Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50%, Octisalate 4.00%, Zinc Oxide 3.50%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titaniium Dioxide 1.1.0% water, dimethicone, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, pentylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, behenyl alcofol, trioctyldodecyl citrate, polymethylsilsesquioxane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, PEG-40 stearate, polyglyceryl -10 pentastearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, Hordeum vulgare (barley extract), extract d'orge, Triticum Vulgare (wheat germm extract), Laminaria saccharina extract, Linoleic Acid, Oryzanol, cholesterol, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, Polyquaternium-51, lecithin, Sodium stearoyl lactylate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Sodium PCA, Isopropyl titanium triisostearate, Trehalose, urea, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Glycyrrhetinic acid, stearic acid, Aluminum hydroxide, silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica

on 5/30/2015 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

In winter, I use Clinique's Perfectly Real Makeup. When it became warmer out, I decided to by their BB cream, as Clinique's products always are gentle enough for my sensitive skin. The BB cream has a mousse-like texture, and has moderate coverage for a BB cream. The first day I used it, it was extremely hard to blend. I was left with an uneven application with powder caked onto my face in a vain effort to try to even my skin tone. When I used the Perfectly Real Makeup, I used a sunscreen and primer under my makeup, but with the BB cream, I did not use a primer or sunscreen as it would be hot in the sticky summer heat. The next day, I applied my regular spf 70 under the BB cream, and it blended like a dream. That day was hot, but the BB cream did not move. Here is what I wore with the BB cream that day: 1. Moisturizer 2. Sunscreen 3. BB cream 4. Powder in the t-zone 5. NYX setting spray (3 spritzes.) Nothing budged or smudged onto the collar of my shirt. It left a natural looking finish and all of the layers felt light on my face. I learned that you must have extremely moisturized and smooth skin for this to work. My mistake was an easy one to fix, just apply moisturizer liberally before applying and put the BB cream on soon after you have moisturized before it has completely soaked in.

TEXTURE:
Thick and Mousse-like
Satin-like when dried

PROS:
Does not move
Lightweight
Moderate coverage-but lets my complexion peek through in a natural way
Skin naturally glows- satin finish

CONS:
Does not blend well unless skin is well-moisturized - Make sure the moisturizer has not completely soaked in yet when you apply the BB cream!

FINAL THOUGHTS:
This BB cream is great for days when it is super hot and sticky out and you want a natural, polished look. I would buy this BB cream again.

on 5/11/2015 9:00:00 AM

This product is NOT WORTH IT. I hate applying skin makeup with my fingers so I had to make do with a stippling brush. This stuff does NOT work with beauty sponges. The finish of this bb cream is terrible - it's extremely obvious that I was wearing makeup. It went cakey in less than an hour, and felt oily and thick on my skin (it has a mousse texture). If you want a bb cream that smooths out the skin, and has reasonable coverage and a beautiful finish, stick with Korean bb creams, like the one from Laneige or Innisfree. I love Clinique, but this is unfortunately a horrible product.

on 4/26/2015 6:00:00 PM

I bouth this product in the summer... and really regret about it. The only good think was the color was matching me well. And it is the only possitive thing. It is so thick, hard to blend. It was so difficult to finish it... the was I gave to one friend but she also didn't like the product. It is just the worst way to spent 27 euros. I will never buy again

on 4/17/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE my BB cream! I used to hate wearing any type of liquid based makeup because of how oily it made my skin feel - this dries and works better for oil control more than any powder has ever worked for me in the past. I love wearing it underneath my Clinique stay-matte makeup. I have extremely oily skin and putting these two on my skin in the AM offers me at least 8 hours of being oil-free!

