July 25, 2014 | 1275 users online

Cleansers - Trader Joe's - Nourish All in One Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by amileigh

I did not like this product. I bought it because of how many vitimans it contained thinking it would be great for my skin and I thought it was cheap for the amount...and I had loved the Tree Tea facewash...but I feel like the Nourish facewash never thoroughly cleans my face very well and like my pores and skin are still kinda grimey.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by tklotz188

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

cannot live without this stuff.. very gentle yet cleans like a scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by cookswithoutarecipe

Excellent cleanser for the price.

I use a two step cleasing method, dissolving my makeup with jojoba oil first and then washing with the cleanser. On its own, the cleanser does not thoroughly remove waxy cosmetics like mascara or gel eyeliner.

My skin is sensitive with normal oil and hormonal breakouts on occasion. The product has a fresh, mild scent that does not linger. It foams pleasantly and rinses clean easily. My skin feels refreshed and not stressed or stripped afterward.

I recommend it to someone with normal to oily skin who wants a gentle clarifying cleanser.

Criticisms: It is a little too drying for me in the winter. It is very thick and I sometimes have trouble getting it out of the pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by drawntomusic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Nice gentle cleanser! I use this in the morning and follow with TJ's enrich spf15 moisturizer. This cleanser is very gentle, cleans thoroughly without stripping my skin. It has a great smooth lather and rinses easily. I have normal skin, as far as being oily or dry, and occasionally break out due to hormones. I use TJ's tea tree cleanser at night to help keep acne in check.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by tulipsplash

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HG cleanser at last! This product both thoroughly cleanses my skin and leaves it perfectly moisturized at the same time. For reference, I rarely wear heavy makeup application and my skin is combo, but more on the slightly oily side versus slightly dry so I don't require heavy moisturization. Price at the store is only like $6 per bottle, but online it's like $15 per bottle. So, I always pick up two in the store. TJ--Please don't ever discontinue this awesome, gentle cleanser! I love it and don't ever want to be without it!!! This is the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by colettep

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Trust me, I have tried just about everything for my oily, acne prone skin which is now more, uhm, mature shall we say, and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised with this cleanser. The ingredients are safe, I checked them all on the EWG website. It is calming while not being overly moisturizing and rinses off easily leaving a clean, fresh feeling to my skin. I have seen cleansers come and go and I sure hope TJ's doesn't stop making this because it is now my favorite go to cleanser. It doesn't break me out and it doesn't break the bank either! Love, love, love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by caterpillargirl2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this after reading all the rave reviews and I thought I would love it, but it just didn't do anything for me. I didn't feel my face got clean enough and I have been won over by TJ's facial cleanser with tea tree oil. I thought the price and amount was a good deal, but the pump is cheaply made. I just didn't care for this product and there are better ones out there in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by keia1113

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this cleanser 3x now. I have very oily acne prone skin and I use this as my morning cleanser followed by my benzoyl acne treatment.

I find this cleanser gentle and I haven't experienced any adverse reactions. I love the good ingredients and low price point. A bottle last me months.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:

1. Inexpensive for how long it lasts (lasted me approximately 3 months, washing my face twice a day and letting someone borrow some frequently)
2. Doesn't test on animals
3. Good ingredients compared to almost all other facial cleansers that I've used
4. Tears-free (Doesn't irritate the eyes at all)
5. Removes make up pretty well. Some cleansers I've used still leave traces of make up behind after washing my face, but this doesn't when I use mineral powder make up. It might with heavy-duty long-wear make up products, though (such as Revlon Colorstay)
6. Love the pump packaging! It makes my life so much easier.

Cons:

1. Doesn't seem to help clear up active acne anymore, but it did when I first began using it.
2. You can only find it at Trader Joe's. I have to make special trips just to that one store when I run out, which can be inconvenient.

I gave it a 3/5 overall because it's just okay for me. I used to love it when I first began using it, and it really helped clear up my skin. When I switched from using Pur Minerals pressed powder to experimenting with other make up foundations, this became ineffective in healing active acne breakouts. Since that's the point of using a cleanser, using this now is not worth it. Now, I literally wash my face with this and wake up the next morning with new acne.

I wouldn't repurchase this. I would recommend this because it may work for some people, as it used to work for me. As I stated previously, a friend of mine also used this and they reported they really liked it as well and purchased one of their own. Disclaimer, they've switched to the Clarisonic system now, though. It may work for some or it may not work, but I think it's worth finding out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by shelvedfiction

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin: mildly acne-prone on cheeks and chin, dry in winter, combination, large pores and redness on cheeks and nose.

How I Use: One pump in the morning in the shower massaging with hands for about a minute and rinse with warm (not hot) water. 1-2 pumps in the evening to cleanse and remove makeup (tinted moisturizer, blush, waterproof mascara, waterproof eyeliner, and SPF) and again massaging with fingertips for about one minute and then rinsing with warm water. I pat dry, and then I apply a toner, exfoliant, and moisturizer. One bottle lasts approximately 4-6 months. My fiance also uses the cleanser and likes it.

Senses: Gel texture, but foams a little with water. Easy to rinse-off. Fragrance-free. Leaves skin feeling clean. May make the skin feel a little tight during the winter months, but nothing a gentle alcohol-free toner or a little moisturizer can't fix. Does not break me out, but do not expect it to mitigate acne. Use chemical exfoliants and benzoyl peroxide left on the skin to reduce acne.

Pros: Not tested on animals, recyclable container (you can remove the label and reuse the pump or just recycle the bottle), relatively inexpensive, can twist the pump down so cleanser does not leak when traveling, fragrance-free.
Cons: The antioxidants are not protected from light (in a clear container), antioxidants are washed down the drain (but having them in there does not hurt), dries the skin a little, but gentle compared to Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming cleanser and Clean and Clear Sensitive Skin cleanser, says that it exfoliates, but I think you would need a BHA or AHA ingredient that is left on the skin for it to exfoliate.

Have repurchased 3 times, and it is my go-to cleanser.