, which on me can be a bit cloying. The dry down is a snugly musk. Every time I use this scent, it's an instant mood lifter and lasts on me all day. To me this is a going out scent, for day time and night. For office, this might be too exuberant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by nnana

Most of the scents I wear have always leaned on the 'heavier' side so it was a surprise I fell in love with this. Midnight Rose, unlike what its nama suggests, is sweet, light, uplifting and very very suitable for daily wear to the office. I love that it settles down to a subtle lingering scent after 2-3 hours of application. I love it! My husband wasn't impressed when he first caught a whiff of this scent from the bottle, but he had nothing but compliments when I wore it on. I would recommend everyone - young and old - to give this a try. Even if you couldn't love the scent, at least you have to love the cute rose on the bottle!

** EDIT ** Unfortunately I have stopped using this in the daytime because it is attracting insects, flies and what have yous.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by hendenm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say firstly that one review I read said it only suited ladies in their twenties and thirties??? Everyone is entitled to their opinion but those ladies in their forties please don't be put off. I love wearing this during the evening on nights out as I feel it's too sexy for the workplace lol !!! The fragrance is bursting of berries and is so sweet. The smell lasts for ages and have never had to reapply. The packaging is beautiful as well. I would definitely repurchase this fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by sillage

In this snowy cold weather, this isn't "midnight-ish" (ie, dark) enough for me. And quite frankly, it's not rosy enough either. After lately wearing the wonderful Givenchy Very Irresistible L'Intense (plum, rose, patchouli) -- and Stella, Dior Midnight Poison, Euphoria, and Victoria's Secret Seduction (dark orchid) -- this one doesn't live up to its "midnight" name IMHO -- it's not dark enough. -- or rose enough.

Tresor Midnight Rose is much sweeter & fruitier than the above-mentioned perfumes -- almost like a cross between Stella and Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy -- nice, but just lighter, sweeter, & fruitier than I'm in the mood for. Today, I'm back to wearing Givenchy Very Irresistible L'Intense, which is perfect for being snowed in. Tresor Midnight Rose will just have to wait until the weather gets warmer.

Really pretty bottle. If I recall correctly, I think the face was actress Emma Watson (played Hermione in the Harry Potter series), and it was extremely successful when it launched.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by McSwimmer

This sort of reminds me of Versace Crystal Noir, only this is a little bit lighter and fruitier. I don't smell much floral; definitely not rose. It's a wonderful lady-like perfume. I have this on order along with the Versace because I couldn't decide which one I preferred. I will probably end up liking both. To me, this is a nice pleasant scent. I think it can be worn during the day, all year around, although I'll probably use it as a winter scent.

I have since received the Midnight Rose in the mail. I'm disappointed. I knew it was light but I didn't expect it to be THIS light. On my skin, you can barely smell it. It truly does pale in comparison to Versace Noir. Some of the notes are the same, I think, but it's no contest--Crystal Noir wins. I'll be returning the Midnight Rose. Too light, too fruity, no lasting power, not enough winter appeal; pretty much not enough of anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by classicfilmbroad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this stuff. I got a sample of it in Sephora and couldn't wait to purchase. I can see how some would say it could be cloying -- but when applied with a light hand (and in tune with my chemistry), it works beautifully. The top notes are rose and raspberry; the middle notes are jasmine, peony, cassis, and pink pepper; and the base notes are musk, Virginia cedar, and vanilla. It's a wonderfully warm fragrance. The rose is not overwhelming and blends beautifully with the raspberry. However, this is not a typically fruity floral. The musk and vanilla keep it warm and perfect for fall and winter, but the Virginia cedar in particular stands out on me. It's a warm, woodsy, wonderful fragrance that I love to wear in fall and winter (currently in rotation with Gucci Guilty Intense).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by callforbeauty

This has to be my favorite Lancome sent (other than the orange blossom scent). I love the berry/ vanilla mix. It stays on well, especially if you place it on your pulse points. It's a great buy during the holidays as it usually comes with one of their great mascaras:)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by lisbet

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this fragrance! It's hard for me to understand the negative reviews, but opinions are like, well you know! The blast of berries and dark fruits at the beginning is a lift like nothing else! It makes me feel sexy and pretty and that's saying a lot because next b-day I turn 60! At first I was afraid this fragrance would be a big young for me but after trying out two samples I had to have a fb of it. I bought the largest one because I enjoy wearing this fragrance and the longer it develops on me the better! It's not a particularly complex fragrance-but there is rose in there somewhere, but not too much because to me rosy fragrances bring about the memory of my grandmother and that's not who I want to smell like! This is like Cafe Rose without the coffee and with a little more fruit. I find it lasts relatively well because my skin, at this time in my life, eats perfume and nothing lasts. Midnight Rose is the exception. After a few hrs. I can still smell it! Now a few hrs. may not seem lilke much to the normal person, but I'm not the normal person. My skin is dry and no fragrance lasts particularly long on me. It's discouraging, but I can live with it. I just have to carry a purse spray of whatever fragrance I'm wearing.

I do recommend trying this fragrance. I'm a bit hard to please, so if I like this I think most people will be pleased with it! So get a sample at your perfume bar and give it a try-it's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by pinkflowergirl3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Midnight Rose has raspberries,rose,vanilla...smells like raspberries,vanilla & a little rose to me,like the sweetness it has...love perfumes & body sprays with berries & vanilla...