on 3/18/2015 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I would say this BB cream is very thick, i usually have to add half a pump of moisturiser so i can rub it around my face easily. My face feels quite sticky after this step, i would say the coverage could be built up to a medium coverage. It's good if you are in a rush and want a quick tint to the skin

on 3/4/2015 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product in shade 02, which is a beautiful match for my NC20ish skintone. It has a nice, neutral shade, not yellow, not pink, just perfect really! I apply this after my moisturizer. I love the packaging, it's hygienic and it's easy to get the right amount of product out of the tube. The consistency is thick and tends to streak when applied with my fingers. I dab it with my RT expert face brush or damp RT sponge to even it out. It looks very pretty on good skindays, is longlasting and gives good medium and very natural looking coverage. It has a semi-matte finish which I really like. I usually hate matte make-up for my dry skin, but this looks good, it gives some sort of glow and isn't chalky and patchy matte. It sets lighter, so if you try it, wait for it to set before you purchase to make sure you got the right shade. It doesn't irritate or dry my skin, which is rare, so for that I love it. It also looks great on photo's, so far so good you'd say. But it just doesn't feel very nice. It doesn't seem to sink in my skin, it's sitting on top of it. It clings to dry patches and flakes and highlights them like crazy. Such a shame, it is so hard to find a foundation or cream that doesn't accentuate dryness.. Because of that I take 1 lippie off. I wouldn't recommend it for patchy or flakey skin, but if your skin is normal or dry, not patchy or flakey and you can find the right colourmatch it does definately make you look pretty! I don't think it will work on oily skin, as this does moisturize and tends to get shiny. I prefer to set it with Mac select sheer pressed powder against the shine.This tube lasts forever, so I find the price very reasonable.

I have repurchased when I found it on a discount. Eventhough I don't use it very often I do really like it when my skin isn't patchy or flaky, because it looks so pretty and has good staying power without a primer (my skin hates primers).

on 1/19/2015 12:05:00 PM

Im not a huge CLINIQUE fan, but i like this BB alot!
Its cheap, looks and feels light and stays all day! Coverage is medium, and it doesnt look cakey at all. Unless you have some serious dry spots on the face, then your in trouble.
It doesnt break me out neither, but i would not buy it again for the simple reason that my dermatologist told me not to. Im still not sure why though.. But shes the expert, im not ;)

on 12/5/2014 9:55:00 PM

i hate wearing face makeup because i am VERY picky about cakey looking makeup. i have dry skin so i really have to exfoliate and moisturize, but i still don't like most foundations. this one doesn't look at all cakey on the skin. i have had my tube for a year now.. (probably bad, i know, but it doesn't break me out so i'm gonna use it up) so i think it's a great value. i just use a pea sized about for my whole face. it doesn't cover up every imperfection, but it evens out my skin tone just enough. if you're looking for full coverage you probably would be disappointed.

on 7/20/2014 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm trying out BB creams for the first time and this is not one for me. This stuff is thick with full coverage. It did not spread well and looked caked on. It also felt sticky (like sunblock) on my skin. I am returning this item. The positive was I liked the color. It blended well.

on 5/28/2014 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bottom line: In spite of being a fan of Clinique, this product was a fail for me.

When it comes to wearing make up, I want my skin to look great while wearing as little as possible. I'm currently a nanny for a toddler, but I'll be getting a new job next year and want to look more presentable. For that reason I'm trying to find a something that has SPF and oil control with as little coverage as possible. This has everything. Unfortunately it has way too much oil control to the point where it over-dries my skin. Now I'm half-Greek, which means that my face is usually an oil slick. This is literally the only product I have ever used in my entire life that over-dries my skin. When I use it my skin feels uncomfortable and doesn't really sink in and look natural. Prior to buying the product, I read that some people mixed the BB cream with moisturizer and that combination worked really well for them. I tried that and it did not make a difference. Plus, when you take an almost sheer BB Cream and mix it with half-moisturizer then it goes from sheer to non-existent, thus defeating the entire purpose of make-up. And I'm not an expert, but isn't BB Cream supposed to moisturize instead of completely sucking all the moisture out of your face? I love Clinique, but this (expensive waste of money) product was horrible.